It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. House committee chairman asks Justice Department to prosecute Platte River Network’s CEO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
While people have been screaming about the scary Russians, other things have been going on without notice.

To whit:

Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server has faded for some, but not Platte River Networks, which on Thursday learned a congressional committee wants the government to prosecute its CEO, Treve Suazo.

Everyone remembers PRN, right? The company to which Hillary's email was migrated to after being moved off of her homebrew server. Well, it turns out they've been stonewalling for quite some time and the chair of the House Committee on Science, Space & Technology is not too happy about it:

“Instead of cooperation, the Committee was met with obstruction and refusal to comply with subpoenas and requests for transcribed interviews. These actions, taken together, as well as Mr. Suazo’s false statements to the Committee, made through counsel, support the pattern of obstruction. If left unaddressed, Mr. Suazo’s conduct in ignoring lawful congressional subpoenas, misleading the Committee through false statements, and bald refusal to respond to reasonable requests could gravely impair Congress’s ability to exercise its core constitutional authorities of oversight and legislation,” reads the letter, signed by Smith.

He's ready to take it to a grand jury and compel Platte River Networks to allow them access to the the server and associated systems. But, the attorney for PRN has responded in a manner which indicates they are not going to make this easy; see below.

Denver Post

From the letter to AG Sessions:

...[a]ll PRN employees will be ceasing voluntary cooperation with your committee pursuant to their rights under the Fourth and Fifth amendments."

DOJ PRN referral (direct .pdf link)

Related threads:

Reddit post apparently related to Clintons email coverup

DoJ granted immunity to tech who wiped server

Immunity deals stopped FBI from investigating BleachBit use in Clinton email case

The FBI Files - Hillary R. Clinton

Comey: FBI looked 'hard' for obstruction of justice in Clinton email probe

What says ATS?

Looks like there is an earlier thread on this form the time the original article was posted, but I did not see it until now.

"House panel seeks charges for company in Clinton email case"

edit on 9-6-2017 by jadedANDcynical because: added link to prior thread

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Initial reaction: Awesome news! I genuinely hope they are working this from the bottom up to alleviate any possibility of scapegoats. This being a critical block in the proverbial prison structure as that it should show clear indication of that mysterious lack of "intent"

Realistic reaction: Expect immunity deals and media silence.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Maybe Suazo will start talking if he is facing real trouble.
Congress could be using this to work their way up to the top.

Suazo was probably evasive while biding time until Clinton was elected.
He expected the whole thing to go away.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
A link in the chain of a "Matter" ...I think Donald realized it wasn't a Swamp that needed draining and come up with the only word to describe what he found in the belly of the beast , Covfefe .

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

This is one main reason they are after Jeff Sessions.

Loretta Lynch, Comey, all part of the cover up
and now the rabid at all costs to try and quash
the truth from ever coming to light.

There will be a chain of events unleashed like
never before in modern history, bring it on!

edit on 9-6-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
While people have been screaming about the scary Russians, other things have been going on without notice.

To whit:

Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server has faded for some, but not Platte River Networks, which on Thursday learned a congressional committee wants the government to prosecute its CEO, Treve Suazo.

Everyone remembers PRN, right? The company to which Hillary's email was migrated to after being moved off of her homebrew server. Well, it turns out they've been stonewalling for quite some time and the chair of the House Committee on Science, Space & Technology is not too happy about it:

“Instead of cooperation, the Committee was met with obstruction and refusal to comply with subpoenas and requests for transcribed interviews. These actions, taken together, as well as Mr. Suazo’s false statements to the Committee, made through counsel, support the pattern of obstruction. If left unaddressed, Mr. Suazo’s conduct in ignoring lawful congressional subpoenas, misleading the Committee through false statements, and bald refusal to respond to reasonable requests could gravely impair Congress’s ability to exercise its core constitutional authorities of oversight and legislation,” reads the letter, signed by Smith.

He's ready to take it to a grand jury and compel Platte River Networks to allow them access to the the server and associated systems. But, the attorney for PRN has responded in a manner which indicates they are not going to make this easy; see below.

Denver Post

From the letter to AG Sessions:

...[a]ll PRN employees will be ceasing voluntary cooperation with your committee pursuant to their rights under the Fourth and Fifth amendments."

DOJ PRN referral (direct .pdf link)

Related threads:

Reddit post apparently related to Clintons email coverup

DoJ granted immunity to tech who wiped server

Immunity deals stopped FBI from investigating BleachBit use in Clinton email case

The FBI Files - Hillary R. Clinton

Comey: FBI looked 'hard' for obstruction of justice in Clinton email probe

What says ATS?

Looks like there is an earlier thread on this form the time the original article was posted, but I did not see it until now.

"House panel seeks charges for company in Clinton email case"

GOP LONG GAME. Been saying it from the beginning. GOP has been doing it right from the start, not publicizing a false narrative.

$hit is about to hit the fan....

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Is PRN the same company that Combetta aka stonetear used to work for?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I really feel like someone should be hung in this matter.... make an example and maybe we won't see this bull# anymore.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Seems to me the might be afraid of death by whatever the lastest trend happens to be.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Public Hanging needs to come back. I think it was effective, classy and made a statement.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I just posted this in another thread and linked to this one because there seems to be a good chance there is a link to Crowdstrike www.reddit.com...

THIS IS AN EMAIL BETWEEN PODESTA AND A COMPUTER SCIENTIST: en.wikipedia.org... I believe that this is a more serious situation than perhaps Secretary Clinton and her aides realize.Fortunately, there is a positive step that can and should be taken. The problem. There is a very real risk that the system was broken into, possibly by Republican operatives (or China or some other country or organization). If this has happened and if there is anything that might appear problematic in those emails, whether or not it actually is, the relevant emails might be released to the press shortly before the election. Even if the system was not broken into, there is the threat that opponents might release forged emails that are difficult to impossible to distinguish from real ones. In addition, there are questions that any computer security expert will ask, such as was the system backed up regularly. If so, then it might be possible at least to respond to forged emails. Of course the claim that the server has been wiped clean (was that also done with any backups that were created?) suggests that there may not be adequate backups.

Incidentally, depending on how the deletions on the server were done, it might be possible for the email to be recovered by a forensics expert. What should be done. Unfortunately, nothing can be done to prevent the risks described above. Given that, it's important to know how real those risks might be. Therefore, I recommend that a forensics investigator be hired to examine the server and any backups and logs that might still exist to see if there may have been a break-in. Jeremy Epstein is a prominent computer security expert who has recommended a company called Mandiant. (Neither Jeremy nor I have any involvment with Mandiant of any kind, including financial). According to Jeremy, they are frequently brought in after major corporate breakins. They are verydiscrete and, in his view, competent. I can put anyone who is interested in touch with Jeremy, whoives in Virginia. In my opinion it is critical that a highly qualified forensics expert examine the system as soon aspossible. It is important to know if there may be a problem or if an attack may have occurred, so that there can be a well thought out response prepared beforehand. Finally, if nothing serious is uncovered by a forensics examination, that does not prove that nothing happened. Regrettably, the absence of proof of a break-in is not proof of the absence of a break-in. THIS EMAIL WAS SENT 2015-04-15 DURING THE BENGAHZI #STORM! ZOMG!!! ZOMG: The companies are Fidelis Cybersecurity and Mandiant.

They base their analysis on five malware samples used in the hacking attack. Fidelis executive Michael Buratowski says, “Based on our comparative analysis, we agree with CrowdStrike and believe that the Cozy Bear and Fancy Bear…groups were involved in successful intrusions at the DNC [Democratic National Committee] . […] The malware samples matched the description, form and function that was described in the CrowdStrike blog post. In addition, they were similar and at times identical to malware that other [research firms] have associated to these actor sets.” www.thompsontimeline.com... Mandiant is one of the firms blaming RUSSIA! Coincidence? I think not!

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I hope they keep fighting this to the end, last thing we need is more privacy erosion by companies rolling over and handing out data at the drop of a hat to the government. I have no doubt they will lose in the end because big brother always gets its data and its a Clinton related probe so you know the GOP will try to make and example out of the company.
edit on 10-6-2017 by Pyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

As you know, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

Combetta is that weak link.

a reply to: ColdWisdom

Yes it is, these archives are the ones he was wanting to edit and which got bleachbitted on order of Cheryl Mills.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I am starting to think that the bleechbit story is a ruse to hide what really happened . Crowdstrike is linked to the DNC servers as well as the Platt River servers and is also a contractor for the FBI . That is why the strong attempt to not speak .

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

So the Covfefe thing does not actually mean "in the end god will win"? Its easier to believe Trump was Trolling libtards more than a simple mistake. If even a typo people still look pretty lame.

Also do people know how dumb they look either way making stupid covfefe jokes. Seriously the worse.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

You seem to be misunderstanding a few things.

This isn't a privacy issue.

The items subpoenaed are related to her time and duties as Secretary of State and are official government communications.

PRN replied that it was not in possession of anything responsive to the subpoenas request, the committee has independant, verifable sources which show that to be false thus placing PRN in the position of actively obstructing the operation of government in pursuit of an investigation.

PRN's attorney had plead the 4th and 5th amendmends in response.

I'm no legal scholar but I don't see how you can plead the 5th in relation to the production of documents and digital data/access to equipment.
edit on 10-6-2017 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The document in the OP to Jeff Sessions, written April 27, 2017 says:

conducting a comprehensive investigation into the security of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's private server and e-mail arrangement used during her tenure at the US Department of State.

...which is absolute PROOF that the investigation into Hillary Clinton is ongoing.

edit on 6/10/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
A little more follow up on the original story:

According to the aides, Datto asked Platte River to take steps to encrypt the information on the server, which was stored at a data center in New Jersey.

“We didn’t see any evidence that those encryption measures were taken,” the aides said.

The aides also said that a Platte River technician, Paul Combetta, received at least 50 alerts about hacking attempts on Clinton’s server originating from Korea, Germany, France and the U.S.

The aides said that Combetta responded to those email alerts by asking to be removed from the alert system.

So not only was the data not encrypted, but good ol' stonetear decided he didn't need the alerts to indicate that hacking attempts had taken place. I guess that means if you don't know it's happening, then it can't affect you...

Combetta also lied to the FBI during one of his interviews about his work on Clinton’s server. Despite that, he was granted immunity from the Justice Department in order to cooperate with the investigation.

Generally lying to an investigative agency would negate immunity, but I suppose in this case it hasn't?

Daily Caller

I can find nothing more recent than early May regarding this issue. It's like it has completely disappeared.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

I can find nothing more recent than early May regarding this issue. It's like it has completely disappeared.

Was it Ardith that erased stone tears posts?
I also recall they were editing people's posts?

If so, spooky.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

I know what you're talking about, but this isn't it. I think stonetear was editing his own posts when he had his, "oh # moment."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join