It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defense Secretary James Mattis says: "It will be a very very serious war."

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said to congress on Monday June 12 regarding North Korea:

"It will be a war like nothing we've seen since 1953."

"We would have to deal with it with whatever level of force is necessary."

"I am not the most articulate on this ma'am but it would be a very very serious war."

He also said North Korea is not yet capable yet of attacking America with an inter-continental ballistic missile."

General Joseph Dunford, Jr. , Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman added to that:

"I don't have any doubt on my mind that if we went to war with North Korea, we will win the war."

"In that conflict we will see casualties like we have not seen in 60 or 70 years."

(From NHK News)

North Korea 'most urgent' threat to security: Mattis

edit on 13-6-2017 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

The American people would never stand for the amount of body bags coming home, war with the NORKS is out of the question. There will be no war with North Korea unless they were to start it.
Bannon has other plans, and thats the destruction of Radical Islam. Chasing them around the sandbox is much different than fighting a high morale professional fighting force like the NORKS, who are firmly entrenched in mountainous terrain.
edit on 13-6-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

originally posted by: D8Tee

The American people would never stand for the amount of body bags coming home..

As if the American people ever had any say in any war. Remember the world-wide protests before the bombing of Iraq, or the protests during the Vietnam war?

I am not for war, but if there were with N. Korea, it would have more reason than any war I ever understood. I saw a documentary on the terrible living conditions of their people..
edit on 13-6-2017 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
So now it´s NK again in the row.
The problems inside of the former US grow, the problems for the "POTUS" grow, and now it´s NK again.
The former US(actual "government") needs a war to deflect from the problems at home.

Since Trump they try everything to provoke Russia(under Trump that´s just a deflection, to fool the people, Trump doesn´t want wars that would lower his won profits), NK, Iran, Qu atar, China not so hard, because China is too powerful. And now again NK, because it´s, from the view of the former US("government"), the weakest target.

The axis of evil at work again, trying to burn the world "to make the world a better place, full of freedom, democracy, equality and peace"...

Something has to protect the world from the lunatic cowboys(the rich, the military industrial complex, the banksters, the same evil circles like before Trump) in power in the Divided States!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   

As if the American people ever had any say in any war. Remember the world-wide protests before the bombing of Iraq, or the protests during the Vietnam war?

Not only the American people, but people in countries all over the world! It's disgusting to know that in reality there are only a handful of power hungry, controlling individuals in governments across this world who use their own citizens like pawns in a chess game to do their murderous biddings. They declare war without any concern for the innocent lives that will be sacrificed. When our children are brought back in body bags, they will put on their grieving faces but continue business as usual.

You have to wonder how long until the people of the world wake-up and take control of their governments and put an end to wars altogether. It's not the citizens of the world who can't get along, it's the minority of power hungry individuals who represent them.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Well at least a war with North Korea would make sense. I hate communism and I hate dictators and I hate to see a country full of people who aren't even allowed to try to comprehend what's wrong with their situation.

That said, Donald Trump is definitely not the man to be running the government when such a war happens. Of for no other reason than the fact that the far left would go bat# insane and it would be a real mess.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
There are some people that just want to watch the world burn and Kim is one of them. I dont agree with killing and i know i would not like the aftermath of a war with North Korea. But, its inevitable, this is one i agree with knowing how the people are treated on top of that psychopath who has threatened to nuke anyone who hurts his feeling. He is a very unfortunate threat the world has to face.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   

NO, I have a better idea - all the SJWs and open-border-freaks should leech off mum and dad for a plane ticket to no-electricity-land and go and preach their message to Mars-Bar-Boy with signs and balaclavas and literally no idea, see if it works when there's no Constitution or western laws to hide behind.

Mattis for the win - it's not good odds for round boy whichever way you look at it.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx
No it's not inevitable. China has said it can broker a deal. North Korea gives up it's nuclear program if the US leaves the peninsula. Seems rather simple, but the US will never do that, so there is a stalemate. For all those arm chair quarterbacks trying to 'save' the north koreans from their regime, ask yourself how thats turned out in Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan and any other place where US involvement has implemented regime change.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Right now the North Korean population are eating grass
A civil conflict must be on the cards, better invade South than have an internal conflict
It will be very interesting now NK don't export coal to China.
Going broke real fast
Effectively North Korea could be starved into submission
edit on 13-6-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Hrm. Serious war?

No thanks, I only like funny wars.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

You are right, trump is the problem, not North Korea.....

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
So what are the Americans going to do? Someone mentioned Vietnam? So shall they make up a load of bollo*ks about being attacked like they did to invade Vietnam? The gulf of Tonkin never happened they just made it up on the spot.
All those poor people being abused by their govt, yes the cowboys are coming to save you and to bring you democracy and if you don`t want it, well they will just bomb the chit out of you. Its a good business, the Military complex must be creaming their pants at the thought of a war. The USA has invaded Syria, its a war crime. No problem, we shall get holly wood to make a film about it and every thing will be ok. Yesterday the USA attacked Somalia. Its a war crime, but no one seems to care about the rule of law, when it comes to their own crimes.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I saw a documentary on the terrible living conditions of their people..

Since when have other nations living conditions been a valid rationalization for invasion - we see how the Middle East is turning out.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Are you SERIOUS?

North Korea is the greatest threat to national security? I call BS.

You want to know what is a much, MUCH larger threat to the people, their liberty, and their lives? The intelligence services of the United States of America, including the NSA and the CIA. Through their proxies they have allowed bombers and hijackers to kill citizens, have allowed their proxies to raise armies against all western ideals of civilisation and society, have divided the people of the United States against themselves by psychological operations, propaganda peddling, and other manipulations, have acted outside the law and without executive oversight of any effectiveness what so ever, have funded and equipped the enemies of the people of the United States and indeed the enemies of most of the western developed world, and you want to tell me, that North Korea, who are so weak and feeble as a threat that they cannot even launch an ICBM of any significant range what so ever, are the biggest threat to the national security of the United States of America?

I call foul, nonsense, poppycock and balderdash! North Korea is a starving pit of failure and nothing else. It is a shambles, and a powerless and surrounded one. The best it can do is assemble weapons systems that its enemies already have effective countermeasures against, and NOTHING else. It has no game changing weapons platforms, and everything it does currently own can be bought down with a RANGE of different methods, all of which together comprise a comprehensive defensive grid against their strongest possible assault. They are pathetic, in honesty. Their missiles are nonsense, old school, and prone to failure, and they have no other military assets which actually amount to anything of note. They do not have enough heavy transport aircraft in their possession to invade a nation, ANY nation. They do not have enough ships to transport troops to foreign shores, nor enough destroyer type vessels to give those landing craft cover, not enough experience at actual warfare to actually accomplish any military goal they may have.

In short, they are nothing and represent no actual or tangible threat at this time.

However, Saudi Arabia, with whom both the US and the UK trade quite happily, helps both nations to fund their proxy wars in the Middle East, and operates as a go between, a mediator between ISIS and those who pay for its upkeep, namely business people, intelligence industry figures and political monsters. Qatar does it too. But the thing we need to deal with first in the West, BEFORE bombing anyone else, anywhere, is that OUR people are funding our enemies. Our intel agencies, our politicians and business people. That needs ending, BEFORE we see ourselves as fit to go to war with ANYONE, and that applies to the US as much as it does to the UK. Neither country is in a position of moral authority, and ought to remove all forces, bases and military power projection, from every region in which we currently have any presence.

We ought to be in disgrace, not carrying on as if we are the worlds judge, jury and executioners.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   

That little dictator Kim is deviant. He's so conniving he's going to use Dennis Rodman who consquently might just end up being his secret weapon to destroy the west.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

My complaint with N. Korea is not so much that they are building nukes. I think every country should have the right to defend itself if one country is. My concern is how they run the country and the horrible conditions their citizens live in (if what I saw on a documentary are true). The mental conditioning they are subject to and the views they have are scary. They worship their leader like some god.

Hopefully N. Korea is not a set up (prop-up) for some elaborate long term plot to lead up to the present for whatever reasons. I find WW2 and the events leading up to their existence suspect. I also find their outward actions and media coverage suspect. Call me a crazy conspiracy theorist. What a massive conspiracy that would be.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Hey I'm not for war. I'm just reporting the news.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

No it's not inevitable. China has said it can broker a deal. North Korea gives up it's nuclear program if the US leaves the peninsula. Seems rather simple, but the US will never do that, so there is a stalemate. For all those arm chair quarterbacks trying to 'save' the north koreans from their regime, ask yourself how thats turned out in Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan and any other place where US involvement has implemented regime change.

North korea wont give up its nukes and we are tgere for that reason on top of his constant threats of nuking us and anyone who hurts his feelings. Hes a psychopath that can be very destructive. It is not so simple, china has a great idea but north korea will not comply. We would leave the peninsula if they did.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

North korea wont give up its nukes and we are tgere for that reason on top of his constant threats of nuking us ..

I don't think he has ever threatened to nuke anyone offensively. Only in defense.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join