It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RNC Voter Database Security Hole...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

U.S. data released last week says that America has crossed another milestone. More than 50% of homes no longer have a landline phone.

www.theverge.com...

You'd be joining a growing trend by getting rid of yours, DawnStar. We're on the Don't Call list too, and it seems to work well. Only a few telemarketer calls per month. Wife wants to keep the landline in case there's a catastrophe that brings down the cell towers. I tell her if it's that bad, we're all doomed! (But she's a schoolteacher.. nuff said.)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Before you post anything, I'm in the UK so your experience may differ.

I've not done it for years anyway. It was in my punk rock days when we thought we were "givin' it to the man...man".
In all likelihood it will end up in the dead post room now. It'll just sit unattended til someone clears out.

Just don't give it a return address....unless....well, you could include a fake return address and get two people and the postman really annoyed!

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I recently got a cell phone,...... only gave one person my phone number... and he hasn't called me..
and I get calls on it...
most of the time, it's turned off unused.
there's only two things I can think it's good for, one is walmart now has it where you can order your groceries online and they will gather your stuff for you and bring it out to your car for you... even load it in... and well, in case my car breaks down. I like my landline and it's not a pay by minute deal..

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

my problem is that there is always a chance it might be a call that I want to pick up, so I go for the phone, lost of walking, which hurts!!
We're on the do not call list, I can ask them not to call, and they will still call the next day...
I'm about ready to inform all those who have a reason to know my phone number, social security, dmv, banks, ect that I've decided to pull my phone because of these stupid calls and also start writing my representatives telling them the same danged thing!! I do not pay that kind of money just to be harassed like this!!!

The problem with the do not call list is that by adding your number to it, you've confirmed you have a live phone number. Simply by accessing that list telemarketers have a database of numbers that they know are good, and the DNC is pretty much impossible to enforce.

There's a similar issue with email spam. By opting out of a spammers emails, you've confirmed to them that you not only opened the email, but that you looked it over for the opt out, then you went to the opt out, and gave them an email address that is now confirmed to have gotten through spam filters, and was at least opened, in turn giving them a good address to sell to others and give you even more spam.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

After living in a couple of other countries, I came to really appreciate how efficient and flexible the U.S. Postal Service is...or maybe...WAS. I really don't utilize them much any more.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: DanteGaland

Change the title to HRC or DNC.

A data analytics contractor employed by the Republican National Committee (RNC) left databases containing information on nearly 200 million potential voters exposed to the internet without security, allowing anyone who knew where to look to download it without a password.

Re: Hillary employee , bought and paid for by the DNC.
Yeah , it fits.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join