It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what exactly is it that we are

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Just being reading the latest edition of New Scientist and an article about the unexplored ecosystem above your head. An extremely interesting piece in it's own right. However, at the end of the article, the journalist Lesley Evans Ogden suggests that we first address a more fundamental question: what exactly is it that we are?
May I make a suggestion, Light.
We are light and this whole religion thing has being an attempt by Light to tell's its story.
Is it possible to consider that Light is Sentient, conscious, alive and that we are light at the first stage of an incredible journey of self - discovery?
I do realize that it asking a lot to consider light as life...every religious text references Light..Every single one ... I wonder why
Love to hear thoughts..

008b8782d5e2f109796ef440f4a61b6f8762b59601ef8c14af0ce0251b0e229b

edit on 9-6-2017 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
All matter is energy, but not all energy is light so no humans aren't light.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

We are semi-intelligent tool-making primates with vivid imaginations.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We are semi-intelligent tool-making primates with vivid imaginations.

That's the best explanation I heard so far.

But in all seriousness , we are primates with a cruel nature for power & social status. Our purpose as biological organisms is to procreate and pass on our genes , we are subconsciously programed mainly for that purpose.

On a quantum physical level however we are also spiritual beings with energetic bodies able to do things beyond the norms of science (like ESP , Healing , telepathy & intuition.)

Sadly life is short and we can't have both Social status + spiritual wisdom , it doesn't work like that...
edit on 9-6-2017 by ancienthistorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

We are a vibration set forth from the mental creation of the ALL , manifesting through cause and effect , the True religion handed down to us

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: DBCowboy

That's my photo from the DMV. They never take a good picture.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I'm starting to think we're mere perspectives, view-points if you will.
Kinda like "I think, therefore I am."

I'm probably not correct anyway, just what I've been thinking lately.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

The electron lasts 100 billion trillion years. There is only 1 thing that is beyond time and space. It is called awareness. Awareness is the unmanifest form of consciousness. It stand at the Zero Point and beyond it. It is prior to consciousness. That is what "we are". We are That. Read Lord Nisargadatta's (The God of Sorrow) book I am That. You are not the body or the mind or the ego. The very act of perceiving shows that you are not what you perceive.

Connect the Dots Young King.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Thats quite similar to my own definition of consciousness. A meme is anything that contains and conveys an idea, and consciousness is something that chooses what those ideas are kind of like if a radio could turn its own dial, and that retains old information and uses it to process the future.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well, the first thing I notice when I wake up and open my eyes is the image of light my two eyes create. That light is who we are and is where our experiences play out.

Looking in a mirror is light bouncing off of a reflective surface so even the image we see of our bodies in a mirror is light.

God's light is within us and is what allows us to see his reflection within the world around us. What you see is divine light and we are all children of light and thus children of God.
edit on 6/9/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/9/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Absolutely agree.

We are energy.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Exponentially we are what we are not.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
So my light bulb is sentient?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Do you know what specifically is a sodium-potassium gate?

health.howstuffworks.com...

Further....

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
How is it possible for something that is random to generate something that is not random?

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yeah. Energy abounds with life as we know it.
Light is a factor of energy.

The sun is not merely light: it is mainly an energy-emitter.

Are we our physical bodies? Our physical cells change constantly. The old estimates used to say that after 7 years: every cell in our bodies had been renewed.
Seems to reason we are something beyond the physical, no?

But babies are sooooo beautiful!!! LoL

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Lets look at our environment Earth. Its main state is Glaciation, geologically speaking we have a few thousand years of Summer and the Earth goes back to normal. An Earthman would have to cope with the hundred thousand years of Glaciation , not just the brief summer. We are the feral survivors, whos main accomplishment during this brief summer is to invent weapons that could have a high chance of terminating life on this planet. I think theirs a high probability that their is another sentient self aware life form on this planet who has learnt to survive its true nature. We barely interact, because most wouldn't believe they existed if they landed on our front lawn. We are for the most part life forms presently at the top of the food chain of Earths brief Summer.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I like hte idea of us being light, but how mcuh scientific merit does it have? Hmm, we got mass, but photons don't. Unless you're speaking of only the mind? I'm not sure what's at the heart of our mind. I've read about synapses and neurons and dendrites. Seems chemical in nature, but brainwaves suggest something electromagnetic. If quantum things are going on in leaves for photosynthesis, who knows wha'ts going on in our brain?

"Life itself is only a vision, a dream. Nothing exists, save empty space, and you, and you are but a thought."

I read a good argument once in this forum all is just mind:
www.huffingtonpost.co.uk - Physicists Find Evidence That The Universe Is A 'Giant Brain'...

Or, this one I really like, we're just dissipation-driven adaptive organization:
www.quantamagazine.org - A New Physics Theory of Life...

Maybe we're apart, seeking wholeness again:

Maybe the answer is 42?

I'm done. This one wil lhave me going for the rest of my life.
edit on 6/10/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

what exactly is it that we are

Monsters devouiring all we can of everything the light
allows us to see. Completely thankless for it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join