It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul: Insurance should be available for $1 a day

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The Insurance companies make "all the money". So says Rand Paul. He wants insurance to cost $1 for "some" consumers.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) slammed Senate Republicans' healthcare overhaul bill on Friday, saying that it's grounded in "propping up" insurance companies.

He also called for the creation of a healthcare law that would reduce insurance costs to as little as $1 a day for at least some consumers.

"What I'd like to do is legalize inexpensive insurance, and you should be able to get insurance for $1 a day. I mean, you really should," Paul said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe." "The insurance companies make all the money; all of this is predicated upon still propping up the insurance companies."
thehill.com...

Paul says the insurance companies are getting bailed out because of Obama care's subsidies. Paul wants to repeal the ACA and I guess let some people buy insurance for $1. And then he goes into some BS about cars....

Paul said Friday that the Senate bill failed to address ObamaCare's subsidies to insurance companies, arguing that it continues a trend of "bailing out" insurers.

"I want the bill to look more like a repeal bill. I promised people I was going to repeal it; I didn't promise people that I was going to replace it with a federal program of bailing out insurance companies," he said.

"I mean, we could do this for cars," he added. "New cars are expensive. We could have a car stabilization fund."

And this guy could have been president???? Has he ever seen a medical bill? There is a reason med insurance is high-hospitals are very expensive- in the US their charges are #1 in the world.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

He said $1 a day. Sounds good to me.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

(he is lying)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: MOMof3

(he is lying)

Or just delusional.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Both.

The repubs have absolutely no plan and their pockets are jammed full of lobbyist money, just like the dems.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Why we don't have basic government healthcare for people that cannot afford healthcare is beyond me. I know there are people that will moan and complain. But it really is the best way to go.

We can spend over a billion dollars per day on our military. But when it comes to people we can't afford it? GTFOOH!

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I will not say that Paul is correct, but if the insurance companies (and not replaced by another entity... the government) were cut out of the picture, I do believe that the prices for healthcare by the care providers would drop.
Would they drop to a dollar a day?
No.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

And this guy could have been president????

Better than the retard you have now or Hillary.
edit on 23-6-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Well, he is a doctor. So I think it's a safe bet that he knows a lot more about these things than you do.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Rand paul is a doctor. If he says it can be done and has a plan for how to accomplish it, i would like to see it.

Anyone who claims it cannot be done needs to refute the details of his plan or you are just promoting partisan bickering. Let's discuss the details before you throw poop at the crowd.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=22384106]grey580[/

Either we pay for it outright. Or we pay for it in higher costs.

There ain't nothing free.

Now the cost is a concern, and the US is #1 in COST. #1.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Here is a link to the proposed bill. It took about 13 seconds to find it. www.paul.senate.gov...

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Isn't this the same shot that Obama said. But he was cool, he said it will not cost more than a cell phone plan.
Obama lied and his idiot supporters bought into it.

Now we have a new set of lying politicians that want to extend this piss poor medical system that is far too expensive for another couple of years.

It's all about the money-and Congress will not have to use this system-LET THEM EAT CAKE.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Why we don't have basic government healthcare for people that cannot afford healthcare is beyond me. I know there are people that will moan and complain. But it really is the best way to go.

We can spend over a billion dollars per day on our military. But when it comes to people we can't afford it? GTFOOH!

America's government already spends more per capita than any other country on healthcare, they just give the money to corrupt vampiric insurance corporations.

It'd be much cheaper to do away with the insurance industry and institute nation-wide universal healthcare.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Disagree, if he thinks insurance will be a dollar a day he is dumber than he looks.

Perhaps even dumber than O for saying that health insurance would be the cost of a cell phone plan.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
What a croc of s%$t!

My dad was in the hospitals icu for 14 days being monitored. They didnt do much but keep an eye on his vitals.
The bill came to $95,000.
Divide that by 365, or $1 a day per year.
That's 260 plus a bit.

260 people paying $1 a day broke even with a two week hospital bill.

The problem as I've pointed out before is not the cost of insurance, it's the cost of the healthcare.
Fix the expense problem, then work on insurance.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

Disagree, if he thinks insurance will be a dollar a day he is dumber than he looks.

Perhaps even dumber than O for saying that health insurance would be the cost of a cell phone plan.

Th reason Healthcare is so expensive in the USA is because of insurance companys are willing to let hospitals overcharge them and play the system.

Because the inurance companys make insane amounts of money hopsitals overcharge them because they know they can.

You pay the most for healthcare for some of the worst outcomes.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Opinions vary.

Being a Dr does not mean you are a financial genius.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

But the media keeps telling us that is poison. Maybe the media and the medical system have a deal?

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Hurray,

Another bill that seemly doesn't change a damn thing.

did you catch this little sweet heart in the bill? If this doesn't make your spidee scenes tingle, then you are not paying attention.

Trust Reform for Healthcare

Provides an exemption from Federal antitrust laws for
health care professionals engaged in
negotiations with a health plan regarding
the terms of a
contract under which the professionals
provide health care items or services

edit on 23-6-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join