It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump blocks one of the largest US Veterans groups on Twitter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Is that .008 percent of the population?

The American Legion laughs!! (multi-millions)

Ironically enough, the votevets are claiming 500k members. Is that twitter followers? Not an accurate estimation if one were to actually look.

Wiki says less than half that is the actual number.
en.wikipedia.org...

VoteVets.org is organized as a progressive political action committee (PAC) and non-profit 501(c)(4) status in the United States.[1][2][3][4][5] It was co-founded in 2006 by Jon Soltz and Jeremy Broussard.

edit on 13-6-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I don't use twitter so I wasn't aware.

Thanks man.

Still doesn't change the fact that Trump is a triggered snowflake who can't handle opposing criticism and has to block what he doesn't want to say..... like a true alpha-male.

😂👌

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
Yes, he's blocked people before. This is a new action and it's directed against a large Veterans' group.

Here's their Twitter announcement. Note that it's followed by other veterans and veteran groups mentioning that they've been blocked.

Votevets blocked from viewing and following Trump's Twitter

Since Trump has declared that his Twitter feed is the "official word", his action is very much against the "open government" movement and against US policy. If he put out his official presidential statements on the Presidential account that was set up for him, then yes, blocking people from his private account is no problem.

He's talked about what a friend he is to Veterans, but he isn't interested in listening. Not all the VoteVets group were against him, but his move has changed that for some.

I see it is an non-partisan grouping made up of 20,000 vets out of Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans, with 220,000 supporters...and Trump blocked because their stated aim is to highlight to the government their criticism of both theatres of war. Sad that the chump thinks they are not worth discussing with...children would adults in comparison.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Non-partisan??? I posted a link to their website above. They clearly admit advocacy for progressive candidates and issues.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: vor78
If they were politically neutral, I might be more sympathetic to the argument, but after a quick look at their website, it appears to be a political action committee with an admitted 'progressive' lean. Pot vs kettle situation, IMO.

www.votevets.org...

Yep.

VoteVets is an Alt-Left PAC with very few actual vets involved. It should also be pointed out that the OP's "source" is Alt-Left propaganda rag Huffington Post.

Fueled by unions and secret donors, liberal vets group spends millions boosting Democrats

With the passing of each and every day, leftists are getting more desperate to try and tarnish President Trump. They continue to be on one of history's longest losing streaks. They're down to Twitter blocks now...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
HuffPost probably deflecting attention away from the Failed Senate Hearings today.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: Byrd

Trump blocking his twitter account is important for you. He can do whatever he wants with it, it belongs to him.

Not anymore.

His tweets are part of public record.

So you're cool with Trump editing/censoring people from seeing issuances of public record?

Have you ever read 1984, because that's Orwellian as #.

ANYONE can read Trumps tweets, they just can't comment anymore.

FAIL

Yes everyone knows twitter is for reading only. They must look stupid for making a reply button that has no purpose. Looks like the draft dodger found another way of not dealing with those military type people.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

@POTUS - official government twitter account of Donald J Trump.
@realDonaldTrump - official personal twitter account of Donald J Trump.

Twitter should ban Trump, clearly his continued use of both personal and official accounts will lead to the deconstruction of the 1st amendment - triggered by those whose feelings overwhelmed their ability to think laterally.

It's OK for everyone to spew hate directly at the POTUS, parroting CNN lies (refer to the tweet exchange which led to him blocking them), however, the POTUS, in his official or personal capacity, is henceforth prohibited from giving any response which may hurt peoples feelings.

Like Rome, the US will be destroyed from within, no Russia necessary.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I'm a 28+ year vet and I approve this block.....

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Anyone can read it

Blocking is different

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Trueman

Trump blocking his twitter account is important for you. He can do whatever he wants with it, it belongs to him.

Not anymore.

His tweets are part of public record.

So you're cool with Trump editing/censoring people from seeing issuances of public record?

Have you ever read 1984, because that's Orwellian as #.

ANYONE can read Trumps tweets, they just can't comment anymore.

FAIL

Yes everyone knows twitter is for reading only. They must look stupid for making a reply button that has no purpose. Looks like the draft dodger found another way of not dealing with those military type people.

You mean the "military people" who hated failed Obama and overwhelmingly voted for a real Commander-In-Chief, YOUR president, Donald J. Trump?

Vet's voted for Trump by wide margin

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I'm a 28+ year vet and I approve this block.....

Thank you for honoring us with your service, sir!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I was replying to a specific post, but feel free to continue with your rhetoric.

link   
Ok, let me reiterate for everyone out there that is tired of the onslaught of garbage anti-Trump threads.

WHOOOOOOO CAAAARRREEESSSSS!!!!!!!!

link   

originally posted by: Byrd
Yes, he's blocked people before. This is a new action and it's directed against a large Veterans' group.

Here's their Twitter announcement. Note that it's followed by other veterans and veteran groups mentioning that they've been blocked.

Votevets blocked from viewing and following Trump's Twitter

Since Trump has declared that his Twitter feed is the "official word", his action is very much against the "open government" movement and against US policy. If he put out his official presidential statements on the Presidential account that was set up for him, then yes, blocking people from his private account is no problem.

He's talked about what a friend he is to Veterans, but he isn't interested in listening. Not all the VoteVets group were against him, but his move has changed that for some.

There is a HuffPo article about this which is critical of the move.

Oh noes...I'm blocked on Twitter...how will I ever live again?

How stupid....but yes, let's write and article about it.

Sad this is even news.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Looks like the draft dodger found another way of not dealing with those military type people.

Buster how many years were you in the military? The reason why I ask is because non-military types are the only ones who have concerns and use "draft dodger" a good deal. It is just something that a person who actually served cares little about since they understand why they served and don't give a rats ass why others did not.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
LOL - hows this for a consequential effect - their twitter follower count just went from 50.1k to 50.4k in the last 30 minutes.

I just followed them, it's good to keep abreast on events in real time.

NB: Following does not equate to endorsing their rhetoric, as I also follow Hillary and CNN and MSNBC.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

Non-partisan??? I posted a link to their website above. They clearly admit advocacy for progressive candidates and issues.

So?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
CJ Pearson, 13-year-old conservative activist, made headlines Friday with his YouTube video criticizing President Barack Obama for inviting Ahmed Mohamed to the White House. Now he says that the President blocked him on Twitter.

Today he posted a screencap captioned, “Well, this sucks.”

gawker.com...

I'm sorry, I don't remember the outrage and lawsuits when Obama did it.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

You claimed it was non-partisan. That's not true and its hardly an insignificant detail. Once they cross that line into political advocacy against Trump and his policies, turnabout is fair play, including blocking them on a twitter feed.
edit on 13-6-2017 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join