It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats delaying testimony of Carter Page

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Well we know that Carter Page is one of the central people accused of colluding with Russia. And we have also heard from Democrats that they want a thorough investigation that is done quickly to get to the truth of the matter.

So it may surprise you to know that the democrats are delaying the testimony of Carter Page.

House Democrats are continuing to block testimony from about a dozen witnesses who sought to appear before the intelligence oversight panel investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Congressional officials said one of the key witnesses, former informal adviser to the Trump campaign Carter Page, was scheduled to testify at a closed hearing of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.

freebeacon.com...

What could possibly be the reason for this. The doemcrats claim they need more time, but this is ridiculous. Why can't they let him go on the record, the call him back if more information comes to light?

Remember the threads and outrage about how sessions was not going to testify under the appropriations committee? "What does he have to hide? Is he now going to not testify publicly? What is he trying to hide?"

Well what are the Democrats holding this up for?

Maybe this has something to do with it.

Schiff was not asked about why witnesses have not appeared before the panel but said the committee is "far closer to the beginning of the investigation than we are to the end"—suggesting Democrats plan to draw out the probe for many months.

There is the answer! The Democrats don't want the issue to be resolved. They want this to drag on as long as possible, so that it can be a cloud over the administration. If they were really on concerned about solving our election integrity, they would want all of the rlevant people to testify as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, lets not forget Page, Manafort, and Stone all claim they are eager to testify.

t seems odd the accused are eager to testify under oath, but the accuser are dragging out the process as long as possible.

Just like with the DNC refusal to let the FBI investigate their server, this is yet another example of what we all knew, the democrats aren't interested in making sure elections are secure, they are interested in political gamesmanship.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

So I want as quick a resolution to this as everyone else, but I also want to know if anything illegal took place.

The gop is in control of the house, how can the dems delay testimony of someone to a committee? Doesn't the gop set the agenda for the committees as they have the majority?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Already posted

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Already posted

Thanks, mods please delete.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Said it in the other thread and I will say it again.

Don't you find it funny that everyone was yelling investigate until the investigation begins? Then it's the democrats grinding everything to a halt?

Hmmm, what are you afraid we will see?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
From your source:

"In support of that forthcoming appearance, I have recently been in contact with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, Special Counsel Robert Mueller, and other Justice Department officials regarding the multiple outstanding requests for immediate release of the illegitimate FISA warrants that were allegedly filed by the Obama Administration against me in 2016," Page said in the May 22 letter. He was referring to Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court warrants reportedly issued

Page is not pulling any punches.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

The wheels of justice move very slowly.

I'd rather they move slow and get things right either guilty or not guilty than to do things quick and mess up.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Seems that the Democrats would want to get this stuff out. I guess they want more fake news time to make it look worse for Trump and the Republicans. If this whole Russia thing gets tossed out and Trump's team gets cleared, the Democrats would have lost a lot of credibility. They will never be able to apply for an impeachment hearing if people stop believing in them.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

The Democrats are afraid of being humiliated again. All these leaks have amounted to is 0 credible evidence against anyone accused of the crime they supposedly committed lol. All the supposed evidence against Sessions has been debunked.
edit on 21-6-2017 by Xianb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

If Trump can fire Comey and Mueller the dems are allowed to block testimony. KARMA for all you "obamadidit" snowflakes who can dish it out but don't want to eat. Conservatives are spoiled children, foolish sheep herded by a freakishly tall oompa loompa. I'd laugh right in your face if I had the chance.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Isn't that obstruction of justice?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Your SOURCE is connected to a SUPERPAC...

"Center for American Freedom".

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

The Dem's are obstructing justice!

We need a special prosecutor!
edit on 21-6-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

This thread should close.

But to answer you, what would you prefer, one of the super main stram media sources that lie 24/7 about Trump.

But fine, I will be sure to call out your hypocrisy every time you link to a biased source.

You know, like your thread with a source from the super liberal time magazine saying Russians bla bla bla.

Or your thread about Trump eo on pharmaceuticals from an opinion piece citing an opinion piece from the NYT, which even comey admits lies.

Perhaps you should focus on what your own sources are before criticizing others.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Your article suggests that this is a democrat investigation.
It is also pretty slated pro trump.
And it sites officials close to investigation.

See it's ok if it's pro trump.
Only the anti trump articles ( aka the real news) are called into question.
You're not fooling anyone.
Unbalanced .

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I had to chuckle at the comment that only anti-Trump articles are real news (wow does the Commie News Network have you fooled).

Anyway, back on topic...almost seems we need to start a "Free Carter Page" movement so he can get in front of Congress and the public and spill the beans. No doubt in my mind the only time you prevent someone from testifying is when YOU'RE the one hiding something...

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: onemoreface

Your post makes no sense. They can delay it, but if they think there was wrongdoing and want to find it why would they?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: DanteGaland

This thread should close.

But to answer you, what would you prefer, one of the super main stram media sources that lie 24/7 about Trump.

But fine, I will be sure to call out your hypocrisy every time you link to a biased source.

You know, like your thread with a source from the super liberal time magazine saying Russians bla bla bla.

Or your thread about Trump eo on pharmaceuticals from an opinion piece citing an opinion piece from the NYT, which even comey admits lies.

Perhaps you should focus on what your own sources are before criticizing others.

WEE! I have a FANCLUB member! You remember my greatest hits.

I honestly can't remember anything you author or post. LOL

TIME is pretty reputable as a source bro. Seriously...
edit on 22-6-2017 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join