It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's Military says it may have Killed IS Leader Baghdadi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   
The strike happened in May and targeted a meeting of the IS military council being held in Raqqa

Russia's Defense Ministry said on Friday it was checking information that a Russian air strike near the Syrian city of Raqqa may have killed Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in late May.

The air strike was launched after the Russian forces in Syria received intelligence that a meeting of Islamic State leaders was being planned, the ministry said in a statement posted on its Facebook page.

"On May 28, after drones were used to confirm the information on the place and time of the meeting of IS leaders, between 00:35 and 00:45, Russian air forces launched a strike on the command point where the leaders were located," the statement said.

"According to the information which is now being checked via various channels, also present at the meeting was Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, who was eliminated as a result of the strike," the ministry said.
www.reuters.com...

If true this is good news indeed and a body blow for Daesh , Bye Bye bad guy.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Thanks the Lord for the Russians getting stuck into the Middle East again. Without them Christianity would have been just about eradicated from much of its ancient homeland.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

The USA and Russia need to become friends not enemies.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Ohh, we should just call him bin laden 2.0 on account he was probably just the next file in a pile of assets to create the "I come to liberate you in peace aaarrrGGHHH!!!!" invasion rationale. Fortunately, I think he will be the last one that just keeps forcing us to come and liberate peoples lands for humanitarian reasons, you know. At least for another generation anyway.

But the US will be back baby, with Bin Ladin 3.0, the Return of the Soros Sith, and Iranian Kurds demanding to join their homeland! WOW, the Greater ###### Project is going along well, really is playing the long con huh? I wonder if these aholes are already like three hundred years old with all the extremely advanced technology/magic/miracles they use their gold for??

The key to miracles and magic has always been gold. Now it is all in the East, how sad

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Hope they're right.

Isn't this the guy they've reportedly killed already?
I know they can't always be certain in the confusion of war and not always sure who was where but its good news if correct.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: capncrunch88

Absogodamnlutely
The two most advanced superpowers who control an unbelievably massive territory between them with all its economy and natural resourses joing together? Unstoppable, totally unstoppable, the whole world could get properly sorted out. Then a concentration on using their background in space exploration to further the Human reach into the Csmos rather than trying to outflank each other in destructive proxy wars down here.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

How many times is this guy going to die?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Third times the charm ?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I suppose.

Are you familiar with the Negan meme?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
This guy obviously has 9 lives because he was pronounced dead at least once or twice last year alone.
Who is al-Baghdadi anyway ?
Osama would occasionally make an video tape however there is only one recording of al- Baghdadi giving a speech wearing a gold Rolex watch.
Isis was found of making recordings of beheadings in HD, you would think a leader of ruthless terrorist organisation would love to send a message or two to the "infidels" in HD quality. But hey, what do I know ?!
edit on 16-6-2017 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Absogodamnlutely
The two most advanced superpowers who control an unbelievably massive territory between them with all its economy and natural resourses joing together? Unstoppable, totally unstoppable, the whole world could get properly sorted out. Then a concentration on using their background in space exploration to further the Human reach into the Csmos rather than trying to outflank each other in destructive proxy wars down here.

Makes me wonder sometimes they cooperate on the space station and such but can't get along in other arenas. Those stupid sanctions are costing hundreds of billions they need to be lifted. Russia is NOT giving Crimea back, nor do the people there want to go back to being part of the Ukraine.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I'm guessing we are probably better friends than people think. Both sides just keeping up the facades to keep us busy running in circles with the usual rhetoric.

Even Nostradamus said we would become friends at some point after some uniting factor which escapes me at the moment.

As far as on topic if it hasn't been true up till now, fingers crossed it is true now. My news is actually talking about now as I write so maybe it is true. Ops they just said they are still waiting for confirmation. Sigh...

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I highly doubt the CIA would let their asset be eliminated. It's simple, the USA and Israel need ISIS in order to destabilize the region. Once they topple the current governments they implant favorable leaders and reap profits from oil and gas to fund their black projects and proxy wars. You watch, six months from now this same story will pop up.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
So if this guys really smoked isn't Danesh done I mean he was their chosen one and only through he ages guy wasn't he blood line and all?? So nobody can just step in and take the next hit can they. These goat bangers never keep their word.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

How many times is this guy going to die?

Lol!

First thought that popped into my head too.

Wow, he must be one bad mother! People keep killing him and he keeps coming back !!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: capncrunch88

We can't sell our Nissan's or JCB's there mate, the Russian's love them and were selling like hot cakes before the crazy barriers went up, it's killing much of our manufacturing here in the UK. I reckon this Superpower competition over the decades it's all over oil, too many of the power players in both countries are up to their chins in the black gold.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
The old one was an unverified Iraqi claim that did not go big, and the other was only a week ago. Some people may simply be getting confused with other regional IS faction leaders like Mosul or Iraq or Aleppo leaders and such. But he has been wounded once before from a strike, and his allegations of death are as of now at only like three which were never reported by anyone serious.

In neither time was it being claimed by the Russians or Reuters it seems. Either way, this is about as believable as Obama having gotten Bin Laden, as neither men actually existed except as characters from a clever commercial.

I like how Reuters is all "of they said it not us" in case its wrong. How cute.

a reply to: jafo1973
He has been critically injured twice, killed three times, and poisoned by an assassin. This guy is clearly Chuck Norris.
edit on 6-16-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
The two most advanced superpowers

Try not to over-egg Russia. They ain't no superpower. Economy smaller than South Korea and defence spending dwarfed by NATO, or European countries, of just the US.

Russia is NOT giving Crimea back, nor do the people there want to go back to being part of the Ukraine.

That's because Russia has removed the indigenous population. There are no Ukrainians left in Crimea. Very sad.

To the OP. He has been wounded before and there have been several reports of his death. While his death is welcomed we need to be sure it actually happened.
edit on 16/6/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
bag daddy is gonna be like osma, he be reported dead or killed many times and well never see a picture of his dead body.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Try not to over-egg Russia. They ain't no superpower.

Do you wear a t-shirt with USA on it? Russia not a superpower? Get real Russia is THE BIGGEST country on Planet Earth with all those resources USA can only dream of and USA has plenty. Russia has a global political reach added to which its military is capable of taking out anywhere on Plnet earth within a moments notice only matched by the US arsenal. It's industry is under pressure from terrible sanctions but it is still there. It isn't over run with US troops and bases yet, it still can look after itself without bowing down to his lordship the USA and giving up its freedom to Ronald McDonald and corporate America. Hey I love the States but give Russia some respect please, it is a superpower..................

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join