It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: White House fires chef hired in Clinton era

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The head chef of the White House has been fired. Walter Scheib III, who had been hired by Hillary Clinton, said in an interview that it had been difficulty to satisfy the first lady's demands. Scheib, had previously been the head chef of the famous Greenbriar resort in West Virginia, and has held his White House post for the last eleven years. A search is being commenced to find a replacement

sfgate.com
Washington -- Unlike members of the White House staff who maintain the fiction that resigning was their decision, the executive chef, Walter Scheib III, minced no words Friday in saying he had been fired.

"We've been trying to find a way to satisfy the first lady's stylistic requirements," Scheib said in a telephone interview, "and it has been difficult. Basically, I was not successful in my attempt."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I can imagine that it is a demanding job and as the article describes quite dull as well. Thats a tough combination to stick around with. The interesting tie is the fact that he worked at the Greenbriar. I wonder if he would have been taken into the bunker to be the chef in the even of a nuclear war to keep the members of congress well fed and happy?

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Gosh, even though he came from Greenbriar, is it big Headline News that he can't make a Texas BBQ just the way the First Lady likes?

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I thought he was famous for painting cars. Oh, wait - that's EARL Scheib.

Never mind.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'm surprised anyone was fired...we're so used to seeing everyone in the White House suddenly resign as of late, hehe....

I'm guessing it went something like this...

"What do you mean the President wants me to make him a Sloppy Joe!!!???"

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Wellllll....I gues I'm wondering how come he was there for Bush's first four years?
Seems like a chef could leave anytime he or the Prez no longer were happy with their arrangements?

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I thought that these chefs were for life in the white house, I guess I am mistaken.

What is wrong with her majesty, her taste buds are hard to please?

Really, give a break.

[edit on 5-2-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
marg being a chef it was his job to satisfy them, like any job, if you arent good enough, you lose your job.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
probly couldn't figure out a way to make hot dogs for the pres from scratch

tho honestly, I think he probly wanted more of a challange and the first family couldn't give him any since they wouldn't know the differance between boloney or duck patte

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I would assume that he is also responsible for state dinners, parties etc. I suspect that that is where the issues came from, not the day to day meals.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
I would assume that he is also responsible for state dinners, parties etc. I suspect that that is where the issues came from, not the day to day meals.

He covers all according to another article that I read on the issue. Didn't hillary let the Bush Sr. chef go? People have different tastes and maybe they wanted to go in another direction. As someone said above, if you have a maid and you do not like the job they do you get rid of them, you do not keep them on.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I'm suprised nobody picked up on his blatant jab at lovable little Laura.

Like Colin Quinn says: Isn't she adorable? So sweet and polite. But you know, the minute you spill crumbs on the sofa...

I'd hate to have those crazy crosseyes trained on me.

Oh hell no.

Give me a "vocal" bitch like Hillary anyday over the smoldering quiet type that runs you over with her car and gets away with it.

[edit on 5-2-2005 by RANT]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Bush cant be too careful these days!

I suppose he started doubting the intentions of the chef..

Ya never know.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Hey very soon we will have the food taster position in the white house. Like Dg said you never known Bush has to be careful this days.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Give me a "vocal" bitch like Hillary anyday over the smoldering quiet type that runs you over with her car and gets away with it

Yeah, or who has staffers ransack the office of a dead appointee looking for incriminating evidence while the body is still warm......

Oh we were talking about Laura, and not Hillary, sorry my bad.....

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Don't shoot, I'm a conservative! But this is just too funny to keep quiet.
I have a pretty good idea as to what happened.
Rummy and Condi were sitting around playing RISK and trying to decide whether we should attack Iran or Syria next when Dubya walked in and gave them the list of people who they were firing now that the second term was on.
Rumsfeld didn't even let Condi Rice see the list, he just ran around the whitehouse yelling "pack your sht and get out" to everybody who had ever stepped on his toes- especially Colin Powell. After several hours of making faces at Powell and going "neener neener neener", Rumsfeld got tired and dropped the list. Condi realized she hadn't gotten to fire ANYONE.
So she went running into the oval office "Mr. President, Mr. President... Donny took all the firings for himself! Make him share!"

Unforunately Bush was in the middle of a Where's Waldo book and wasn't paying attention, so he just ignored her and went "yeah yeah, you can have one too".
So Rice ran out and fired the first employee she saw.

Edit: that pic of Laura is extremely disturbing. Why in the hell does every woman in this administration have reptilian facial features???

[edit on 6-2-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Maybe he supplied Dubya with a certain packet of pretzels

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Maybe he supplied Dubya with a certain packet of pretzels

Everybody who really thinks Dubya almost died from a pretzel, raise your hand.
Now who thinks that was just the excuse when the secret service walked in on Dick Cheney trying to throttle the president. (OK OK, I stole that from a saturday night live skit)

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
.....and tried techniques beyond his skill level, thus cutting off his oxygen. The choking part was accurate, just a diffrent snack was involved.

On the chef thing.......they finally found out he'd been serving up a regular rotation of body fluids in Dim Son's chili.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This is a nonsensical thread. Bush bashers must be running out of material.

If I go to a restaurant and I don't like the food I don't go back. I guess if someone else liked the food I should feel obliged to eat there frequently? Being the White House chef requires that after every election there may be a change of CEO. Can you imagine any major CEO keeping on the chef because his predecessor liked his cooking.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

he is..............i saw that in the article in our paper yesterday. he's responsible for everything to do with the food in white house.

angie

top topics

<<   2 >>

join