It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Congressional Budget Office is in Over its Head with HealthCare Projections.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: carewemust

It's just as I said. Republican states opted out and Republican law makers gutted the "risk corridor".

www.nytimes.com...

talkingpointsmemo.com...

Perhaps if a few more legislators had read it before they passed it things would have worked out better.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: conscientiousobserver

how is having an $850 deductible better than getting full coverage from the government?

It's likely that the added taxes the average family will be hit with in order to purchase that full coverage will add up to more than the $850.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Isn't the bill 25,000 pages?

With that many pages, I know I am going to get boned.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

We're all gonna get boned,

A Bloody Collapse

No matter whether its misnamed PPACA (Obamacare) a new bill, single payer or some hybrid thereof - no matter what, medical industry will collapse and take rest of economy with it using current pricing schemes.

Unless and until application of current law is brought to bear on medical industry there will be no such thing as "affordable care"

Folks calling for single payer government system are especially delusional as it will only hasten the collapse and then...........

You will have nothing, nothing at all.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act was a HUMUNGOUS 10,000 pages long, right out the box. Pelosi fell asleep on page 17.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Sigh

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Isn't the bill 25,000 pages?

With that many pages, I know I am going to get boned.

Hardly...it's 132 pages.
www.congress.gov...

The original PPACA (aka "ObamaCare") was 903 pages.
www.congress.gov...

ObamaCare is now over 20,000 pages of rules and regulations. New rules continually added, and other rules added to counteract the effect of prior rules. Government intrusion at its finest!

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Yes the ACA

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY THAT THE MEDIA TREATS ALL AMERICANS AS STUPID SHEEP!

This evening they are FLOODING the airwaves and internet with this HENIOUS lie..

"CBO SAYS THAT 22 MILLION AMERICANS WILL LOSE (or be Kicked Off) THEIR HEALTH INSURANCE BY 2026!!!!"

Read what the CBO says in its report and tell me if you think that headline is TRUE or FAKE news...

""CBO and JCT estimate that, in 2018, 15 million more people would be uninsured under this legislation than under current law—primarily because the penalty for not having insurance would be eliminated. The increase in the number of uninsured people relative to the number projected under current law would reach 19 million in 2020 and 22 million in 2026.""

SOURCE: www.cbo.gov...

It's insane that the media is TOO DAMNED LAZY to read 8 paragraphs into the CBO Report. Hell, even the Congress is too lazy to read the report. When interviewed by the MSM tonight, Congressmen are pissing their pants when asked about the 22 million LOSING coverage by 2026!

Before the House version of the AHCA was passed in May, the CBO said the number was 23 million. There were the same FAKE NEWS headlines then. Republican cowards in the House seized up so badly that House Speaker Ryan had to cancel the first attempt at voting.

President Trump needs to take the lead and correct this FAKE NEWS with a televised address. Not a damn Tweet!

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Sorry, Trump is a big liar. You should disengage while you have some creditability left on ATS. He said no one would be left out, one million is too many.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Sorry, Trump is a big liar. You should disengage while you have some creditability left on ATS. He said no one would be left out, one million is too many.

Sorry, but I don't seek credibility beyond my family circle.

The CBO is never accurate. There's no debating that.

With ObamaCare, millions of Americans will have ZERO or ONE health insurance company available after the end of this year. That too, is an unfortunate fact.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

I disagree on one point - there will be something. There will be doctors with the skills to heal. It's just going to be ugly. I also doubt that we will lose the pharmaceutical industry entirely although the whole world goes down in that case since the US pretty much supplies most of the drugs through R&D the global companies do here and very few other places. Socialized countries do not recognize patent protections.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

The CBO is never accurate. There's no debating that.

From what we've seen so faar, the CBO has underestimated how many people would be adversely affected by the ACA. Now you're saying that we shouldn't pay attention to their prediction that even more people will be adversely affected than before. So I guess that we should figure that even more people than the CBO is predicting will suffer from TrumpCare than they suggest.

No matter how you play, TrumpCare is bad for the American people and even worse than the ACA!

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

The CBO says that 15 million people will cancel their ObamaCare plans next year...2018. The CBO loses all credibility making a FAKE statement like that, because there are only 9 million people on ObamaCare private plans. (There were 11 million when the year started, but 2 million have cancelled their coverage since 1.1.2017)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Further proof that the Congressional Budget Office is directed by executives who are pro-ACA/ObamaCare. Or, they are too embarrassed over being so wrong about every major ObamaCare prediction, dating back to 2010.

Whatever the reason, The CBO refuses to keeping running tabs on how new taxes affect ObamaCare enrollment and premiums, as these taxes are phased in, as dictated by the ACA's schedule.

Excerpt:

""List of tax hikes ignored in the CBO half-score of Obamacare

3.8 percent surtax on investment income
Hike in top Medicare payroll tax rate to 3.8 percent
Medicine cabinet tax
Additional surtax on health savings account (HSA) distributions
Cap on flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Medical device tax
High medical bills tax
Tanning tax
Tax on employer retiree drug coverage in Medicare​
Charitable hospital tax​
Pharmaceutical manufacturers tax​
Health insurance tax​
Tax on executive compensation in the health sector​
"Black liquor" tax hike​
Codification of "economic substance doctrine"

This is just another version of "we can't score it anymore" that CBO Director Doug Elmendorf (and his Gruber-gate methodology on Obamacare) has become known for.""

Full Article at: www.atr.org...

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Late to the party, but...

originally posted by: carewemust

Most Republican states opted-out of Medicaid Expansion. Medicaid Expansion allows people who earn up to $16,500 to enroll in FREE Medicaid. TEXAS is one state that didn't expand Medicaid. In Austin, a 45 year-old who earns $12,000 can buy a $850 Deductible health plan for $8 a month. Having a private health plan is better than having Medicaid.

I would DEARLY love to know what that plan is, because my daughter and I both looked for health care for her here in Dallas. She makes around $15k/year and the cheapest I found was around $800/month. If we'd found anything for $8/month, she would have been buying it for the past 3 years.

Now, I'd believe that someone in a state that did take Medicaid Expansion got that kind of deal. But, believe me, we've looked for the past several years (she's so poor that she gets the waiver) and it just isn't there.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

a reply to: windword

The CBO says that 15 million people will cancel their ObamaCare plans next year...2018. The CBO loses all credibility making a FAKE statement like that, because there are only 9 million people on ObamaCare private plans. (There were 11 million when the year started, but 2 million have cancelled their coverage since 1.1.2017)

The problems have been due to states not buying into this. If every state had gone along with it (or almost all) then they would have had the power to leverage insurance companies to offer low cost policies.

By NOT buying into it, some states gave insurance companies the "go ahead" to raise rates outrageously and offer some pretty lame plans. I think Americans deserve good and affordable health insurance but that's not happening until EVERY state gets on board and starts using their clout to make insurance companies pay their executives less and offer more bang for the consumer buck.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Phoenix

I disagree on one point - there will be something. There will be doctors with the skills to heal. It's just going to be ugly. I also doubt that we will lose the pharmaceutical industry entirely although the whole world goes down in that case since the US pretty much supplies most of the drugs through R&D the global companies do here and very few other places. Socialized countries do not recognize patent protections.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
July 19, 2017

Today the CBO proved once again that it is out of touch with what's going on in the REAL world of 2017.

In a newly released 7.19.2017 report, the Congressional Budget Office declared that if ObamaCare REPEAL-ONLY was passed, 17 million people would lose their insurance next year.

DUH! Hey CBO..THERE's ONLY 18 MILLION PEOPLE ON OBAMACARE!

and

""In 2026 there would be 32 million people without health insurance""

The CBO projected this based on the assumption that ONLY full-featured ObamaCare compliant plans will be available to the public over the next 10 years, AND the subsidies that help lower-income people buy these expensive plans are shut-off.

But even if the subsidies were NOT shut off, there would not be 32 million people on ObamaCare. That 32 million number is about how many people the CBO estimated would be enrolled in Obamacare when they did their initial 10 year estimate, back in 2009!

For those who can stand to read illogical, fake bullchit, from the liberal swamp, here's a link to the CBO report.
www.cbo.gov...

edit on 7/20/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
Late to the party, but...

Most Republican states opted-out of Medicaid Expansion. Medicaid Expansion allows people who earn up to $16,500 to enroll in FREE Medicaid. TEXAS is one state that didn't expand Medicaid. In Austin, a 45 year-old who earns $12,000 can buy a $850 Deductible health plan for $8 a month. Having a private health plan is better than having Medicaid.

I would DEARLY love to know what that plan is, because my daughter and I both looked for health care for her here in Dallas. She makes around $15k/year and the cheapest I found was around $800/month. If we'd found anything for $8/month, she would have been buying it for the past 3 years.

Now, I'd believe that someone in a state that did take Medicaid Expansion got that kind of deal. But, believe me, we've looked for the past several years (she's so poor that she gets the waiver) and it just isn't there.

Yes.. Texas is a maverick. But from what I hear/read, the citizens there are proud of it.

If your daughter estimated her income lower, the government subsidy would be much greater in that state.

TIP: If her income for 2017 comes in higher than estimated, but under 400% of the FPL, her repayment of the subsidy overpayment is limited to $1,250 when she files her 2017 taxes. (Google "APTC Recapture")

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join