It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian defense minister's plane buzzed by NATO jet over the Baltic Sea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The footage of the incident was filmed from a plane carrying Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu and shows his plane being shadowed by a NATO F-16 , the NATO plane is then intercepted by Sukhoi-27.

NATO said it had tracked three Russian aircraft over the Baltic on Wednesday, including two fighter jets which it said did not respond to air traffic control or requests to identify themselves.

"As is standard practice whenever unknown aircraft approach NATO air space, NATO and national air forces took to the sky to monitor these flights," a NATO official said.

"When NATO aircraft intercept a plane they identify it visually, maintaining a safe distance at all times. Once complete, NATO jets break away," the official said.

Russian politicians called the episode the latest in a string of "provocations," a day after the Russian defense ministry said an RC-135 U.S. reconnaissance plane had swerved dangerously near a Russian fighter jet over the Baltic and that another RC-135 had been intercepted
www.reuters.com...

Just like the old days.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

He wasn't "buzzed". It was a standard intercept and identify mission.

As for the claims of the RC-135 being aggressive towards the Su-27, don't make me laugh.
edit on 6/21/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Buzzed came from the link I used shadowed , who said anything about aggression ?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Was that Rivet Joint?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The press's idea of "Buzzing" is vastly different than mine.

Hanging out in a wide, parade formation is NOT buzzing. Buzzing is passing in front so the other guy feels the thump from your jet wash.

Sheesh.

edit on 21-6-2017 by cosmania because: Added pic

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

top topics

join