It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump blocks one of the largest US Veterans groups on Twitter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Yes, he's blocked people before. This is a new action and it's directed against a large Veterans' group.

Here's their Twitter announcement. Note that it's followed by other veterans and veteran groups mentioning that they've been blocked.

Votevets blocked from viewing and following Trump's Twitter

Since Trump has declared that his Twitter feed is the "official word", his action is very much against the "open government" movement and against US policy. If he put out his official presidential statements on the Presidential account that was set up for him, then yes, blocking people from his private account is no problem.

He's talked about what a friend he is to Veterans, but he isn't interested in listening. Not all the VoteVets group were against him, but his move has changed that for some.

There is a HuffPo article about this which is critical of the move.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Seems the Vet group criticized something about Trump's EO concerning Muslims.

Wonder what that was all about ?

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Trump blocking his twitter account is important for you. He can do whatever he wants with it, it belongs to him.

edit on 13-6-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I can't wait to see what kind of excuses/deflections will be used to swing this thread into a pro-Trump piece.

I was watching a Dave Chapelle Netflix thing last night and he mentioned "the Age of Spin."

Let's watch it play out.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I think you should march to Washington. Wear your hat again.
I am sure you could get some celebrities to threaten to blow up the Whitehouse in protest.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This is a liberal veteran group who criticizes Trump for spending money to rebuild the military.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Trump blocking his twitter account is important for you. He can do whatever he wants with it, it belongs to him.

Not anymore.

His tweets are part of public record.

So you're cool with Trump editing/censoring people from seeing issuances of public record?

Have you ever read 1984, because that's Orwellian as #.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
He blocked a group itself, which he has every right to do so. Everybody in the group has not been blocked, if they had been blocked there's probably a reason for it.

I don't even use twitter, it's just a waste of space.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
If they were politically neutral, I might be more sympathetic to the argument, but after a quick look at their website, it appears to be a political action committee with an admitted 'progressive' lean. Pot vs kettle situation, IMO.

www.votevets.org...
edit on 13-6-2017 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

The MSM reports Trump's tweets. Even if account is blocked, the info is still public.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Right and lord obama took my affordable healthcare, national sovereignty and family safety away for some chesp partisan bs politics9

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Twitter sure as hell doesn't promote free speech!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

The MSM reports Trump's tweets. Even if account is blocked, the info is still public.

Between Hillary Clinton and the madness of this Trump administration, I don't think the American standard for politics could reach a lower point to be honest.

Not everyone watches TV.

The POTUS can't handle opposing viewpoints so he must block them. I don't know, man, doesn't speak to that "alpha-male," attitude many attribute Trump with. Seems like something a freshman in high school does after dumping their girlfriend of two weeks (blocking them on social media).

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Not anymore.

So you're cool with Trump editing/censoring people from seeing issuances of public record?

ANYONE can read Trumps tweets, they just can't comment anymore.

FAIL

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

They are still in the public record. I can see tweets from people who've blocked me by logging off of twitter and then look for them. Another BS story. Man these folks are desperate!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Well folks this is what first world problems look like.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Not anymore.

All that the Presidential Record Act does is makes it so he cannot delete the messages. And all messages once he is out of office is stored by The archivist.

There is no law saying he cannot block someone on twitter since it's still his personal account. He just needs permission from the archivist to modify any posts.

link   
I'm a veteran and I don't care who he blocks.

I block everyone who mentions politics in my feed.
edit on 13-6-2017 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Not anymore.

ANYONE can read Trumps tweets, they just can't comment anymore.

FAIL

BAM!!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
This is a liberal veteran group who criticizes Trump for spending money to rebuild the military.

Perhaps they are "anti-military-efficiency"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join