It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Starchild Skull is Human

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
niv

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I'm a little disappointed, but not surprised, to learn that the most recent DNA tests on the Starchild skull have proven that

The Starchild Skull was confirmed to be 100% human.
This is from the paper, Final Results! – Determining if the Starchild Skull is Part Alien on the website of its current owner Melanie Young. In the end, the Starchild was a 5-year old Native American boy from northern Mexico with severe health issues.

With an interest like UFOs, you grow accustomed to never getting a definitive and final result on anything. To my scientifically untrained eyes, the abstract I link to appears to end the story of the Starchild. The skeptics may make this an opportunity to take a bow but, like everyone else, it was a lot of guesswork from both sides, each with their medical experts making broad pronouncements.

I was always neutral on whether the Starchild was human or not. All I knew is that it freaked me out. Still, I feel a bit sad because there is now one less mystery in the World.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
If they weren't human, would they have said so?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Before when we could look at that skull and think aliens. Now I just feel bad for that kid.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Only if and when they were ready to tell what they actually do know. Not counting on that happening anytime soon. My feelings are most or all people truly in the know are as baffled as the rest of us by the phenom.
This finding seems pretty much impossible to argue against, but let's see if some good debaters can find a worthy reason to.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

Seeing as how that would amount to the biggest story of all time, I would think so.

Having some solid evidence that there was in fact other intelligent life and that it had visited earth at some point in our history would be major news and the people involved would become legends in our history books.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: niv

Pyes followers are the only ones who didn't already know 😃 everyone else knew it was human twenty years past.

Especially Pye.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

The star child is now a myth, but fear not because there are still many mysteries that are yet to be solved.

Skull sculpting and other forms of "body modifications" have been practiced all around the globe for centuries, there is the practice of reforming the malleable skull of an infant, then there is the lip plates of certain African tribes, and then there is facial piercings of South American tribes.

The fact that two separate continents can share the similar self mutilation rituals speaks volumes to the evolution of mankind's culture.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I saw a similar skull in a curio shop a couple of years back.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

If Lloyd Pye learned it was human, would he have said so?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
That skull was thicker and stronger and had fibers interwoven within the bone, so I'm not sold on it being human.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I thought this mystery was solved some time ago. DNA testing was done in 1999 and again in 2003.

DNA testing in 1999 at BOLD (Bureau of Legal Dentistry), a forensic DNA lab in Vancouver, British Columbia, found standard X and Y chromosomes in two samples taken from the skull. Novella considers this "conclusive evidence" that the child was both male and human, and that both of his parents must have been human in order for each to have contributed one of the human sex chromosomes.

Further DNA testing in 2003 at Trace Genetics, which specializes in extracting DNA from ancient samples, isolated mitochondrial DNA from both recovered skulls. The child belongs to haplogroup C. Since mitochondrial DNA is inherited exclusively from the mother, it makes it possible to trace the offspring's maternal lineage. The DNA test therefore confirmed that the child's mother was a Haplogroup C human female. However, the adult female found with the child belonged to haplogroup A. Both haplotypes are characteristic Native American haplogroups, but the different haplogroup for each skull indicates that the adult female was not the child's mother.

Source (Wikipedia)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I was always positive that it was human. When Mr. Pye held the skull and claimed that it was not human based upon DNA tests being "indeterminate" or of "unknown origin" I always wanted to have the skull submitted for more tests.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

This IS a conspiracy site...we can always claim the results are a complete falsehood.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
After all, they were always going to say "Yeah, it's not human, and it's an alien species we don't know about" huh?

No.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

is it ?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Like you, I was expecting this but was hopeful of something more mysterious.

Now, did anyone ever confirm THIS ONE ?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
After all, they were always going to say "Yeah, it's not human, and it's an alien species we don't know about" huh?

No.

Or, in the case of the people who were pushing the star child angle, they said. "Just look at it; it doesn't look normal so it is probably an alien species we don't know about."

After all, what else are they going to say?

niv

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shadoefax
I thought this mystery was solved some time ago. DNA testing was done in 1999 and again in 2003.

According to the website, the 2003 testing revealed a human mother but indicated there may have been an alien father.

niv

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

...there is the practice of reforming the malleable skull of an infant, then there is the lip plates of certain African tribes, and then there is facial piercings of South American tribes.

On a recent Ancient Aliens episode, always a good place to cite for scientific evidence
, there is an elongated skull from Peru that is missing one of its sutures that humans have at the top of their head. I guess there is always hope...

niv

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: nivNow, did anyone ever confirm THIS ONE ?

Even the grays are taller than that thing.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join