It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half of Americans don’t know where chocolate milk comes from

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

More than 48 percent of Americans aren’t sure where chocolate milk comes from – and seven percent are convinced it comes from brown cows, according to a new survey.

"Right now, we're conditioned to think that if you need food, you go to the store. Nothing in our educational framework teaches kids where food comes from before that point."

In the 90s, a study by the Department of Agriculture found nearly one-in-five adults didn’t know what hamburgers are made of.

Source

It might sound crazy, but when I think about it I can actually believe it. There are people in the U.S. who don't know what cows are or what hamburgers are made of, so I'm not surprised that some people have no idea where milk comes from, let alone chocolate milk. And this isn't even just the US - studies have shown that a significant percentage of adults in the UK doesn't know that eggs come from chickens, for example.
How can we expect people to have an understanding of healthy eating when so many of them don't even know what food is?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I'll take a stab...

Chocolate cows?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
How Now Brown Cow..

I thought everyone knew this..

link   
a reply to: trollz

Fake news. Everyone knows chocolate milk comes from the rear most udder of any animal with udders! It's science!

link   
I thought this was a joke thread when I read it. holy cow!

link   

huh??? most of the chocolate milk I drank as a kid was a mixture of chocolate syrup and milk..
I just can't imagine someone believing that there are cows that actually managed to produce chocolate....

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

What?

I was told it comes from chocolate cows?

See, we learn something new every day.
edit on 16-6-2017 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
It comes from those pinto cows.

One nipple has white milk.

One nipple has brown milk.

You mix it.

Ta da chocolate milk. Duh.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

lol.... we lived next to a dairy farm's pasture, we often had cows wandering down our road, they would all gather under the neighbors apple tree and eat the rotten apples, end up getting drunk...
believe me, if there were any chocolate cows, us kids wouldn't have been herding them back home!! chocolate easter bunnies, heck, that chocolate cow would have lasted us a year!!!

edit on 16-6-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Does this mean strawberry milk doesn't come from red cows?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Brown chicken brown cow

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Well, I'd have to call BS on that study because where I live, which is a major agricultural area, everyone knows where food comes from. We have major agricultural programs in schools here that teach all that stuff. In high school if you take ag. you actually can raise your own animals like sheep or a cow or pig and then sell it off at the auction for money. You buy the feed, learn to raise it, all that stuff.

That survey and study must have only taken place in cities or something, I'm not sure how else to explain it. But they certainly didn't survey anyone from places where food is actually grown or raised if those are the results they got. Next time they should try going outside major cities.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Chcolate cows. Duh.

Its amazing how the masses are getting dumber in the information age, when information on everything is right at your fingertips. Not that the masses were ever that bright.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Well, that unnatural product comes from the dairy companies. It has red seaweed in it most times and they usually take out the natural fat in it that could have good properties to it.

I actually remember when chocolate milk tasted good, back when I was a third of my age, in my teens. Kids now probably don't even know what good chocolate milk tastes like

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

I bet if you google chocolate milk you could find a credible link to back up an arguement that it comes from brown cows. Thats whats wrong with the internet, you can validate most anything and confirm your confirmation bias, no matter how wrong it really is.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It comes from the store.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Possibly the reason they are finding lead in some of the baby food. Just to induce low IQ citizens.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

and, I am remembering all the cartoons that had chickens, and the eggs they laid.....
sorry, I just can't imaging anyone above the age of five not knowing something so basic...

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I'm not at all surprised. People in America are shockingly stupid when it comes to knowing where their food comes from. When I worked in the food industry more than half of my coworkers were convinced that eggs are dairy products...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join