It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming Stop the Superstitious Nonsense

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
"There's snow outside my door right now. There's no global warming."

Contrary to your anecdotal superstitious moronic BS, here's a little bit of science:

Earth’s 2016 surface temperatures were the warmest since modern recordkeeping began in 1880, according to independent analyses by NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

Globally-averaged temperatures in 2016 were 1.78 degrees Fahrenheit (0.99 degrees Celsius) warmer than the mid-20th century mean. This makes 2016 the third year in a row to set a new record for global average surface temperatures.

NASA, NOAA Data Show 2016 Warmest Year on Record Globally

More scientific facts:

Scientists agree, man made global warming caused by burning fossil fuels is real:

1) Depending on exactly how you measure the expert consensus, it’s somewhere between 90% and 100% that agree humans are responsible for climate change, with most of our studies finding 97% consensus among publishing climate scientists.

2) The greater the climate expertise among those surveyed, the higher the consensus on human-caused global warming.

The 97% consensus on global warming

The Overwelming and growing scientific Consensus

The thing is these scientists and the people at NASA are smarter than you. Now I know its difficult to accept when people are so much smarter than you. But try to understand something. When you were struggling to solve for x in algebra class, climate scientists and the people at NASA were solving those problems in their heads. They knew more than their teachers did long before anything came out of their teacher's mouths. Here, I will help you with the big bad scientific words. The word "average" is a mathematical concept. "Math" is the study of numbers and their relationships. Here's the mathematical definition of "average":

Average – Definition – How to Calculate Average

So listen all you knuckle draggers. Lets just stop the anecdotal superstitious moronic BS. The scientific consensus is global warming caused by burning fossil fuels is real.

edit on 7-6-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

So listen all you knuckle draggers. Lets just stop the anecdotal superstitious moronic BS. The scientific consensus is global warming caused by burning fossil fuels is real.

Have you ever heard about catching more flies with sugar?
You might want to switch off of vinegar.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

How does taxing us stop global warming though ?

Getting more money from us isn't going to stop us burning fossil fuels, it's going to make it cost more to burn them

That's my problem with this scam, the solution seems to be throwing money at it, which clearly doesn't work

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

It would not be a rant if I did not include some condescending insults. People expect condescending insults from liberals and people with elite educations. I felt obligated to oblige.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
You're forgetting the tenets of the psyop. Can't call it "Global Warming" in winter, because its cold out. They call it that during summer when temperatures are warmer.

Like chemtrails and 911, Climate Change is used to deflect away from environmental pollution , resource depletion, habitat destruction, deforestation, etc.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I don't know what the public policy solution should be. Doing nothing is fine if you are willing to lower the quality of life on the planet. There are trade-offs in every decision. All I'm saying is I am sick of the snow outside my door comment.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

You are very much oversimplifying it.
What COULD your country do with increased taxes? Maybe stimulating/supporting companies trying to advance clean energy?

That worked well with solar or windpowered energies. What about other energysources besides coal? Which, even according to coal-industrie managers, is steeply decreasing in use and even usability. Sorry coalminers, you are living from an outdated kind of industry.

It does not mean that your money would automatically be wasted. If you think that about your taxes, I have some very bad news for you: your country still wants your money, regardless if you want to cling to it or not. Same goes for about every not-failed state on earth..

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
So how do you stand on the East Anglia University data
Just ignore that

Now I know that we are seeing changes in the weather, no doubt, but to say

Well I am sure you know the argument
If people choose to disagree, who do you think you are, those EAU scientists, why should we all just believe
Believe what you want, others can to.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Doing nothing is fine if you are willing to lower the quality of life on the planet.

Maybe if we weren't forced into financial slavery working 5 days out 7 and had more days to actually have a quality of life, then we'd more appreciative of the beautiful nature on this planet.

Don't talk about quality of life, it's a joke when it comes to humans

a reply to: ManFromEurope

Green energy is not as green as people make it out to be

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Depending on where those taxes go determines whether it will help us in the long run. If our taxes are put towards green energy and the materials/facilities needed to run it then the taxes are well spent, but I have little trust in the government and how it spends our taxes.

I feel like the government is using a real issue to get more money out of us. That doesn't take away the fact that global warming is an issue though.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Skepticism is healthy, except when in comes to the authenticity and sincerity of scientists pushing an agenda where taxes are raised and government is over-reaching.

Good thing government and scientists are never wrong.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The scientists have no say in what the government decides to do with the information presented to them. Scientists only present the data, the government is the one trying to tax people based on the data given to them.
edit on 6/7/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

And scientists are never wrong, nor do they ever have ulterior motives.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I believe global warming is legit.
Not caring if anything is done or not.
Earth is cool through my daughter's life time. All I'm concerned with.
Imo there are more pressing issues. Like all the assholes in the world that want to kill or repress or discriminate
Much more of an issue
edit on 7-6-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
So how do you stand on the East Anglia University data
Just ignore that

Now I know that we are seeing changes in the weather, no doubt, but to say

Well I am sure you know the argument
If people choose to disagree, who do you think you are, those EAU scientists, why should we all just believe
Believe what you want, others can to.

If you were familiar with the scientific process bad data eventually get flushed away. It's kind to whole point of trusting the scientific process over superstition. There plenty of studies in published papers with "good" scientific methods regardless of anything the "East Anglia University data" is implying. The "East Anglia University data" is not the only study used in the publications.

edit on 7-6-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The scientists get grants to carry on their work from the government though.

Pay to lie to make money from further research

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I don't know what the public policy solution should be. Doing nothing is fine if you are willing to lower the quality of life on the planet. There are trade-offs in every decision. All I'm saying is I am sick of the snow outside my door comment.

not that this matters, but the last thread that you commented on, the one that used that context, was satirical in the same context, hence the forum it was penned in.

but in other news, the weather in NC has been really nice this spring so far. (Not nearly as hot as in recent years)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

I believe global warming is legit.
Not caring if anything is done or not.
Earth is cool through my daughter's life time. All I'm concerned with.
Imo there are more pressing issues. Like all the assholes in the world that want to kill or repress or discriminate
Much more of an issue

I cannot disagree with you. You make some very good points. This, however, may be an issue of concern:

Maybe it's nothing. Maybe it's saying the sky is falling. Or, maybe it's not.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
ANIMAL AGRICULTURE is the number one cause of climate change, more than every other cause COMBINED.

Why don't scientists talk about this?

Agendas, agendas, agendas.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

7.5billion human CO2 emitters on this planet

Nobody talks about cutting down on humans either

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join