It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'A number of fatalities' confirmed as huge blaze 'sparked by a faulty FRIDGE' engulfs 27-storey buil

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You are talking about kicking the Tories out already? We have just had an election, for goodness sake. Your horse lost.

And you are shouting in capitals, again.

Have you been to the pub by any chance? Not that I would be jealous or anything.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

No.

I have been working all day. I note that you did not try to detract from the points I made about the issues, the lack of speed with regard to fixing the housing problem, the lack of pace in ensuring that everyone was safe and secure and properly cared for in the aftermath of this clusterbang.

Very sensible too. There IS no effective or valid argument against those points. It would have been decent of you to acknowledge that at least, rather than having a pop at me for having passion for the subject though.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Calm down.

You seem to assume that I have arguments with everything you say. In fact, I don't which is why I have not argued with you about every point that you have made.

Sorry if you thought I was having a pop at you.

And do stop SHOUTING!

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Are they seriously saying the fridge "exploded" ? How can something like that even happen, outside of a cartoon?

The "23 hours ago" time stamp is probably just a glitch, due to the fire starting around midnight. It's not like 9/11, where they were reporting the collapse of WTC7, and you could see that tower still standing in the background.

While my fridge didn't explode it was making strange sounds and the side felt hot when touched. I told mgmt and they sent maintenance guys out to figure the problem. Said the ice box was the problem and tried to fix it. Honestly, I was worried and asked them to replace it. No such luck.

The day my mom died I came home to a very hot smell and water all over my kitchen floor because the fridge finally died.

It was replaced, of course, but I was lucky that it was nothing worse than a flooded kitchen.

My heartfelt prayers go out to the family of the victims. Those towering inferno pics are truly frightening.

edit on 19-6-2017 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Police have today confirmed that a missing family of five who were thought to have died in the Grenfell Tower fire which killed at least 79 people are alive and well.

It is believed they are the Khudair family, who have three adult daughters, and who came to Britain for a better life after fleeing the war in Syria.

The family lived roughly halfway up the tower block and were reported missing by Catherine Lindsay, an adult language tutor who was teaching them English.

Daily Mail

Where had they been, obviously somewhere without a TV or other media source.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: dam00

Some good news at least.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dam00
Police have today confirmed that a missing family of five who were thought to have died in the Grenfell Tower fire which killed at least 79 people are alive and well.

It is believed they are the Khudair family, who have three adult daughters, and who came to Britain for a better life after fleeing the war in Syria.

The family lived roughly halfway up the tower block and were reported missing by Catherine Lindsay, an adult language tutor who was teaching them English.

Daily Mail

Where had they been, obviously somewhere without a TV or other media source.

Are you implying something nefarious may be going on with this family?

I still wouldn't rule out arson, quite honestly. Apparently, the tenant from the apartment in which the fire started had his bags backed and was ready to flee before informing anyone of the fire. That's rather odd behavior, to say the least.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join