It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We didn't start the fire 2017; POST YOUR LYRICS 2001-2017

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

After listening to this song I can't help but think

Who can "write" the best "new lyrics"

2001-2017

Seems quite easy and any pathway is acceptable

This needs to be an open thread with all ideas accepted

I want to hear your best ATS!

Even if we did start it, your words speak volumes!
Mods please move to appropriate forum

Harry Truman, Doris Day, Red China, Johnnie Ray South Pacific, Walter Winchell, Joe DiMaggio Joe McCarthy, Richard Nixon, Studebaker, television North Korea, South Korea, Marilyn Monroe Rosenbergs, H-bomb, Sugar Ray, Panmunjom Brando, "The King and I" and "The Catcher in the Rye" Eisenhower, vaccine, England's got a new queen Marciano, Liberace, Santayana goodbye We didn't start the fire It was always burning Since the world's been turning We didn't start the fire No we didn't light it But we tried to fight it Joseph Stalin, Malenkov, Nasser and Prokofiev Rockefeller, Campanella, Communist Bloc Roy Cohn, Juan Peron, Toscanini, Dacron Dien Bien Phu falls,

edit on Thu Jun 22 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Templated

Harry Truman, Doris Day, Red China, Johnnie Ray South Pacific, Walter Winchell, Joe DiMaggio

Joe McCarthy, Richard Nixon, Studebaker, television North Korea, South Korea, Marilyn Monroe

Rosenbergs, H-bomb, Sugar Ray, Panmunjom Brando, "The King and I" and "The Catcher in the Rye"

Eisenhower, vaccine, England's got a new queen Marciano, Liberace, Santayana goodbye

We didn't start the fire It was always burning Since the world's been turning We didn't start the fire No we didn't light it But we tried to fight it

Joseph Stalin, Malenkov, Nasser and Prokofiev Rockefeller, Campanella, Communist Bloc

Roy Cohn, Juan Peron, Toscanini, Dacron Dien Bien Phu falls, "Rock Around the Clock"

edit on Thu Jun 22 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

Cool idea!

I have no talent for music, but I'll be interested to see what ATS comes up with.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Good song and thread! Im only good with making new lyrics of sarcasm, think Weird Al. lol

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

MSM conglomeration, Democrat Republican they're all the World Wrestling Federation in the Capital of Sin.

America the pirate ship, even the hipsters think its hip. Proxy wars and media whores, from shiny shores to ghetto stores.

Bunker buster daisy cutter exploding clusters, depleted uranium, cranium, getting away with deploying white phosphorus, the new benchmark of prosperous.

New World Order tearing down borders, factory teleporter, wages suffer, some people stave and the rest are hoarders.

We didn't start the fire It was always burning Since the world's been turning We didn't start the fire No we didn't light it But we tried to fight it

Bling bling, pipe dream, at the top theres no cream. Ghetto blasters gang turf spray paint chrome bullets and gasoline.

Cops the robbers, with black helicopters tear gas rubber bullets kevlar flash bangs all for the biggest gang.

Monopoly mergers, rise in murders, War On Drugs, steal our nugs, all this bad news reporters smile and hug.

Social justice, they want to punch us. Facebook Twitter HuffPo BuzzFeed all snowflakes, nuttier than fruit cakes. Hollywood celebrities, get on your knees, suck on deez.

Whites as jews, open season, mass riots, random shootings, mob violence, you must agree or else you're censored fake news.

Press core, attention whores, social media censoring different views, CBS NBC ABC CNN Fows News your couches are church pews.

Smart phones make us stupid, we're in love like they're cupid. Self driving cars, machine automation say goodbye to our nation.

Big brother, you're a number, biometric bank freeze, check points papers please, its too late might as well celebrate NSA's surveillance state,

Political whores, race bait, gender wars, self hate, big pharm, Left Right both wrong, mass harm, child thongs, pretzel logic, human slaves, water toxic, mass graves, shooting sprees, spirit cooking, on your knees, future not good looking I can't take it anymore!

We didn't start the fire It was always burning Since the world's been turning We didn't start the fire But when we are gone Will it still burn on, and on, and on, and on

edit on 22-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

OP you cant very well start a challenge and not submit one yourself...

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Alright you lazies. Here's my 2nd 'had some beers in me' draft.

The original song is interesting, and creative. It breaks slightly from the cookie cutter '3Step Bridge' format that 97% of the songs on the radio are deployed religiously, and his lyrics style breaks quite a bit from the typical nursery rhymes style that's too typical.

In this edit I like to think I it closer to the design. And it sounds better phonetically than my first quick & dirty single pass impromtu version.

If only I could hear to heavy metal style:

We Didn't Start The Fire - Alt/Alt Edition:

News conglomerations, crooked moderation, a wrestling federation, endless economic castration. Democrat, Republican, their pockets fat, the little people never win.

America the pirate ship, even hipsters think its hip. Proxy wars and media whores, from shiny shores to ghetto stores.

Bunker buster daisy cutter bursting clusters, war promoted by hucksters. Evil game, all in your name, what a shame, you'll get all the blame.

New World Order, nothing tougher, smashing borders, no buffer, job deporter, wages suffer, some starve, the rest are hoarders.

Bling bling, pipe dream, to the top rises no new cream. Ghetto blasters, gang turf, spray paint, chrome bullets, glass bottles filled with gasoline.

Cops the robbers, tear gas, black helicopters, bust your ass. Choke hold, baton, no hope, whach ya on. Rubber bullets, can you hold it, flash bangs, for the biggest gang.

Mega mergers, rise in murders, War On Drugs, steal our nugs, all this bad news reporters smile and hug.

Social justice, they want to punch us. Facebook Twitter, cuss her out they'll say you hit her. HuffPo, BuzzFeed, if you're white no go, they'll make you bleed. These snowflakes, nuttier than fruit cakes. Hollywood celebrities, get on your knees, suck on deez.

Whites as jews, against them hate crimes, good news. Open season, mass riots, lacking reason, random shootings, mob violence, you must agree or else you're fake news.

Press core, BS, attention whores, NBC ABC CNN Fox News CBS, no more. Mainstream censors different views, your couches are church pews.

Smart phones make us stupid, we're in love like they're cupid. Self driving cars, machine automation say goodbye to our nation.

Big brother, you're a number, biometric bank freeze, check points papers please, its too late might as well celebrate NSA's surveillance state.

Political whores, race bait, gender wars, self hate, big pharm, Left Right both wrong, mass harm, child thongs, robot drones, not cool, surveillance phones, you're a fool, pretzel logic, human slaves, water toxic, mass graves, shooting sprees, spirit cooking, on your knees, future not good looking, I can't take it anymore!

We didn't start the fire It was always burning Since the world's been turning We didn't start the fire But when we are gone Will it still burn on, and on, and on, and on

edit on 23-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Well done!

Its a bit early for me to get creative, maybe I'll take a shot at this later.

Thanks for sharing

Respectfully,
~meathead

top topics

join