It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ObamaCare - Republicans Swept Democrats Due to the ACA Infringing on Americans Freedom.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Well if they can't get rid of Obama care maybe they can get rid of that other infringement on Americans' rights --- get rid of the requirement to have car insurance. That's bullcrap. Why should I be forced to pay for insurance cause someone else is a crappy driver?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

hillbilly cretins

There's that love, tolerance and all inclusiveness. Let me leave this here for you. I'm sure you can sound out all the big words or get someone to help you.

Definition of bigot : a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: why4what
a reply to: carewemust

Insurers are pulling out of major markets, obamacare is dead in the water.

Insurers were the ones that wanted to make having insurance made mandatory and to have high financial punishments if not. They claimed the only way Obamacare was to be "affordable" was if *everyone* signed up.

The insurers got greedy. Like car insurance, if there is a choice, premiums are kept low due to competition. But with a government granted monopoly, insurers raised deductibles, cut coverage and raised premiums. It was cheaper for many to just pay the government fee than to pay $1200/month for family coverage with a 40% deductible. Whenever an insurer couldn't make a large enough profit, they pulled out, and those financial problems were transferred to the next insurer, who then increased their rates.

www.healthcare.gov...

"The fee is calculated 2 different ways – as a percentage of your household income, and per person. You’ll pay whichever is higher.

Percentage of income: 2.5% of household income
Maximum: Total yearly premium for the national average price of a Bronze plan sold through the Marketplace

Per person: $695 per adult, $347.50 per child under 18
Maximum: $2,085

Bronze plan: $282/month (Varies per city)
www.investors.com...

They tried slicing-and-dicing the coverage with Catastrophic, Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum plans, but everyone just shopped around for the most coverage with the lowest premiums.
Bronze 60%/40%, Silver 70%/30%, Gold 80%/20%, Platinum 90%/10%

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: why4what

Insurers are pulling out of major markets, obamacare is dead in the water.

Insurers were the ones that wanted to make having insurance made mandatory and to have high financial punishments if not. They claimed the only way Obamacare was to be "affordable" was if *everyone* signed up.

The insurers got greedy. Like car insurance, if there is a choice, premiums are kept low due to competition. But with a government granted monopoly, insurers raised deductibles, cut coverage and raised premiums. It was cheaper for many to just pay the government fee than to pay $1200/month for family coverage with a 40% deductible. Whenever an insurer couldn't make a large enough profit, they pulled out, and those financial problems were transferred to the next insurer, who then increased their rates.

www.healthcare.gov...

"The fee is calculated 2 different ways – as a percentage of your household income, and per person. You’ll pay whichever is higher.

Percentage of income: 2.5% of household income
Maximum: Total yearly premium for the national average price of a Bronze plan sold through the Marketplace

Per person: $695 per adult, $347.50 per child under 18
Maximum: $2,085

Bronze plan: $282/month (Varies per city)
www.investors.com...

They tried slicing-and-dicing the coverage with Catastrophic, Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum plans, but everyone just shopped around for the most coverage with the lowest premiums.
Bronze 60%/40%, Silver 70%/30%, Gold 80%/20%, Platinum 90%/10%

The government didnt grant monopolies they happened because GOP didnt allow subsidies and the medicare expansions to go through in many cases. This caused smaller companies to pull out as the things that were to help people pay were not in place. So they would not get reimbursed by the government. GOP sabotage is really killing it but people are blind to it for some reason.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

freedom is not being forced to buy something, or be fined or penalized.
they could keep obumacare if they want, just do away with the mandates.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Are you actually reading what I'm saying before you respond, or are you some kind of bot?

I made a simple statement about my experiences with people in 'real life' who have talked about it. Oh, and I mentioned how liberals lately are screaming bloody murder to anyone that want it squashed.

So then you turn around said 'blah see Trump's a LOSER'.

So then I pointed out that wasn't a response to what I said, but then overtly put what you did say into the context which I was speaking.

And then you turn around and repeated the same thing you said the first time only worded different.

Scanning the first page I dont even see anyone else talking about Trump's score sheet. You're not on topic with the OP, or what I said. Hell, the Op didn't even mention his name!

Type "HUMAN" if you're not a robot.

edit on 25-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

The reason Obama care is failing is due to Republican obstructionism.

After reclaiming the House, Republicans pledge not to fund the health care law. “We don’t have to defund it, we just don’t have to pass the funding for it,” then Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC) says. “The majority in the House can control the appropriation bills and we can just not include in those appropriation bills the funding for the implementation of ObamaCare. The president may fight us on it and it could be a very intense show down. But Republicans are in a position now to make sure no funding goes forward for Obamacare.” Watch it:

That was in 2010 so who are the terrorists now?

edit on 25-6-2017 by conscientiousobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Why should I be forced to pay for insurance cause someone else is a crappy driver?

This is enforced by the states, which I believe is constitutionally legal. The ACA mandate is federal, which isn't.

As far as the principle of forcing people to buy car insurance is concerned? I wonder what the stats are on uninsured driver incidents. I, to date, would be better off if I didn't have to buy it.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

not even the same thing.

auto insurance is all about covering part or all your liability if you ever have a crash. the myth that your paying for others that don't have or are a "crappy driver" was started by insurance companies to justify higher premiums.

accidents can and do happen, no matter how careful one is. just imagine if someone hit you or one of your family and was not insured or financially able to pay.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
There is nothing or no one stopping the republicans from full repeal. They are stopping themselves. I wonder why.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

What our friends here aren't able to see yet, is that the plan that's being supported is going to be far worse on American pocketbooks and far more detrimental than the individual mandate.

But they will see, personally, if it stands. The first couple of years will be propped up so the GOP doesn't lose their majority, and then the pain begins.

Kaiser has a good explanation and the CBO will score it soon.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I know most members of ATS are well read enough to not have to cite the source of this little tidbit. I'll just state that maybe a few more need to read it to see what's in it.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

There is an amendment process to acquire new powers and a simple majority vote is not that process. One would think that a "Constitutional Scholar" would both know and respect such a matter. But when the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court doesn't know the difference between between a tax and fine nor looks a couple bits above that quote for guidance...well, If you like your freedom, you can keep your freedom.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

In some states you just have to have "Bodily Injury to Others" coverage on your car. The car itself doesn't have to be covered at all.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
There is nothing or no one stopping the republicans from full repeal. They are stopping themselves. I wonder why.

Because the republicans are cowards and they want socialized medicine just as bad as the democrats.

It's their constituents that don't want it, so they have to pretend that they are getting rid of Obamacare when all they are doing is changing the name of the program.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Nice summation, StormCell. You're spot-on in many regards. But please know that the health insurance companies did not "get greedy". They started losing money immediately after the "metal" plans became mandatory. (Bronze/Silvier/Gold, etc..) You can't raise premiums high enough to compensate for the relatively few people who are extremely ill and want the highest priced, cutting-edge medical treatment available. (I'm sure you've heard about the teenager in Iowa who uses $1.1 million in medical care @ month?)

We're hearing a lot about companies leaving the ObamaCare market this year, but they started leaving in 2015. That's the year when the nations largest health insurer, United Healthcare, said screw it. That company's President didn't give in to pressure from the Obama administration to stay in the ObamaCare market, and lose money.

edit on 6/25/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Well if they can't get rid of Obama care maybe they can get rid of that other infringement on Americans' rights --- get rid of the requirement to have car insurance. That's bullcrap. Why should I be forced to pay for insurance cause someone else is a crappy driver?

What??? You're paying for when you're a crappy driver not them. That's why they pay insurance.

You pay for you. Which is why when you have a bad driving record or a sports car, etc. you pay more. It's about you not anyone else.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: jtma508

What??? You're paying for when you're a crappy driver not them. That's why they pay insurance.

You pay for you. Which is why when you have a bad driving record or a sports car, etc. you pay more. It's about you not anyone else.

If you look at your full-coverage auto insurance policy, you'll see that the most expensive parts are those relating to compensating other people for damage that you do to their property/body/loss of wages, etc.. (Unless you're driving a +$90,000 car. Then, your vehicle coverage may be just as expensive.)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

That's still paying for your side though. It's for damage you do to someone else. That's not paying for the other guy, that's paying for you.

Without insurance you'd be the one paying for all that damage.

It's for when you screw up not when someone else screws up.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: PistolPete
a reply to: PistolPete

I live in Pennsylvania.

My taxes pay for a lot of hillbilly cretins and their #holes to have kids that their Access Card pays for. The same cats that fly Confederate flags and slap Trump stickers on their trucks.

Exactly.

I pay taxes so that trashy white people living in low-income trailer parks around me can have SNAP and the ACA subsidies. These are the same people that have Trump stickers, signs, red hats, confederate flags, ect all over their yards.

It's a weird cognitive dissonant land they live in. On one hand they believe whatever State TV (Fox) tells them about "Obamacare" but finally get to have access to a doctor at little/no cost. They rail against minorities and foreigners taking their jobs and mooching off the same system they're mooching off of. It's OK for them though to sit at home and watch TV all day though.

Basically, if you're white and born here -- it's OK to use public programs, but you have to pretend to hate using them at the same time, or deny that you are even using them. On top of that, you have to hate anyone who isn't like you who uses them as well.

America is all kinds of messed up.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

That's still paying for your side though. It's for damage you do to someone else. That's not paying for the other guy, that's paying for you.

Without insurance you'd be the one paying for all that damage.

It's for when you screw up not when someone else screws up.

Yep..without "car" insurance, you'd be totally screwed if you damaged other lives or property. Actually the $100,000 that most people have built into their auto insurance is not enough money, if you think about it. That's why $1 Million Umbrella policies are being more popular.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join