It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half of Americans don’t know where chocolate milk comes from

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Actually my then young nephew born in NYC didn't make the connection between the chicken in the supermarket and one walking around until it was explained to him while visiting a farm for the first time, he was incredulous ..still give him hell for that one, now he is in his late teens..

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Everyone should know this.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I have to call BS.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

the chocolate is just an ingredient added to the milk to enchance it.

sounds like that's exactly what his six year old said in a in a six year old's manner.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

No one I know is this stupid.
Thankfully.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Funnny about that strawberry syrup. I love it on vanilla ice cream but not in milk.
I convinced this girl from Italy that the faucets in my kitchen gave chocolate milk when I was pretty young. Like eight or nine. I was looking to impress her with the wonders of America. She had just moved to New York hardly spoke any English.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Fake news. Everyone knows chocolate milk comes from the rear most udder of any animal with udders! It's science!

That's "udderly" ridiculous!

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

We learn those things in the city too.
Many schools have gardens for teaching kids about growing food and I know my own kids know where all their food comes from.
I don't believe those figures either.
The only family member who may be confused is the cat and even she knows the refrigerator is where we keep our giant dead birds.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Kids are right, chocolate milk comes from the store.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
You just know that a few members of ATS have read this and felt very embarrassed all of a sudden

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Well, I'd have to call BS on that study because where I live, which is a major agricultural area, everyone knows where food comes from.

You'd be surprised. Similar research among urbanized societies round the world has shown similar results.

The UK , for example.

I have heard of similar results -- with much higher numbers -- from studies in places like Hong Kong and Singapore. Can't be bothered googling them though.

By the way, Mojo, it's a bit surprising to see you into the 'I'm typical' fallacy. Our personal experience is not always common to others, as you know .

edit on 17/6/17 by Astyanax because: 😆

(post by rockintitz removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I learned once that all the old milk or "buy before this date", 1%, 2%, Lowfat, whole etc...are all mixed together with cocoa to make choco milk.

This saves $$ for the dairy goods suppliers without junking the past-date and unsold products they would otherwise throw out.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Brown Cows...duh

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Some studie just got trolled i think if u asked me such a stupid question id troll u also

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
How many of us here completed this survey? I sure didn't. How could they possibly know this unless they actually surveyed an equally representative sample population? 1,000 people over age 18 does not represent the hundreds of millions of people here
fail RT.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
i like chocolate milk

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Okay clever clogs, so we all know milk comes from a cow

But where does the chocolate come from?

A fruit? Vegetable? Nut? Animal? Factory?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I thought it came from black cows.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

I blame this 80's commercial! Everytime I watched it I craved chocolate milk!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join