It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Hammond Airlifted to Hospital after a Crash While Filming in Switzerland.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Yeah Hammond again but according to Jeremy Clarkson this time he's mostly OK with reports stating he has a fractured knee.

Mr Hammond "climbed out of the car himself before the vehicle burst into flames," the show said in a statement

The show's statement said: "Richard Hammond was involved in a serious crash after completing the Hemburg Hill Climb in Switzerland in a Rimac Concept One, an electric super car built in Croatia, during filming for The Grand Tour Season 2 on Amazon Prime, but very fortunately suffered no serious injury."
www.bbc.co.uk...

It was the biggest crash I've ever seen and the most frightening but incredibly, and thankfully, Richard seems to be mostly OK
twitter.com...

At least he's OK and we don't have to worry about him this time.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Hope he was wearing his helmet!

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Is that the Top Gear guy?

Bummer. Thank the lords of Kobol he's ok.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I often wonder how many road deaths can be directly attributed to the bad driving example set by the idiot in chief and his two deputy chief idiots.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
I often wonder how many road deaths can be directly attributed to the bad driving example set by the idiot in chief and his two deputy chief idiots.

Like it said on the tin, it was a hill cilmb event, and to add it may well be a mechanical/eletronic incident since it was electric car, or an any car murphy's incident.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

That maybe, but those three f#@kwits, and Clarkson in particular have consistently been glammourising irresponsible driving for a very long time.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: gortex

Hope he was wearing his helmet!

Yea he was but it covered his whole body and he couldn't see... thats why the hamster crashed

Get well soon Hammy.

Warmest

Lags

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

That maybe, but those three f#@kwits, and Clarkson in particular have consistently been glammourising irresponsible driving for a very long time.

I don't think you have watched much of it if you need to talk like that, much of what they did was anything but glamorous, however the programme was also packed with information that otherwise may have stayed with manufacturers, or just got little airing...like the Lexus's that had throttle jamming problems and sent a few people off the road, or the much vaunted Audi TT that had serious handling problems and sent some Germans off to live in the sky...the list goes on, and on and on.....

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I have never watched the new show, nor will I ever watch any program that has any of those three morons in it. I saw them turn a decent and intelligent motoring magazine program into lowbrow boy racer rubbish, that glorified the irresponsible use of motor vehicles.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Like everyone drives careful now? Or ever? Get out on the highway on any given day....you'll see more reckless than you care to.

edit on 10-6-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I agree, and as I originally said the behaviour of the likes of Clarkson et al has likely played its part in feeding into the poor driving standards we see today.
edit on 10-6-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Honestly, I don't think it has. I've been a fan of the show for years and I never get behind the wheel and think "Watch me drift through this curve!!". TV shows and the like have never had an influence on the way I drive and I've not seen other fans of the show be out and out careless either.
Most of us know we'll never have the chance to drive a Ferrari or Pagani or any other car that costs more than we'll make in a lifetime and it's our chance to live a little, seeing someone else put them through their paces.
It doesn't hurt that the 3 are great pals and although constantly giving each other sh**, they have each other's back.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I saw them turn a decent and intelligent motoring magazine program into lowbrow boy racer rubbish, that glorified the irresponsible use of motor vehicles.

I find that rather peculiar since your reply is pure rhetorical and not a smidgen to do with what I said. It doesn't sit well with the nomenclature of your avatar either, nor does it bode well for the use of the word 'intelligence' in your reply since you clearly have no clue as to what the programme was about.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I am referring to Top Gear and what a good quality program it originally was, until it was handed to Clarkson who, along with the other two, turned it into a load of chavvy trash.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I am referring to Top Gear and what a good quality program it originally was, until it was handed to Clarkson who, along with the other two, turned it into a load of chavvy trash.

Actually, the producers of the show decided what went on in each episode. The three amigos just played their role.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

If you say so. It does not alter my opinion of the irresponsible pricks.
edit on 11-6-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

top topics

join