It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Bezos is Using The Washington Post to Protect the CIA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
A few years ago, there was a big showdown of the Amazon Web Serices, a subsidiary of Amazon, against IBM, Big blue, over a half a billion-dollar cloud contract the CIA was presenting for sale to the best offer. Amazon got the contract from the CIA but big blue protested went to court and lost to Amazon.
LINK

Turns out that when WIKIleaks leaked that the CIA had the capacity to hack dam near anything, even your car, sending panic all over the world, it was the Washington Post who published many articles downplaying the CIA attributes of hacking, assuring the public that everything is all right, go ahead and enjoy your iphones, tablets and computerized fast cars.

Moreover, guess who owns the WAPO and of course Amazon Web Services…Why none other than Jeff Bezos!

Also, let it be known that the WAPO, known by insiders to be the CIA gazette, has sent out an army of reporters to get Trump!

Connect the dots folks

What you have to understand is that when you serve the almighty CIA you get rewarded.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
LINKY

Last week, WikiLeaks dumped “Vault 7” – a trove of documents and software from the CIA’s Center for Cyber Intelligence. I’m sure you heard of the iPhone hacks, the CIA turning your TV into a spy device, and even efforts to pin hacking operations on the Russians. What may not be as well known is that the CIA has a well-respected news outlet on their side.

While we were shocked at the CIA capabilities and the fact that it all leaked, one media outlet attempted to calm our collective fears. The Washington Post put out articles showing that your car really isn’t at risk of being hacked, that Apple already patched their software, that Obama’s cyber officials had watched over the CIA’s processes carefully, that your encrypted data is still safe, and that the real villains here are WikiLeaks and of course the Russians.

Those stories should put me at ease. Thinking that my phone or tv, or as KellyAnne Conway thinks – my microwave, would be spying on me is a scary thought. But, thanks to the Washington Post, my trust in the CIA should be restored.

One dirty hand washes the other. Look to Bezos being rewarded amply in future endeavors

OH...Just the other day he brought WHOLE FOODS for just 13 bil

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Were not done baby...

Funny enough, Amazon software is also used to run The Washington Post. It is worth mentioning that The Washington Post was hacked in 2013 and 2015 by a group of hackers known as the Syrian Electronic Army.

It is also important to note that in 2016 elections, the Washington Post made sure to continually blame the Russians, with certainty, for the leaks of the John Podesta-DNC emails. But, that is because the DNC leaks showed an all-too-cozy relationship between Washington Post reporters and Podesta. Reporters would ask the Clinton campaign advisor for guidance on stories or give him a heads up when something troubling may be published. But, you didn’t read about those items in the Post. Instead they aimed their stories on the Russians. They painted a picture of a nefarious effort to undermine Podesta and highlighted Podesta’s call for investigations into the hacking. Podesta even wrote an opinion piece about the failings of the FBI in the Russian hacking matter. Of course, earlier this year, John Podesta was announced as a Washington Post columnist.

But, here’s another little tidbit – the DNC used a company called CrowdStrike for digital security. CrowdStrike relies on – you guessed it, Amazon Web Services for critical security components. Look, the WikiLeak hacks of the CIA or the DNC or the Syrian hackers efforts on the Washington Post may not have ANYTHING to do with the fact that they all run on Amazon’s cloud servers – but that connection certainly wouldn’t look good.

LINKLINK

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Washington Post is one of the most blatant pieces of deep state propaganda that one could find.

Given that they hired Podesta, they are also in the business of protecting sick individuals that have been exposed for all to see.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
trofire.com...

Amazon now has contracts with the CIA, Healthcare.gov, NASA, the FDA and a host of other government agencies. They use those deals as a massive selling point for their software. So, Amazon has a TON to lose if the public lost trust in THEIR systems, rather than the public blaming Cold War super villain Russia. What better way to deflect the blame than use one of the most powerful media outlets in the country? Especially one that sits in the same city as our nation’s capital, where Amazon is using massive lobbying power to gain favorable tax breaks and secure more government contracts.

Now, of course, The Washington Post’s official stance is that Jeff Bezos and Amazon have NO editorial power over the Post. But, last May the Post’s own legendary reporter Bob Woodward said that Bezos directed the Post’s staff on how they should cover the candidates in the 2016 election. So, we KNOW that Bezos meddles in the affairs on the Washington Post and directs reporters to cover stories a certain way.

Whether it is fawning over establishment Democrats or singing the praises of the CIA’s efforts – Bezos’ fingerprints are ALL over the publication

Is Bezos the new Rockefeller?

What's he going to buy next? I bet he buys a bank

edit on 20-6-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
He always wanted to be a Bond Villain when he grew up. I'm thinking his next purchase will be a white lap cat. S&F amigo,

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

When you are aligned with Chase, why the need to open a bank. All the rewards, none of the risk.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Something like that. He's only 5 billion behind Bill Gates now. Que in Bill Gates conspiracies. With the purchase of Whole Foods he may quickly surpass that.

Might as well invest in gas, that'd hurt his opposition more. Amazon marts and gas stations.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
S&F anyone who can not see the blatant propaganda spewed by the networks and some news papers is living a very sheltered uninformed life.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Washington Post is one of the most blatant pieces of deep state propaganda that one could find.

Scum all of them. NYT as well.

So much greed and evil and they seem to always win. You all know it's about control.

I don't read their rags, stop reading their properganda many years ago, thanks to the internet that technology exposed them for what they really are.

edit on 20-6-2017 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Turns out that when WIKIleaks leaked that the CIA had the capacity to hack dam near anything, even your car, ...

Does this mean I can file a Freedom of Information request to have the CIA send me my car's computer trouble codes? I hate to buy another OBD2 scanner.

Seriously, though, good thread

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
He always wanted to be a Bond Villain when he grew up. I'm thinking his next purchase will be a white lap cat. S&F amigo,

Great job Gut...Perfect description of what Bezos is or becoming

Only problem, we don't have a James Bond!

no where is sight...

edit on 20-6-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Bezos is also CEO of Amazon. Last year after Trump said Amazon had major tax and antitrust issues that need to be looked into, this happened.

Washington Post assigns army of 20 to dig into 'every phase' of Trump's life

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

no where is sight...

Yeah...danggit!! However, they say the pen is mightier than the sword, so keep up the good work 009!!

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Typical. WaPo has always been the an ultimate "Deep State" propaganda outlet.

Eleven Years On: How ‘The Washington Post’ Helped Give Us the Iraq War
In the months before the war, The Washington Post ran more than 140 stories on its front page promoting the war.

“We are inevitably the mouthpiece for whatever administration is in power.“ —Karen DeYoung (WaPo Reporter)

Of course typical the past several decades, until maybe Trump, the POTUS have all been CIA henchmen.

That the MSM came out so hard against Trump would certainly give the aura of him being otherwise.
edit on 20-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

no where is sight...

Yeah...danggit!! However, they say the pen is mightier than the sword, so keep up the good work 009!!

Is that what they say?

Well then, I suppose that is the truth, yet in the end we may need some real time KNOWLEDGE

Which is mightier than the sword and the pen and anything else they got

top topics

join