It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the world movie: These Final Hours. A little depressing, but VERY good. Also on Netflix.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
I ll check it out, usually have good luck with movie recommendations here on ATS. One thing Ive noticed with me lately, I can only enjoy certain types of movies at certain times. Got stuck on The Road and stopped watching it lol my mind wasn't right yet I know I will like it if I'm in the right frame of mind lol. Sometimes I just want to watch something funny, then other times a drama, or an action movie. Hell sometimes its even more specific than that lol, like I want to watch a 1980's sci fi drama movie that has dragons and little people. Sometimes i get sick of an actor or actress and wont watch any movie they are in for awhile. Yea I know its weird.... been one of those years.

The Road is not an easy watch. It is bleak, dark and depressing and can leave you emotionally drained after. Having to watch a scene where they discovered a newborn baby roasted on a spit can do that to you.

But it pulls no punches, doesn't glamorous itself and the cast is without exception excellent throughout. But yes, definitely a movie you need to be in the right mood for.

The single most depressing movie once ever watched with the possible exception of Threads and The Day After. Nonetheless it's amazing.

These Final Hours was ok at best, the young girl being the exception, she was excellent.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr
a reply to: kurthall

Watched it about half a year ago, very underwhelmed.

The Road to me was a million times better with a much biggest emotional impact.

'Totally agree. There is not a single "dooms day" movie I've seen over the decades that is better than The Road.

It is as real as it gets when it comes to the end of civilization as we know it. There is no grand hero standing bravely as the devastating blast wave approaches. It is on Netflix also. As for this movie, it more or less an action flick.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Ah, yes. I watched this a while back. It's pretty decent. I didn't think I would like it at first, but it's actually quite good...

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Will have to check it out. I have found Australian movies to be quite entertaining.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

I'll get around to watching it again... Cause I do like movies like that most of the time, that explore how it would really be. Timing was poor, my Dad had just passed away from a long hard fought bout with cancer. Think the Day After is what got me interested in the genre.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
By the way, we watched this movie the other night. I liked the concept, and I didn't regret spending my time watching it, however I will say this

***SPOILER ALERT****

I was waiting for those bad-ass end of the world post 2000 visual effects..... which didn't come until the very end and even then, eh I thought Jurassic Park 2 looked more convincing.... & What was the deal with a lot of the movie revolving around a young girl being constantly preyed upon while the main character blows off his last chances to make amends with his mother in order to appease the final hours of a little girl? Seemed unrealistic to me. Nice, selfless, heroic, but unrealistic. The movie definitely kept me in a state of stress until it ended.

****SPOILER ALERT END*****

Thanks again for sharing!

-Alee

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Thanks for the review, otherwise I just spend the evening flipping through titles over and over trying to find something worth watching. ATS has alwas been good in that respect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join