It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rapture could be a Mass Abduction !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The Rapture could be a Mass Abduction !

What if these christians think their god/alien is coming to take them into sky/heaven/space but really is a trapping or mass kidnapping !
They would probably even get joyful about being kidnapped at first... IMHO.

Wouldnt they ask god/alien for his proverbial ID?
Or would they accept it unconditionally without the slightest thought as to question if this is the right guy.....our god ...we have here.

Would you jump in any old stranger aliens car like a child among wolves/predators?

would'nt our gov shoot these chariots of fire/UFO's down at first sight?
would'nt this be an invasion of sorts?

Simularities:
--------------------------------------------------------------
CHRISTIAN GOD lives in heaven, outside earth
ALIENS live in space, outside earth
CHRISTIAN GOD uses firey chariots as vehicles to move around
ALIENS use firey chariots as vehicles to move around
CHRISTIAN GOD didnt come from earth
ALIENS didnt come from earth
---------------------------------------------------------------

what would you all do if faced with this question:
hypothetically, If christian god was an ET would you trust him the same?
would you side with god or man?

[edit on 6-2-2005 by lizzardsamok]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Well he would probably kill me If I refused. So I would go peacefully and see what happens...

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lizzardsamok

CHRISTIAN GOD lives in heaven, outside earth

I don't think so,

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
God isnt an alien. If an alien posed as God then we would not go with him. We would call him the devil

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
lets recap:

Rapture = when christ returns to take many of his people into clouds in sky, physicaly.
Mass Abduction = when other beings take many people into UFO's in sky, physicaly.

I fail to logicaly see the difference, dont you?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Mito:

could you elaborate on that perhaps?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I guess it's a valid concept if you believe that mumbojumbo.

My religion falls on the lines of neo-pagean I guess. I'm not sitting around waiting for anyone to take me anywhere. I'll get there when I'm dead.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I think the rapture could possibly be explained away as an alien abduction of people not the other way around. I am a christian and the more I study the Bible I find evidence in the Bible that "aliens" will come to earth. These fallen angels will deceive people. Christians will be removed by Jesus at some point in time.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
well...I am on board with this possibility.
Ive always considered mass abduction to be a viable explanation of the so called rapture.
I am wierd though........but I am NOT alone in this thought process........

Check out www.operationterra.com.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   

------------------------------------------------------------------
Mito:

could you elaborate on that perhaps?

I might try,
If there is a God, and there is
then it's the life force within every single living being and much more, It's not some old man/alien on heavens or wherever, it's inside us as well as outside, I will stop here, but much more can be said.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   
One big problem.
If the rapture is of God, there's no way you could resist. He is God.
If the rapture is from aliens, you can resist.....good way to test it, lol...

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
MiTo
that has nothing to do with the christian god as its known to bible,

I thats your belife, ok ,
but it doesnt prove a point or relate one way or another as to this topic.

Rapture is of a christian ideal, if there is another religion not based on christian belifes that mentions a rapture please enlighten me with your knowledge.

Not to offend you but this topic is specifically on rapture .
not what god may be like ....

[edit on 7-2-2005 by lizzardsamok]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Ok just from reading and studying the rapture a couple years ago doesn't God take everyone in the blink of an eye? I am sure if aliens abducted people we could tell the difference.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
why do you not think aliens could not take many in the blink of an eye?
or a thief in the night as jesus or "joshua" said.
Light moves pretty quick in those parylazation/levitating beams.....
so do their aircraft .....
Especially in mass force,

KJV Matthew 24:29-41
(29) Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
(30) And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
resurrection 7th trumpet resurrection
(40) Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
(41) Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Mat 13:39-40 KJV
(39) The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
(40) As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
-----------------------------------------------------

well this is gods people talking and they say:
the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

so you tell me........its pretty clear to me.

sources:
www.freejesus.net...

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   
The word "rapture" isn't even in the Bible! It came from a dream a woman had in the 1800's.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
you care to elaborate on that or give a link to your statement?
call it 2nd coming of christ if you wish,

A little effort perhaps....?

Tip:
ATS frowns on one sentence statements in posts , FYI

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   

MiTo
that has nothing to do with the christian god as its known to bible,

well, I'm a Christian and that is what I believe in, it's not in contradiction with anything any other Crhistian will tell you, however their interpretation and understanding may not be the same...
as for the bible, well a lot of things are completly misunderstood, imho

[edit on 7/2/05 by MiTo]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
lizzardsamok:

Tip: Please address your statements to whom they are directed and try to use a civil tone to your posts. Worry about what you are doing and not what others are doing and things will go better. Try using please and thank you.
FYI: I am well aware of what ATS frowns on. Technically that was 2 sentences...not one! (lol) I think it is one liners you are referring to!

I havn't seen any links of the word rapture being IN the bible (because it is NOT!)
Here is a link: www.tribulation.com... on the word rapture not being sound in the bible and this one:
www.geocities.com...
www.solarsabbath.org...

Here is a link about JN Darby who originated the rapture:
www.credenda.org...

I correct myself on it being a man and not a woman, although I am sure that I was taught it was a womanpossilbe by Pastor Arnold Murray of Shepherd's Chapel. www.shepherdschapel.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   

The word "rapture" isn't even in the Bible! It came from a dream a woman had in the 1800's.

True, but the described event is...
Still, just what exactly do they intend to do with 144000 virgin males descended from the twelve tribes of Israel???
Guiness World Record for group anal probe???

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Gazrok:

Agreed. The described event of everyone being instantly changed is there ( the word rapture is not).

IMHO: This event of being instantly changed is what Christians call the rapture. I think that it is actually some kind of quantum leap that will take place. Maybe brought on by some kind of cataclysmic event like....a pole shift? www.greatdreams.com... in which we all perish at the same time causing every one to suddenly transform into spiritual bodies causing a shift in dementions?

www.globalpsychics.com...

www.globalpsychics.com...

My right wing sister some years ago gave me some literature about when the rapture happens it will be explained to those left behind as mass abductions by ufo's. She believes that ufo's are fake but the story is being propagated by satan into the world to further decieve poeple when the event does occur.
Here is a link realted to that: www.globalpsychics.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The problem is....the Rapture is supposed to happen AFTER all of the seals are broken, so that means that those who would go, would have still had to have lived through all of that mess...

So, let's assume you're one of those lucky enough to make the cut (again, according to the Bible, only males who are virgins (or gay, as it states they must not know the touch of a woman,
) and who are of course, descended from the twelve trips. Ok, so you're one of the chosen. You STILL have to watch your friends and family who AREN'T on the list die horrible agonizing deaths at the hands of Earthquakes, Volcanos, Flesh Eating Locusts, etc. etc. and after ALL of that, you then get to go spend eternity worshipping the guy who brought all of that to Earth...

Gee, where do I sign up?

Personally, if I were a Christian, I'd be praying that those events are all metaphors, etc. and not literal, or you're still screwed, hehe....

[edit on 7-2-2005 by Gazrok]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join