It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Justices Kennedy & Ginsburg are not retiring -- Err... OK, thanks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Something a bit weird happened this weekend. On Friday, news articles appeared speculating that Justice Anthony Kennedy would retire as soon as Monday. Today, we learn that neither he nor Ruth Bader Ginsburg are planning to retire soon.

I'm left wondering just what the heck was going on here. Was someone trying to push one or both of them off the bench? Ginsburg I can certainly see needing to retire soon. Take a look at the stock photo of the Supreme Court justices (seen in this article, for example. Ginsburg looks very frail, and is leaning heavily on her chair's armrest. Stephen Breyer (seated at far right) is also older than dirt, but he at least is able to sit up straight for the couple of minutes required to take a picture.

ETA: What the heck is that thing Ginsburg is wearing that looks like an Aztek necklace? And why is she wearing it over her robe?
edit on 26-6-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I don't know about the necklace but she actually looks like Stephen Hawking and also has alien hands.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I don't see Kennedy, Ginsburg, or Breyer lasting four more years. Trump's gonna replace all of 'em.

And as for the 'rumors' ... yeah, I was wondering what was up with all of that too. I think it was a litmus test of sorts. Some news source trying to figure out of they're still relevant or not. Obviously, they can still make-up BS and get it into the news stream.

S&F for making a point of it.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

TURN DOWN FOR WHAT!?!?!?

edit on 6 26 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

RBG is up there in age and has commented about retirement before. Kennedy also speculated about retirement and it seemed to be confirmed when he scheduled a reunion for his former law clerks this year. The reunions are every 5 years however the one he scheduled for this was was only 4 years, lending to speculation he was doing it now because he was going to retire.

Stay... go... doesnt really matter.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
What are the odds in Vegas on who dies first in that group? I actually think RBG is already dead and the rest of the judges are playing Weekend at Bernie's with her dead body.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

I don't know about the necklace but she actually looks like Stephen Hawking and also has alien hands.

LOL! Shes does resemble Stephen Hawking. We just need to give her that 1980's-vintage computer voice

BadRandy: I definitely pick RBG to go first. She'll die in office, hoping in vain to survive until the next Democratic administration.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
ETA: What the heck is that thing Ginsburg is wearing that looks like an Aztek necklace? And why is she wearing it over her robe?

Maybe the old gal got a new dissent necklace? She was wearing the old one late last year following her disliking the taste of her own foot after Trump won the election.

top topics

join