It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - John Denver Becoming John Dever - Transition Time?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I only "buy" the Mandela Effect because I CLEARLY recall that Mandela died in the 1980's...I remember seeing his funeral...he died in prison...and his wife was going to run in politics...she stated she was going to continue his work after he had died.......but this John Denver thing? PURE typo......a reply to: Pearj

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blender5L

originally posted by: roadgravel
Speaking of Gilligan's Island, there were two intros

One ended at "the movie star" and later "the professor and May Ann" was added. Not Mandela Effect but I imagine someone will believe so.

I just looked it up, ok I know this one. It says Mary Ann not May Ann, maybe you're having a Mandella Effect moment right now.

haha. I typo'd it. But, yeah, ME now,

edit:

The music and lyrics for the theme song, "The Ballad of Gilligan’s Isle", were written by Sherwood Schwartz and George Wyle. One version was used for the first season and another for the second and third seasons. In the original song, the Professor and Mary Ann, originally considered "second-billed co-stars", were referred to as "and the rest", but with the growing popularity of those characters, their names were inserted into the lyrics.

The Gilligan theme song underwent this one major change due to star Bob Denver, who personally went to the studio executives and asked that Johnson and Wells be added to the theme song's opening credits. When the studio at first refused, saying it would be too expensive to reshoot, Denver insisted, even saying that if Johnson and Wells were not included, he wanted his name out of the song, as well. The studio caved in, and "the Professor and Mary Ann" were added

edit on 6/27/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cornczech
I only "buy" the Mandela Effect because I CLEARLY recall that Mandela died in the 1980's...I remember seeing his funeral...he died in prison...and his wife was going to run in politics...she stated she was going to continue his work after he had died.......but this John Denver thing? PURE typo......a reply to: Pearj

Who became president if he died in the 1980's? That should in that timeline.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cornczech

No.

While Nelson Mandela was not an unknown figure, most of the world learned of him and his story in the late a980s mainly because of his ill health while in prison (he had contracted Tuberculosis, and was elderly, thus frail).

His prison plight was magnified not only because of apartheid, but because he was old and very ill. There were many stories in the news about his ill health and frail condition, which were exasperated by being in prison.

So it is not surprising that when many people think of the first time they heard of Nelson Mandela, his poor health in prison is one of the first things they think of, which (not surprisingly) people misremember as being that he died in prison.

As 'roadgravel' mentions above, if he had died in prison, then how is it that he later became President of South Africa?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

edit on 27-6-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

The person would have joined the current timeline later. What I don't see if information about other difference at the same time. I find it hard to believe there is only the one difference in the old timeline. EG the other effects from the cause.

Who was the president in the other line at the time Mandela was president in this timeline since he was dead then.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This is a weird thread. Since the ME is generally agreed to be some kind of phenomenon related to realities diverging (a sort of 'branched multiverse'), I would be interested to know how it is feasible that some websites are reaching our universe from one of the other branches of the universe. More to the point, why it is only a few websites that are reaching us, and not all of them.

I mean, the internet ultimately consists of physical objects, and so the direct corollary is that some of those objects (particularly, but not limited to, bits of hosting hardware) are actually in other universes and producing some kind of 'interference' in our universe.

If this is the case, the information held on those objects in our universe (if you see what I mean) will be unaltered. So maybe all you have to do is go and secure one of those objects and show that the information held on it is not the information that other people are seeing when they connect to it.

N.b., the word 'maybe' is bearing unnecessary strain in the preceding.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
google has all the me goods...

even brian cox isnt who he is.. aged quite well too, for his age..

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I would be interested to know how it is feasible that some websites are reaching our universe from one of the other branches of the universe.

I think the idea is that the person changed time lines, not the information.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I think the idea is that the person changed time lines, not the information.

This might seem like sarcasm, but wouldn't that amount to the same thing?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

Maybe it's what you meant.

But may take is that the person moved. The website at the other line has certain data and the website here has another.

Just as a Mandela died there but not here many until years later. A person can't go to a box of old stuff here and find the book with the other title, it's changed here, the other on is on the other line.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Dobie Gillis aka Gilligan Mary Ann Summers aka Gilligan Denver

www.metv.com...

THE CITY OF DENVER IS NAMED AFTER HIS GREAT-GREAT-GRANDFATHER. The Colorado capital was named for James William Denver, the great-great-grandfather of Bob Denver. And, no, Bob is not related to John Denver, who was born Henry John Deutschendorf, Jr

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
Just typos, nothing to see here...

Typos: the "Kryptonite" to overboard Mandela effect theories...

link   
a reply to: Blender5L

Nah - you're just having a Patrick Bateman moment

link   
Must be a typo. All the YouTube videos are Denver
So is Wiki
edit on 27-6-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
What is odd is when you type in either spelling it doesn't correct you and say 'did you mean' or 'showing results for xxxx instead' kinda thing. Either search brings up the typo

ETA oh it does in image search
edit on 27-6-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I always thought people got confused with his wife dying

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Maybe it's what you meant.

But may take is that the person moved. The website at the other line has certain data and the website here has another.

I think we are describing the same thing, here, but from different perspectives. The universe 'branches' and someone ends up in a different universe to the one in which their memory was valid (i.e., the information is still correct in that other universe, which continues despite the person having ended up along a separate 'branch').

(And the point about why a website in our universe would show information from another universe still stands anyway).

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I would think that if objects and information (website data) were changing time line then we should see objects appear, such a cars or building, that we have never seen. They somehow just come into existence having no previous trace here.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Instead of black and white - where a web site shows data one way in one place - and a different way in another place...

It could be fluid and merging - as though reality bleeds over from one place to another, leaving traces in both.

Two web sites, two memories - merged - where the outcome is dependent on the observer.

ETA: What I mean is while some data seems merged.. what one remembers is what's dependent on the observer.

Thought I'd join in your conversation, interesting stuff.

edit on 27-6-2017 by Pearj because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join