It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does the Far Right Hold a Near-Monopoly on Political Violence?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Why Does the Far Right Hold a Near-Monopoly on Political Violence?

They don't. But more to the point, it doesn't matter.

Political violence is wrong because violence is wrong. It's not okay if one side does it... it's not bad because one side does it... it's not good nor bad because it's political... it's neither good nor bad because of who is doing it or why they're doing it... it's wrong for everyone for any reason at any time.

Both "sides" have been violent and both "sides" make excuses for their violence, try to justify their violence, and try to deflect from their violence.

Neither side can claim the high road here.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I think your problem is that when you look at the left and the right, you only see two things.

link   
Damn, I get so pissed off when some left-wing rag uses that tweet from Rand Paul, especially if they are trying to convince people that it's inaccurate.

.@Judgenap: Why do we have a Second Amendment? It's not to shoot deer. It's to shoot at the government when it becomes tyrannical!

Because that actually IS the BIGGEST reason for the 2nd amendment, to ensure that The American People can defend themselves against a tyrannical or out of control government...

link   
Maybe in the USA, but not in Europe. Loads of threats and violence come from the left. Look at G20 summits. Entire cities are destroyed. If you dare to say something bad about anyone not 20 generations white in color, you are branded racist and threatened. The left, not even extreme left , has been exceedingly violent for the past decade.
In the Netherlands right now you are branded a racist if your hairstyle matches that of someone of color. All of it is enabled by MSM there, who are omnipotent. Right wing media are destroyed by threatening advertisers there, etc. The left is the violent part of society at this moment.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Bone75

As long as the overwhelming majority of black people continue to vote democrat and continue to turn our cities into war zones, you will continue to be wrong.

Your point is entirely irrelevant since were discussing political violence NOT street crime

Look at Jamaica, where drug dealers enforce their own "laws" and block the streets into their neighborhoods to keep the cops out, then tell me again that there is a difference.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Fake news they are minupulating the numbers. Sovereign Citizens movement is people that believe the government doesn't have the right to tax you. But this group is huge and covers Canada and even australia. But here's the rub they are including emounters where police die. OK but what they don't tell you is the police go to there try to arrest them. And they don't recognize the authority of the US government and defend thrmselves.

So counting every incident is misleading at best. And this still doesn't excuse the actions as its a poor attempt to deflect.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Many attacks that 'appear' from the right and are 'assumed' from the right and thus assigned are not...

Because of their immediate actions the label sticks, however over time a different story emerges; yet the assignation does not change.

E.g. (since this is been brought up recently) Jared Loughner

The left went as far (and is back visiting) Sarah Palin is/was to blame, still label it a 'Right Wing Event'

He was just sick and not right wing.

mg

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
There now, we can see clearly that the world is plagued with right-wing terrorism even above jihadi terrorism!

Yup you sure taught us rational thinking adults.
I wake up daily worrying about the radical conservatives in my midst...
Meanwhile the daily cross cultural enlightenment continues in the EU.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Uh...not quite.

Sovereign citizen clowns attack officers during traffic stops, make bogus calls to get the police to show up and then engage them in gun battles, and ambush officers doing nothing more than patrolling. They're not "defending" anything in those instances. When you attack somebody because of your political beliefs, you don't get a pass because you claim you're defending yourself, or don't recognize the authority of the government. It's still domestic terrorism.
edit on 24-6-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
One thing I've noticed is, any "violence"(which becomes necessary at times)..becomes automatically "right wing". Why is that? JFK wasn't shot by a Republican. Neither was MLK. Neither was Gifford. .. J. W. Booth wasn't either! Hell? It was the "Conservatives" that helped "free" the "slaves" in the U.S. .. If you don't know how to run a "monopoly"? You probably shouldn't be asking...What is far "right" to you? You been thier? Took pictures? Or does the "news/propaganda" define your "far right"? What "monopoly" are you referring to? Everyone that has ever shot a US. Pes. has been a "Democrat"... Just saying.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Already Debunked and proven false.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Link is from "The Nation", in their "Guns and Gun Control" category... and the OP mentions SPLC, which could only be described as a leftist extremist group (...hey, you gotta have something to sell after the Civil Rights Movement finally got the credibility it deserved... )

...and from there, we are talking the perception of .gov policy wonks, who think people that who support "The Rule of Law" and "Freedom" are terrorist groups... and deliberately associate racists and extremists with them to give it all credence.

Yeah... looks legit... LOL!

Edward Bernays would be proud...

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

They stay in their echo chamber-safe spaces where a constant dose of the young Turks, CNN, MSNBC, and other fake news networks keep them updated on the days triggers.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Humans can be _____.

ATS has gone insane with hatred against the left. These counter examples are just trying to illustrate that right wingers (all groups) have their own bad/crazy persons/groups. Narratives that come from echo chambers lead to very dark places.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Just from your thread title alone..dude we live in different versions of reality

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
You never heard of all the European left wing terrorists then? Pretty much everyone from the 70s on were left wing, from the RAF in Germany to the IRA in the UK

The IRA weren't a party of the left, nor of the right. Left/right was meaningless to them, they were Catholics killing Protestants.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
And after reading the OP,i can say:Are you bored? Because i am.Lets play a game.You find vid evidence of right on left violence,and i will post vids of left on right violence.Lets say,time limit the past 5 years.Or 10.It's early here.

Tag

You're it..
edit on 24-6-2017 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

originally posted by: SprocketUK
You never heard of all the European left wing terrorists then? Pretty much everyone from the 70s on were left wing, from the RAF in Germany to the IRA in the UK

The IRA weren't a party of the left, nor of the right. Left/right was meaningless to them, they were Catholics killing Protestants.

give me one single example of any IRA member or supporter voting right wing.

Then, when you can't, go and have a look at Sinn Feinn and ask yourself which side of the political spectrum this branch of the IRA fits into....

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

How in the world can you say the IRA and it's offshoots weren't politically motivated? They founded their own freaking political parties for christ's sake lol

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I don't care what lefties did in the 60's any more than I care what they did in the 80's.

I care about the here and now, and nobody needs a surver or stats to show who is the most violent in modern times. This is undeniable...

And the fact that this is undeniable is exactly why the OP is absurd and attempting to be deliberately deceptive, hence so few flags and mostly negative responses.

Well done, you unwittingly do the work of the right and they just sit back and lap it up. They don't need to be violent or even confrontational.

The left continually takes itself outside, kicks its own ass then walks off, to hatch an even worse plan of attack.

It's beautiful.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join