It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queen to receive £6 million pay rise

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82
Lol, true.
I challenge my MP regularly, I protest and campaign, I've even taken to civil disobedience over the years for the right cause, fox hunting for one. That was a result, but generally, yeah, when 42.4% of voters want Tory, nothing will change.
On-topic, if we want to keep those historic buildings like Buck palace and Westminster then the tax payer has to fund it. I'm easy, knock them down and sell the land to the highest bidder, I wouldn't care, I don't live in London, but if the choice is to keep them then it has to be paid for.

I said previously that Ireland has done okay with an elected symbolic president, so could we, I'm no royalist, but even without a monarchy the question of fixing those buildings will still remain.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: InceyWincey

well they are national heritage sites so it would be a disservice to everyone in the world if we left them to ruin , you wouldnt see that happen to edinburgh castle so it wont happen to westminster , buckingham palace , tower of london , windsor estate etc .

Well done for doing something about the fox hunting by the way , despite a fox or foxes killing my mums peacocks and trying to kill the ducks and chickens i still like to make sure they are protected, so you have my thanks

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

We should get rid of the monarchy once and for all.

"We should get rid of Muslims once and for all"

Sounds insane innit?

Yes mate, attempting to get rid of Muslims is insane.

Actually the correct term is Genocide.

Monarchy - human made control system.
Islam - human made control system.

No, it's not genocide - just like your comment, it's simply 'getting rid of them once and for all'.

You appear to believe that Islam is somehow different to Monarchy? They ain't - for the reasons bolded above - same pigs, different tails.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I've always been pretty much apathetic towards the monarchy - as long as they kept out of the running and governing of this country and as long as they cost us relatively little per taxpayer I wasn't really bothered either way about them. There are many, many things wrong with our country that require urgent attention and radical reform so in the grand scheme of things I thought they were pretty much irrelevant.

But they aren't - far from it.

First of all in these times of totally unnecessary austerity cuts aimed directly at the most vulnerable and needy in our society and punitive pay restrictions placed on so many in the public sector I think this increased payment is a particularly bitter pill to swallow and can only succeed in causing more resentment and division in the UK.

In addition its worth considering just what the monarchy represents; the continuance of the status quo in our society that has seen an elite minority control almost every important aspect of our society in order to maximize their power and profit free from any reasonable level of scrutiny and accountability.

Whilst recognising that alternative forms of Head of State may be at least equally as expensive, I personally feel it is imperative that we abolish the monarchy as soon as possible and we send a message that we are no longer prepared to accept inequalities and injustices that infest this country.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
In addition its worth considering just what the monarchy represents; the continuance of the status quo in our society that has seen an elite minority control almost every important aspect of our society in order to maximize their power and profit free from any reasonable level of scrutiny and accountability.

Whilst recognising that alternative forms of Head of State may be at least equally as expensive, I personally feel it is imperative that we abolish the monarchy as soon as possible and we send a message that we are no longer prepared to accept inequalities and injustices that infest this country.

I think the bolded words are the key ones.

Why bother 'sending a message', which clearly indicates you know the real cause of oppression is not the monarchy?

Why not cut out the middle-man and go straight to the people who are the oppressors?

The answer is obvious: You've said it yourself, the monarchy is a symbol. And symbols only have symbolic value.

So, you've deposed the monarch. The bankers, billionaires, and Tories take no notice, because it doesn't affect them one jot. What do you do now?

Well, you go back to being exactly as oppressed as you were yesterday, except now you will have the lifelong burden of knowing you could have changed things for the better instead of wasting your chance by tilting at windmills.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Sounds insane innit?

Doesn't have to be Genocide. Just convert all Muslims to Christianity, save their souls. Problem solved.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

If you feel so strongly about it, do something about it. Nothing brings attention like a good old assassination.

Otherwise, join the millions of people over the past thousands of years who complained about giving money to royals while doing exactly that!

I know i cant change it, so i dont cry about it either! Just accept it and move on.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
No! The money is her's/his/its! You're a "Constitutional Monarchy" (well? Now you are, ).. but you're not a "Republic". But that, "We The People" stuff? Doesn't really work. Not even in America. People just need to learn how to be a serf. There'd be a lot more "love" and more "work" accomplished!..If we just learn how to "follow the leader". LOL!

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

haha thanks for summing up what I was trying to say in my head haha

'audobon sigil magick is quite the thing , and symbolism is rife in our world so yes they are important and symbolic and strong
and the top the cream of the crop !

combatmaster funny I actually googled how many royal assassination attempts there have been yesterday!

I wouldnt kill anyone , the queen despite being who she is is still a part of the whole and my anger is misplaced
they are just living within their ego's and so deeply entrenched into the dark side they are almost lost

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Sounds insane innit?

Monarchy - human made control system.
Islam - human made control system.

No, it's not genocide - just like your comment, it's simply 'getting rid of them once and for all'.

You appear to believe that Islam is somehow different to Monarchy? They ain't - for the reasons bolded above - same pigs, different tails.

They are very different - you just 'believe' you have found a common quality which I find pigheaded.

Do you also believe that by making a statement bolded it makes it more true?

Abolition of the Monarchy in favour of an alternative is not Genocide. That is why you can hold referendums for that and not getting Rid of 'Muslims' which is insane.

If you are making a poor attempt of being a literalist and inferring that I meant extinguish the lives of the royal family then that also is insane, and misplaced.

You are diminishing your intelligence if you truly believe one man or a group of men wrote a book that continues to control billions of your fellow human beings 1400 years later. Would make a funny plot for a sci-fi though.

Many humans were religious before religion even became a thing, it's a feeling that people have. A feeling that 80 per cent of your species happen to have.

Do you feel you should move planet if 80 per cent of your species are under 'control'. And you managed to break free?

It's all perspectives in the end innit.
edit on 29-6-2017 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Do you feel you should move planet if 80 per cent of your species are under 'control'. And you managed to break free?

Like the new world , all those religions flocking to create their own religious utopia

maybe we should move planets

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Yeah it really is chaotic, what can I say. Always has been, and always will be. Then you'll be dead after 80 years and you'll either end up as star dust or meet your maker...

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

maybe im going about it wrong , maybe I should write a letter to Liz and tell her im sorry for saying nasty things about her and ask her if she'd be willing as our queen (never called her that before) to help the poor and disabled

see how that goes , maybe I should give up hating against the evil of the world and just realise they are us but just misguided
its like the dark parts of your soul that you know exist but you choose not to listen to them
these people are us and we choose to ignore them or not listen because their message is evil or wrong or hate filled
instead we need to give patience and give them attention

maybe that will work I dont know haha

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

She should be putting that £6 million, plus a whole lot more, towards sorting out those poor Grenfell Towers victims life's, stands to reason really after all they are indeed "Her" subjects.

edit on 29-6-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

You'd think a queen of the people would be benevolent in that sense and gift part of the money for upgrading buckingham palace to fixing all the towers in the UK

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

They cant be fixed only knocked down.

But that would mean TPTB would have to build other proper accommodation for the poor souls forced to exist in these down right dangerous social oblivion's.

Never going to happen because the fact of the matter is that most people who live in council accommodation tend to vote Labour, or at least not Tory.

Which is one of the real reasons regarding the lack of affordable council accommodation in this nation.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

maybe im going about it wrong , maybe I should write a letter to Liz and tell her im sorry for saying nasty things about her and ask her if she'd be willing as our queen (never called her that before) to help the poor and disabled

Lol I see her as a hopeless case, in her age, just leave her be and cut the public cash flow, maybe get some of it back for the more needy and then let her and her progeny live off their holdings for the foreseeable future as the outdated customs and traditions wither away into extinction.

Kings and Queens based on bloodlines is just a joke, should be based on character and integrity...

see how that goes , maybe I should give up hating against the evil of the world and just realise they are us but just misguided
its like the dark parts of your soul that you know exist but you choose not to listen to them
these people are us and we choose to ignore them or not listen because their message is evil or wrong or hate filled
instead we need to give patience and give them attention

maybe that will work I dont know haha

Yeah I think giving patience, and attention goes a long way. We're all human after all, some bad some good, but most of us are driven by motives and reasons. We're all struggling in some way. I think understanding things from other people's perspectives is the first step in showing patience and attention.

I don't expect everyone to be understanding and respectful, but I'll start with myself first.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Speaking of knocking down high rises , it reminds me of the common wealth games in Glasgow when they wanted to demolish one of the red road flats, and at the same time built a athlete village in the east end one of the most udnerfunded and poorest areas of Glasgow to then lease them as council housing later.

Alot of the high rises in the city have been demolished and new housing estates put in their place.
Maybe the government should invest in a nation wide project of housing generation and hire the labour from our own countries and invest in companies from here to build them. Creating jobs and housing in the process.

It also makes me think to other things we arent doing about the future of the UK with land becoming ever more finite our lands in England are flooded regularly and the damage is often irrepairable and people lose their family homes.
What they should be doing is a nation wide project to build coastal flood defences which also act as renewable energy generation and possibly an extension to our housing in floating homesteads , saving land , and creating jobs and funding the economy.

I think you are right we should see them fade out of our democracy and traditions as we go forward, but it would be good of them in the death throws to show the world that they ended on a high note by supporting the countries they had ruled for aeons .

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I don't expect everyone to be understanding and respectful, but I'll start with myself first.

"I'm talkin bout the man in the mirror"

thats a great lesson to learn

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I live in Glasgow, although a beautiful city, to be honest 70-80% of the council housing schemes that surround the city, including the high rise monstrosities that still remain should be knocked down.

Something like this you mean?

That's Toryglen Circus, i used to live right next to the place.

It's gone now and replaced with 4 in the block accommodation and other flats and all the better to the world really, back in the mid 80s to early 90s the place used to be referred to as smack city.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join