It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

She's starting to shake, Shudder.. Shuddershake.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
An Air Asia flight that was taking off from Perth Australia began Shaking.... And did not stop.

The pilot announced that there was an apparent "Engine Seizure" on the left side. When the Captain made the announcement, some people began to cry while one cell phone video is of 2 men seemingly enjoying the experience.

Perth was expecting a water landing, but the plane made a safe landing. One article I'll link suggests there were no indication of engine issues and "Two years ago the occurrence aircraft had an indication of fire in the right engine on descent into Taipei. On landing at Taoyuan International Airport’s runway 05R the aircraft was examined by emergency services and neither fire nor smoke was found." Per Article sounds like a Lemon.

Anyway, I'm glad this was a good outcome. Yes just watching the videos made my posterior Suck Fabric as well as the passengers I'm sure of. And as much as i love Aviation, this would be another incident to quell my hopping on another plane.

FWI: flying is still safer

Article without video..

viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com...

Another article with video. Enjoy😣
abc7.com...

edit on 26-6-2017 by Bigburgh because: Spelling be bad

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Here's some video,

There are other unrelated examples of air emergencies in this sequence BTW.
edit on 26-6-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Thank you do much! My tablet never could embed videos. Have a Star🤗👍🌟

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Thank you do much! My tablet never could embed videos. Have a Star🤗👍🌟

No bother,
If you can get a video URL, and your reply box has the series of icons above it, including video, it could be possible.

Some more video..a lot more noise and info gives more idea of the situation, and we know the engine was shut down. Perhaps then the vanes were still able to rotate or that anything displaced in that area disturbed the aerodynamics of the aircraft.

edit on 26-6-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Ok, one of the videos I watched definitely shows the left engine off balance. I Can't upload the video, but it does have the appearance of a washer being loaded to heavy to one side.
Hence why passengers described it "like a washer shaking"

Folks this flight was 90 minutes in. So by the time the decision was made to turn around to Perth, the plane endured 90+ minutes of shaking. As per Smurfy... 2 hour's.

Nearest other airport is in Geraldton, Australia. Not big enough

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Whoa... when a pilot tells passengers to pray...

There are no atheists in foxholes, nor in violently shaking planes.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

But instead of landing at the nearest suitable airfield, which in this case was Learmonth (near Exmouth), the jet carrying 359 passengers flew all the way back to Perth.

The ATSB investigation will determine the exact times and distances. However, the jet was at 38,000 feet, about 370 kilometres from Learmonth, when a loud bang followed by strong vibrations caused the engine to be shut down.

www.crikey.com.au...

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

I know! Great point that I forgot to mention.

"This is your Captain speaking..... Pray! Your co-operation is appreciated"

edit on 26-6-2017 by Bigburgh because: Your not you or you're

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks,
Different articles are stating bits of important information.

I was looking at the map. Perth seemed more suitably qualified in my mind giving Fire and EMS. My AARF simplton mind.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Perth is more convenient. Learmonth has handled serious emergencies before, including the Qantas A330 that had flight control computer failure. Perth lets them fly an engine in and has access to better maintenance facilities.
edit on 6/26/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ok, no suprise. I have Learmonth favored on google maps as a military base. So I wouldn't think to land a civilian aircraft there. So in my head it would be like trying to land a SW Airliner at Creech or Groom lake from Vegas to Reno in an emergency.

BTW thanks for that info.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

That's why it can take aircraft that size. It's a joint use facility.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Perth is more convenient. Learmonth has handled serious emergencies before, including the Qantas A330 that had flight control computer failure. Perth lets them fly an engine in and has access to better maintenance facilities.

Yes, the pilot proved he is a true company man. I'm sure he will continue to do something for AirAsian.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

There it is.. the un even engine. An old co worker pulled up the report. Claims a fan Blade blew. Possible. But I have not laid eyes on it yet( the investigative report ). But it fits!🤗

GGGGRRRREEeeeat work Smurfy!

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Fan blade broke off about 5" from root and exited the engine through the bottom of the cowling.

top topics

join