It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does the Far Right Hold a Near-Monopoly on Political Violence?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The Unibomber was a far left terrorist and so were these democrats.

But all non-muslims combined, right, middle and left, don't even come close to muslim terrorists per capita.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Shamrock6

That’s why we should denounce both sides.

The FAKE NEWS conservative media, since the shooting of those congress people, have been claiming the left is more violent.

Another thing to keep in mind, the left violence like the guy in Virginia is an act of a crazy lone guy, the right-wing violence is more organized and lethal overall.

This entire thread is based off of claims by the SPLC, which is a joke of an organization.

For example, it lists many tea party groups as hate,groups despite them never having attacked anyone, yet will name no blm groups as hate groups.

It also lists all white racism violence as right wing, but does not list minority racism as left wing violence.

Your claim here about left wing hate being lone nuts couldn't be further from the truth.

How many riots were there from the right when Obama won. Yet we see them with trump.

How many riots keep liberal speakers silent? What about blm riots?

The truth is all sides have lone nuts. In fact, I posted on here many times that I thought it was unfair to blame the Scalia's shooting on the left, it was just a lone but.

But you are blind if you can't see the violence that has been coming out of leftists groups lately.

Also, I find it funny how many of these threads have popped up lately.

Did the left hand out memos of lies to tell to belittle all of the violence coming from themselves?

Sounds like your nervous that people are starting to understand that much of the political violence we see comes from the ones screaming "tolerance and love" the loudest.
edit on 24-6-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Excellent post G. If I may suggest the addition of an adjective to your 4th from the last sentence. Edit to say WILLFULLY blind.

edit on 24-6-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Mmmmmm

Nom nom nom nom

Mindless propaganda for fools

Nom nom nom nom

Exactly - they get it spoon fed every time there needs to be a counter argument to the latest far left violence.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Oh, you mean I wasn't the only one that picked up on the double-speak of a thread titled "the right has a monopoly on political violence" being followed up with "we need to denounce it on both sides."

How weird.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Why does the left seem more prone to pedophilia? It's sick enough on it's own, but when it get's tied to a political ideology, it takes on a sickness of it's own. Who knows, I guess it's just the mindset.
edit on 24-6-2017 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The right is evil.

They step on cracks and damage matronly women's spines.

They randomly kill people.

They break windows at free speech rallies.

They shoot congressmen.

They stab tiny monkeys with those shrimp forks that are tiny but have long handles.

They make fun of people playing the harmonica.

They hurt feelings.

They don't send fruit baskets when sending a fruit basket would have been a nice gesture.

They don't actively listen when people are shouting at them.

They don't like paying for other people's stuff.

They take up two parking spaces when they go to Costco.

I say we kill them.

KILL THEN ALL!

DESTROY THE PLAGUE ON HUMANITY!

KILL THE RIGHT WINGERS!

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I think posts like this are why people in the middle can't take the left seriously and keep getting pushed further right

edit on 24-6-2017 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
These are statistics not identity politics.

Some people just don’t like the truth.

Its the police and objective stats that say the far rightwing are the most dangerous.

BTW the article says FAR right

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid

I think posts like this are why people in the middle can't take the left seriously and keep getting pushed further right

So people are now FAR right wingers Just because a leftwing journal quotes objective statistics that the far right have
committed more violent acts than the left-wing.

There little sense in that

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

You should just try to step out of that Reality Distortion Field for a while, my friend.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Which is more wrong? Stealing 5 bucks or 500?

Neither because stealing is wrong period.

Violence is wrong as well. Period.

What gets me is that people will make statements saying one side is worse than the other as if they hold the high ground when in appearance they are only minimizing what "their" side has done as if they are the better side.

Neither extreme is correct.

This back and forth is madness. Both sides have skeletons in their closet. I would wager the dead do not care of political alliances but would wish the violence would stop so nobody else would meet their fate. All this back and forth does is foment more hatred.

Again this is madness and insanity.

Turn off the TV and go outside and enjoy life... please!

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

........Until 2016 when liberals went insane, absurd, volitile and riotous.

Edit to add:
You, um, are the resistance...and so is Bernie sanders, Clinton, Soros, Hollywood, and sociology professors nation wide.

#let them effing die.

Craigslist ad:
Get paid top dollar this election to make a difference! 15 dollars an hour to protest Trump events in Chicago. Ex cons welcome! Contact Dick @ notDNCorClinton.org for details.

Bring your own Bernie T shirts. Bats and chains supplied at bus pickup.

edit on 6 24 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Huh?

Dont these guys count:

Red Brigades
Action Directe
First October
Red Army Faction
BaaderMeinhof

...to name a few.

European terrorism in the 70's was pretty much exclusively "Left Wing" or "Marxist".

The extremes on both ends of the political spectrum - Left and Right - are where the most odious, evil and violent reside. But the "Left" is historically proven to be just as awful as the "Right".

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Look, my friend, I want you to understand that this is in no way a personal attack. Honestly.

It's just typically disingenuous to say that the far right has anything even RESEMBLING a near-monopoly on political violence. Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

Using the term "monopoly" would seem to imply that the "Far Right" (a term that is in itself a bit vague) almost exclusively commits political violence to almost the complete exclusion of any other group.

I find it extremely difficult to believe that YOU actually believe that. Any 6-year-old kid with one eye and half sense can easily see that it's not true. Honestly, it just looks like an even more desperate attempt to just throw some kind of regressive left-wing nonsense against the wall, and just hope something sticks, and it seems to be some kind of last-ditch SOP for the left lately.

I understand how frustrated, desperate, and pissed off the left is, because your feelings are hurt, but come ON!

I know for the left-wingers it seems like your world is falling apart, and that's because it actually is. Especially since the "Russia" thing is falling apart. I apologize for the fact that the world is not turning your way, but hey, that's a GOOD thing. But... A "Near-Monopoly"? Wow, that's just... kinda sad.

Do you really have a solid grasp on the meaning of the word "Monopoly"?

monopoly
məˈnäpəlē/
------------
noun
noun: monopoly; plural noun: monopolies; noun: Monopoly
1. the exclusive possession or control of the supply or trade in a commodity or service.
2. a board game in which players engage in simulated property and financial dealings using imitation money. It was invented in the US and the name was coined by Charles Darrow c. 1935.

As I stated above, I don't mean this as a personal attack, but lately it seems almost like you guys live in a completely different reality than regular people.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
More of the same binary brainwashed thinking which has turned this country into a zoo.

Nothing in your post, your supposed 'stats that are like, totally true and stuff', or your use of the world MONOPOLY, does anything but perpetuate the idea that the only other people in this country, the left, are confused and unhinged.

I personally am neither right nor left. Being on the outside means I can see just how badly the brainwashing is happening right now. There is a third dimension you can go into, and it favors neither side. Most people avoid it, because it has things like logic and common sense to guide it.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

That's some serious pretzel logic going on in that piece.

Imagine if every time a black guy nearly kills a white guy it would go on 'The List of Radical Left Wing Terror Over the Last 40 Years'.

The title is most telling: clear and present bias. To go back 40 years in order to rationalize away the current decade of 500:1 violence of the left vs EVERYBODY that disagrees with them.

BLM isn't even mentioned.

Interesting 'why we have the 2nd amendment' etc talking points. What Rand Paul was talking about was The Government Itself, not taking out your political opponents.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Interesting 'why we have the 2nd amendment' etc talking points. What Rand Paul was talking about was The Government Itself, not taking out your political opponents.

Yup. That's exactly right. What really blows my mind is the number of Americans, especially the younger demographic, that do not know this.

How in the world can someone even debate the 2nd amendment, on EITHER side, pro or con, if they are unaware of such a simple, but crucial piece of information?

Doesn't it make you uneasy when you begin to think about all the other very important facts that they probably/possibly don't know or understand? It does me.

I wonder just how many Americans are that ignorant, and still vote.

I don't know if it's still true today, but for a lot of years weren't immigrants required to pass a general history/civics exam as one of the requirements to become a citizen? I've often wondered if it might not be a good thing to require citizens to pass a similar exam before they are able to vote. At the very least it might result in a higher percentage of voters having a better knowledge of U.S. history, and how it relates to whatever issues happen to be important at the time, and that couldn't be a bad thing.

I know the Left would probably be against it, because as most people are aware, the vast majority of ignorant and/or stupid people vote democratic.

Yes, I meant that last sentence as a joke...

Well, mostly.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

The Unibomber was a far left terrorist and so were these democrats.

Are you sure? I've never contemplated what his 'partisan' position would be.

He did have a lot of radical ideas, and amongst them was tearing down technology before it wipes us all out.

Hmmm.....

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Those damn right wingers!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join