It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Jesus was a Woman.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   
LOL, i know this isn't really logical, but what if it was covered up because they didn't want us knowing that the savior was actually a woman. What if that was a main reason why the Jews didn't believe because it was a woman? Is there any evidence that Jesus was a woman. What about John laying on Jesus' stomach at the table? I dont believe this to be the case, but im just wondering, What if?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
So to add this to the other Jesus conspiracy theories, that would mean Jesus and Mary Magdalene were married lesbians? Please...

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   
There might be more female priests and bishops if it had been known for hundreds of years by everyone, Maybe Mary was a Marice.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
1. It was not culturally acceptable by ANY standard for a woman to have rule a man in either Jewish or early Christian. (Heck, MOST of the cultures of the timeperiod.)
2. It would throw so many of Christ's (or the apostles's) teachings about how the church is supposed to respond to Christ in total chaos.
3. The humiliation of dying on the cross would have exposed this. (Come on, what self respecting man would see a half naked woman and not SEE a woman?)
4. It goes against prophecy, so it wouldn't have been fufilled.

Now, having said this, I'll entertain his for a moment: some out there DO seriousyl question this. Christ has only one BLOOD parent, and her name is Mary. Women don't have the genetics to create males. (Basically, it is GENETICALLY SOUND doctorine to teach that woman came from man, not man from woman.)

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
LOL, i know this isn't really logical, but what if it was covered up because they didn't want us knowing that the savior was actually a woman.

Well that would explain why Jesus was so sensitive and nurturing.. [definently not a male trait] and why most of the images of him make him look more like a bearded woman.

[I can hear them gathering the rocks right now...]

[edit on 6-2-2005 by riley]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Not so....if it were so, much of the MODERN mediterrainian culture would would be considered effiminate. Italian men hug, cry, kiss eachother....it's all culture.

I've known effimante me all my life...who were completely male, lol...
And at time Christ was "cruel".

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
True.. but it is culture that has mediterrainian hug etc. it is learnt behaviour.. they do not seem that sensitive or nurturing compared to females.. and if you really want to bring up the affectionate italian stereotype.. watch the Godfather series. They are always kissing eachother.

Testosterone has a huge influence on how men behave.. when their brains are soaked with it they spend half the time picking fights and the other half trying to pick up so I'm guessing Christ's temprement probably wasn't suited for arm wresteling.

[edit on 6-2-2005 by riley]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It really shouldn't matter if Jesus was a man or woman, black or white, ripped or a weakling (I think he was ripped, tho..He scared a bunch of people away from their money with a rope)

What matters is His message of Salvation. Who cares what He looked like? He had a message for us from God, and saved us from ourselves! How great is our God!

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
For the most part, no it shouldn't matter....except that the scriptures we have of him harped on his being male, with gender related responsibility, in a gender specific culture.

It's hard to be a carpenter and to not be...ripped.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Especially then, when they used 6 by 8s instead of two by fours and didn't have cranes or (dang, niacin is kicking in and is driving me nuts under this cast...)other mechanized tools to aid in construction.

EDIT: I agree, though, with the gender roles aspect you speak of.

[edit on 2-6-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I didn't expect less of you.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
LOL, i know this isn't really logical, but what if it was covered up because they didn't want us knowing that the savior was actually a woman. What if that was a main reason why the Jews didn't believe because it was a woman? Is there any evidence that Jesus was a woman. What about John laying on Jesus' stomach at the table? I dont believe this to be the case, but im just wondering, What if?

There are woman who where sainted for being teachers despite the law man writen or otherwise that say woman cant be part of the church , more than likely these are mans laws , but Jesus is factually a man both in the bible and history, however the point of celebicy is greatly contested right now as some think he took a wife while here on earth , and that his wife was one of the sainted who taught the word of God despite the law, However I dont know nor have proof whether he was actually married or not because some parts of his life in the bible where not covered at all, So the bigger question is was he married and was his wife a teacher of the word, not if Jesus was a woman.

new topics

top topics

join