It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do Masons hold the necronomicon?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by duff beer dragon
Sitchin reads Sumerian,

Sitchin does not read sumerian tho, he takes translation

are you claiming that one of the other very few people who actually can read that language,

I think most scholars of the sumerian language would disagree that 'very few' people can read it. And, since its been brought up, the people that can actually read sumerian don't agree with his translations at all.

Cug

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

There are, however, quite a few grimoires that inspired Lovecraft to invent the Necronomicon. The most famous are the Clavicula Solomos (Greater Key of Solomon) and Lemegeton (Lesser Key of Solomon). These manuscripts are authentic, and are in the British Museum; they have been translated into English, and are available in occult books stores.

Crowley himself translated a part of the Lemegeton commonly called the Goetia.

Actually Crowley did not translate the Goetia, he was the Editor. He did write the introduction to it. Mathers was the one who translated it.

Good description of the O.T.O.
fyi the XI degree is no longer recognized.

[edit on 9-2-2005 by Cug]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
thanks for all the input guys. I'm still stuck on Crowley's fascination with practicing magic in the desert. I guess I should write Jimmy Page & get his input too

I will leave this one with my favorite Crowley quote: " I believe that truth is not only stranger than fiction, but more interesting. And I have no motive for deception, because I don't give a damn for the whole human race --- "you're nothing but a pack of cards." I couldnt have said it better myself

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Do you really think you know what he was doing in the desert?

Do you know what it was about the desert that fascinated him? It was the death. Deserts are placed where MASS DEATH occurred in the past, and Crowley believed to be channelling the knowledge from these sights.

Not disputing that, just whether I would praise such a location.

Cug

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
Do you really think you know what he was doing in the desert?

Do you know what it was about the desert that fascinated him? It was the death. Deserts are placed where MASS DEATH occurred in the past, and Crowley believed to be channelling the knowledge from these sights.

Not disputing that, just whether I would praise such a location.

Well I can tell you're not all that informed about Crowley.

Crowley really didn't have any fascination with the desert itself. He was just an outdoorsman an adventurer even. He climbed mountains (He was part of the first and second attempt on K2, and still holds some records all these years later), he walked across China (OK he had a ton of porters and probably rode a mule most of the time.. just like any other proper English gentelman
) and of course traveled by foot from North African desert to the southwest of Algiers.

As for what he was doing in the desert on the way to Algiers... he was doing magical rituals and having sex with Victor Neuburg.

[edit on 14-2-2005 by Cug]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

you and your ilk - those same evil telepathic hive minds of deciet spreading - are so way off that there is no way you could ever possibly be more off.

Wha? I said 'sitchin does read sumerian and most people that do disagree with him' and because of that I am part of an 'ilk'?

The Bible agrees with Sitchin

So? how does that make him read sumerian or make his interpretations more correct?

and you think that the Annunaki are actually your creators and that you are the Chosen, and that the Annunaki are all black giants that come in pairs. You guys don't like Sitchin because he is Jewish

WTF are you talking about? Why are you referencing other threads here that you started? I didn't even now sitchin was jewish until right now. Heck, I used to think, years ago, that sitchin was a woman! I couldn't care less on either account! Does sitchin or does sitchin not read sumerian? Is it from transliterated sumerian or does he read the actual cuneiform? I shouldn't even ask, shouldn't even give the benefit of the doubt, because everyone who was ever given me an answer on this has said that sitchin can't, infact, read sumerian.

And, again, the sumerian scholars who can read it don't agree with his 'translation' or interpretation. Not that meaning, the actual translation of the words.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   

this stuff here, and you think that the Annunaki are actually your creators and that you are the Chosen, and that the Annunaki are all black giants that come in pairs. You guys don't like Sitchin because he is Jewish and because his books tell the truth about your religion / cult.

All I know is that I don't like Sitchin because he is a bigoted boor, who has the research capability of a maggot! Other than that, if he were polite I wouldn't mind having him over for dinner some evening

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
i researched nibiru, and there is plenty of evidence to support its existance - plenty of evidence in no way related to zach stichin.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
"Nygdan

Mood:
Member is offline.

ATS Points: 28122

Ignore this user (info)
ignore

Vote for this user (info)
way above

posted on 8-2-2005 at 07:13 Post Number: 1154017 (post id: 1175910) quote
quote: Originally posted by duff beer dragon
Sitchin reads Sumerian,

Sitchin does not read sumerian tho, he takes translation

quote: are you claiming that one of the other very few people who actually can read that language,

I think most scholars of the sumerian language would disagree that 'very few' people can read it. And, since its been brought up, the people that can actually read sumerian don't agree with his translations at all."

What "most scholars"? How many first-degrees are there in the whole entire world that you can even take any Sumerian? You're mad. You don't even know what you have written in your own posts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join