It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conversation Help Please!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I'm going to ask this Girl out for lunch, i've known her for some time now. But I don't know what else to talk to her about? Its always the same conversation every day and its gets hella boring.

So my question is could some one help me with conversation pointers? I would really appreciate it.

- Thanks.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Ask her about herself...brothers, sisters, what type of music she listens too, what type of books she likes to read, where she works, that kinda thing. Then find a common point to talk about. If you both like the same type of music, talk about that, then if you go out a bit more, ask her to a concert or something.

Try and stay away from focusing on yourself too much. If she looks uninterested, change the subject and go for something...better.

Umm...get good food!

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   
The Pisky agrees with dreamlandmafia 100%

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Well like I said before I know the girl already about her family and what type of things she likes.

But What I should of asked what else is their to talk about other then what you stated Dreamlandmafia?

I found This website that has pointers but are these really good things to talk about?

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I'm going to say she probably feels the same way you do...

Look kid, your either interesting or your not...

Your not, so the relationship won't last long (surprise me if it does)

good luck.

And if you can't find anything to talk about maybe your not that interested in her, if I was interested in someone i'd be asking them alotta questions about their person, what they believe, ect...

from then on, you build on that, learn what you have in common, ect...

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well....There's a difference between a comfortable and an uncomfortable silence - and chances are, either you will both recognize which one it is and someone will choose to react to it....or you'll realize that there's just not enough interest between the two of you to continue....

It's like battleship man....You may get one of your little ships blown outta the water, but there's still plenty more in your fleet...hehe

Not that I'm harping on your potential to screw things up.....Just run with it - Don't THINK about what to ask her before you go out or it will sound rehearsed....

Let her know she looks beautiful today....Use her name alot when you're talking to her....Go see a movie with her, then you'll have 2 hours worth of something you just shared together to talk about....

[edit on 2/7/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
Let her know she looks beautiful today....Use her name alot when you're talking to her....Go see a movie with her, then you'll have 2 hours worth of something you just shared together to talk about....

Why can't my husband do any of that?!

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
Why can't my husband do any of that?!

Well.....does he smoke pot?

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
of course there's something to talk about...

S E X

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
of course there's something to talk about...

S E X

Oh no, She's a virgin and I don't want to bring that up.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Nice pun.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
lol....she's a virgin and you don't want to bring that up? hmmm....hate to be the one to tell ya this but sooner or later someone is going to bring it up and she wont be a virgin anymore...if it were me i'd ask her about it...makes for great conversation...lol....like why is it you want to save yourself is it relion what not....could be interesting...lol.
as for myself i've got a date with my ex girlfriend of 6 years tonight it's the first time in like 6 months we are going to get together at my place and watch a movie.....so i can tell you this....if you already know her...then ask how her family is....what they did this past weekend...if they watched the super bowl...who she was rooting for....theres just an endless amount you can talk about....if your really interested in her....do some research about what she likes and show some effort here kiddo!
HoundDog

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I have read all of these comments and they are all very good if you like this girl do not be shy.Just sit down with her and ask her something like how are you feeling and if she answers good say like I'm glad to hear you are good something along those lines and if she is not good and if she is sad you could try to comfort her but anyway you can ask a lot of questions ask her what she does not like and what she does like and does not like and after all of that ask her out to lunch try it man you dont need help you just gotta believe in yourself.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
look grey fox...just cut to the chase....."hey cuteness,were struggling for things to say here lets just cut the conversation and make like rabbits back at your place.....it wont be quiet because you will be screaming my name!"

you see simple....God im good!.......(yeah ok fett)

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I find if you compliment a women on her looks and clothing etc she tends to feel more confident about herself and starts to loosen up and talks about anything.

Ive always found drink helps the tongue ( now now.....) .

The best thing is dont try to hard just go with the flow dont think to hard about what to say..............

And good luck..

new topics

top topics

join