It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

telepathic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
today i went through a drive-threw to order a milkshake... i asked for a milkshake, so i went on to say what kind, then in my mind i was thinking of what size to order, i was just about to say medium, and she said it!, liek she knew what i was gonna say? I was just like... okkkk. could have this been her telepathic abilities?

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It may have been her telepathic abilities but then again maybe she takes so many orders she just become a good judge of what people are going to want.

I think it’s probably the later but then if you think about it in a job like that it would be a handy skill to have. Save a lot of time. But then you’re always going to get those that change their mind right at the very last moment just as you’ve opened your mouth.

Telepathy is quite common. People connect telepathically without even knowing through the collective conscious, other people can be more direct.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I used to work in fast food. When you are in a hurry you suggest sizes and flavors so people wont have to take time to decide.

One time I was working at the front counter. This guy was 16-17 and he approached me to order. I already knew what he was going to order because I was watching his eyes. So before he opened his mouth I asked if he wanted the number 5 combo.
The guy was amazed. He even said "hey you are psychic."
He paid for his order with his debit card. When I swiped the card I looked at the name on the card. I passed it back to him and he was still talking about how I knew his order.
Then I said " I bet I can tell you your name also." He totally didn't know what to think when I told him his name was John.
I would never let him go on thinking I read his mind so I told him how I knew all theses things.
It was fun

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I have found the exact opposite experience in many visits to fast food restaurants. I believe many of the people working there must be close to being brain dead. I repeat no mayonnaise, no onions, or just a plain hamburger with lettuce, tomato, and ketchup. My order is often wrong at multiple restaurants. I even repeat the message slowly since some of their brains seem to comprehend better at a much slower pace. One time I could even see my order on an lcd screen. Did they have it printed correctly? NO, they printed the order as No tomato, No onions, No lettuce. I think they must hire some of the most unskilled workers to take orders here in the South. The job typically doesn't pay well, so I'm not too surprised at the level of competence I see. I usually have to remember to repeat the order slowly and then repeat it again. Unless I feel lucky. One time I ordered two junior hamburgers with just ketchup. Guess what I got? Two junior or possibly even single hamburgers with bacon, lettuce, tomato, ketchup and cheese. Go figure. I'm certainly not a believer that telepaths are working in fast food restaurants.

[edit on 5-2-2005 by orionthehunter]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Strangely enough. The other day i went to get kebab, i walked in and said in a clear voice " 2 donar kebab's and chips please mate", simple enough request you would think. What reply did i get, " you want meat and chips". Sadly, that was almost enough for me to blow as when i get hungry... but i remained calm and explained i wanted donar kebab and chips, there was no problem when it came to the chilli sauce. Then when he started with the chips he says, "salt n vinegar on chips" i reply "no thanks". What do you think he did? So after he had done another portion of chips i left and enjoyed my most favourite take out.

Having decided with the misses that it was a damn good kebab [regardless of the service] we decided to go again the following week. This time i was determined and used every telepathic skill i had to get my order across, accompanied by my vocal request and it went pretty smoothly, but he almost forgot the chilli sauce. Of course it may have been that he simply remembered me from the previous week. Who knows?

Originally posted by orionthehunter
II'm certainly not a believer that telepaths are working in fast food restaurants.

True, it might not have been a case of telepathic fast food workers, but might have been a case of thought projection from epiphany?

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well when I go to fast food places sometimes they suggest stuff (like what Umbrax said), and I think they sometimes say "medium?" instead of asking which size.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
On second thought, maybe fast food workers and I are using telepathy all the time. When I order a drink, I often don't say the size and the fast food workers often don't ask. They just give me whatever they feel like (medium or large). That sounds scary now doesn't it.

top topics

join