It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Student Otto Warmbier Released From North Korea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Student Otto Warmbier, who was sentenced to 15 years hard labor for trying to steal a propaganda banner, is due to arrive home in Cincinnati on Tuesday evening. He supposedly received very little medical treatment after getting botulism and now is in a coma. I hope he recovers. Terrible lesson learned by this 22 year old.

TOKYO – University of Virginia student Otto Warmbier has been medically evacuated from North Korea in a coma after being detained for 17 months, his parents told The Washington Post on Tuesday.

The Warmbiers were told that he contracted botulism soon after his trial and was given a sleeping pill, from which he never woke up. There is no way of knowing yet whether the North Korean version of events is true, but the Warmbiers were told their son was in a coma the whole time. State Department officials are accompanying Otto Warmbier from Sapporo to Cincinnati. North Korea has woefully inadequate medical care, and it is not clear how North Korean doctors had been caring for Warmbier for more than a year in an unconscious state.

www.washingtonpost.com... eb-9611861a988f_story.html?utm_term=.b415315e0056

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
WOW and here i am this morning almost thinking NK did something nice and its really just because he's in a coma, cant take care of him, and dont want the backlash of a American Citizen die in their prison for a very petty crime.

boo north korea

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
he is an idiot. why visit such a crazy country.
there are certain areas in nyc and jersey city and newark which are prettttttty shady. even my friends from those neighborhoods warn me.

like i was taking pics in broad daylight of a great 'abandoned' firehouse. and some locals took offense.

im lucky im a big guy and i joked with them but hastily retreated.

i do not take pics in shady areas anymore.

id never go to north korea, or england for that matter either. no freedom of speech, why bother to visit?

(europe and other brainwashed countries have thought crimes related to w0rldwar2.)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

He wasn't too smart, nonetheless this is not good, nor does he deserve to be dead, in a coma, brain damaged..etc.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
If wonder if Dennis Rodman will come back normal?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Not a chance in hell

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Rodman for the rebound!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Is it just me or did I just witness a coverup of the fact that he was released because of Dennis Rodman. Comes off like they are totally stealing the credit. Just this morning they didn't know he was going.
edit on 13-6-2017 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Trump:
Hey Kim, too bad about that last missile test of your's exploding mysteriously. Be a real shame if the same thing happened to the next one.

BTW...How's that kid? We sure would like you to send him back.

Kim:
He's on his way back.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

id never go to north korea, or england for that matter either. no freedom of speech, why bother to visit?

what??

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

what??

Dude, Europe in 2017 is a place where you can be fined for sharing a joke about Muslims. Free speech is dead.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
When I first heard about this, I was excited, thinking that perhaps Dennis Rodman had convinced them to do something decent.

It's heartbreaking to find out that the guy is in a coma, and NK just can't be bothered to take care of him anymore.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Thanks. Does anybody know how to get coffee out of a monitor?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Perhaps he was pretending to be asleep the whole time to get out of doing the hard labour.

CX

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

what??

Dude, Europe in 2017 is a place where you can be fined for sharing a joke about Muslims. Free speech is dead.

You could always come over here and maybe...i don't know....not make jokes about Muslims? Kind of makes for a better life all round really.

England has no less freedom of speech as the US.

CX.
edit on 13/6/17 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

He wasn't too smart, nonetheless this is not good, nor does he deserve to be dead, in a coma, brain damaged..etc.

He was kind of old, unhealthy and frail to begin with, so NK is just doing a good samaritan act here....

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CX

You could always come over here and maybe...i don't know....not make jokes about Muslims? Kind of makes for a better life all round really.

England has no less freedom of speech as the US.

CX.

How many Muslims does it take to be a suicide bomber........ one

Wait that wasn't a joke...never mind...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I never believed he stole anything. The story was he stole the sign to trade for a Buick. That makes no sense. I'm sorry he is in a coma and hope US medical care repairs the damage. And he wasn't old and frail, he is a 20s college student.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

I never believed he stole anything.

There is video footage of it. It was all over TV when he was sentenced.

He said his frat bros dared him to pull some kind of 'stunt' while in NK and that in doing so he would elevate his status in the fraternity upon his return.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Unbelievably sad that this kid is in a coma.

I am watching his dad's press conference now.

You can see that he is seething that the Obama admin did nothing.

He said they told him and his wife to keep a low profile and they would deal with it, but never made any progress.

He says he became fed up and went to the Trump admin, and they worked aggressively to get his son back.

Seems like Obama just wanted it swept under the rug.

<<   2 >>

join