It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right wing and Left wing terror threats... I'm pretty sick of it.

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Yes the terror in general, I'm sick of it...

But I'm actually referring to the partisan tit for tat bollocks that is rife on these boards the last week.

What do you gain from calling your opposition the bigger terror threat, exactly?
Is it just so you can rub it in someone's face and say "yours are worse than ours so neenerneener"...

Well that's about as childish as it gets.

I'm not gonna celebrate terror attacks committed by people who align with my views and I'm certainly not gonna rub it in your faces when someone of the opposition commits terror...

There is no benefit there for me.

So all this tit for tat, I'm mainly remembering the two threads we've had this week about terror statistics, and the sad partisans participating in the threads who seem to get a kick out of rubbing it in the oppositions face... whether left wing or right wing...

Here's a message for you people... Grow the hell up!!!

/rant

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'm keeping my eye on the independents.

They're a little too quiet..

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Its not just the USA.

Politics in the UK has increased in toxicity for everyone, particularly since the EU referendum. It seems you aren't even allowed to have an opinion any more.

Its an old cliche about the left wing and the right wing being on the same bird but being on one side or the other has turned into trench warfare.
All the labelling, name calling and actual violence is very bad for the population.

I'm convinced that it is being stoked up even more by someone/thing from outside our respective countries but I have no proof.

People are falling out and losing friends and even families are seeing increased tensions.

Its really doing no one any good.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Are we?

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

partisans....who seem to get a kick out of rubbing it in the oppositions face... whether left wing or right wing...

Imagine having a decades-long agenda where one of the primary goals was to cause massive social upheaval in America as part of a larger agenda to destroy her completely.

Imagine books written about this back in the 70's and 80s that got subsequently banned.

Imagine individuals bankrolling such efforts more and more so to ensure this 'divide' becomes even further fractured until everyone is the enemy and no-one trusts anyone.

That'd be a civilization ripe for the picking - ripe for dismantling and creating an entire new civilization based on an entirely new idea.

No too hard to image really - the evidence is all around us.

Real Eyes
Realise
Real Lies

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: underwerks

Are we?

I know you're plotting...

edit on 24-6-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

What's wrong with fighting?

There are fundamental differences that we will never agree on.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Erm, didn't you tell us all that you have no sympathy for Scalise being shot and that he deserved it because he didn't hold the policy views you do?

That doesn't sound like someone sick of terrorism or someone who "won't celebrate terror attacks committed by people who align with my views"

Or is this a new you?

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I also said that I'd have said that regardless of whether he was republican or democrat.

This is about partisan tit for tat "yours are worse than mine"...
Which I've never actually endorsed.

So you can address the topic or go back a week for a view that is irrelevant to this subject.

Your choice.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

What do you gain from calling your opposition the bigger terror threat, exactly?
Is it just so you can rub it in someone's face and say "yours are worse than ours so neenerneener"...

I'm really beginning to wonder if online "rewards systems" play a part.

On here, it's stars and flags. On Twitters it's likes and retweets. Facebook, likes. News comments sections, likes. Not sure about message boards because I don't go there.

I think that plays a very large part. Rewards and reaffirmations (confirmation bias) of one's belief system, but I could be wrong.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Erm, didn't you tell us all that you have no sympathy for Scalise being shot and that he deserved it because he didn't hold the policy views you do?

That doesn't sound like someone sick of terrorism or someone who "won't celebrate terror attacks committed by people who align with my views"

Or is this a new you?

I'd like to see that link if you have it handy.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

On here, it's stars and flags. On Twitters it's likes and retweets. Facebook, likes. News comments sections, likes. Not sure about message boards because I don't go there.

I think that plays a very large part. Rewards and reaffirmations (confirmation bias) of one's belief system, but I could be wrong.

You should start a thread on that concept and call it: "Star Whores & the apparent manipulation of low-information humans"

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

You should start a thread on that concept and call it: "Star Whores & the apparent manipulation of low-information humans"

I did.

It got very little stars and flags.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I did.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I did.

I'd give you a star for that, DB...but, now, I'm suddenly so ashamed.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Humility.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

I also said that I'd have said that regardless of whether he was republican or democrat.

This is about partisan tit for tat "yours are worse than mine"...
Which I've never actually endorsed.

So you can address the topic or go back a week for a view that is irrelevant to this subject.

Your choice.

Fact is you had no regard at all for Scalise because of his voting record. I think you even referred to "blood needing to flow" and "karma". Just seems quite odd that you would say you were sick of terror in your OP, when you were encouraging it before.

Don't get me wrong - it's a welcome change if you've understood you were wrong.
I look forward to the new you.
edit on 24/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: UKTruth

Or is this a new you?

I'd like to see that link if you have it handy.

It's in this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...
You'll need to read through...there are a few pretty extremists posts in there.
To be fair he doesn't wish death on people because they are right wing, but the notion that he is somehow sick of terror is now new as a week or so ago he was all for blood flowing when someone has a policy view he doesn't like and had no sympathy at all for Scalise.

But still, change in views away from that kind of extremism is a good thing.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
As an Independent Centrist, it doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I have come to not only "accept" it, but expect it.
edit on 24-6-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Yowzers!

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
You see yesterday I "justified", as you would put it, the shooting of Steve Scalise...
Based in his voting history and how he represents a danger to women who have been raped & impregnated...
No abortion exceptions for them according to him, even at the risk of death.

I could have dug further into his history, but really that was enough for me to not feel sympathy for his condition...
Or to wish him well in recovery...

My "justification" for that incident doesn't mean I'd attempt to justify the stupid bullsh*t antifa are doing, or Bernie Bros stabbing people on trains...

For me, there has to be a moral side to it...

And like I said, if someone who is supposed to represent all Americans, is a danger to a group of them...

The tree of liberty needs a bit of blood.

Voted YES on banning federal health coverage that includes abortion.

Congressional Summary
rohibits the expenditure of federal funds for any abortion.
Prohibits federal funds from being used for any health benefits coverage that includes coverage of abortion. (Currently, federal funds cannot be used for abortion services and health plans must keep federal funds segregated from any funds for abortion services.)
Disallows any tax benefits for amounts paid or incurred for an abortion.
Provides exceptions for pregnancies resulting from rape or incest; or life-endangering maternal condition.
www.ontheissues.org...

Maybe you misread that?

So then, you think its fair for people with religious beliefs against abortion to be forced to pay taxes for people to get abortions?

Can you not see any possible situations where it was you being taxed for something you're rabidly against?

Have you ever read detailed descriptions of how abortions are performed, how they play out, and the related risks? I never actually bothered to until a few months back. That was deeply disturbing. No wonder the one chick I was with that had had one before was a total basket case over it.

I do say to each their own of course. But what comes with that is people not being forced by a monolithic centralized government to take their money to pay for things and push agendas that people are mostly deeply at odds with. As such, "Consensual Taxation Only" is what we all need. That'd solve the bulk of every nations problems (especially for budgets, but also for these blasted Moral Emotional Wedge Issues).
edit on 25-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join