It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to decipher between mental illness and possession.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

I would monitor him for a month or so to see if there is any good changes with the medication. Medication work differently and some may not work, while others will.

As far as being possessed, the only way you will know if he is possess, if there is strange paranormal activities going on around the house.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Also do you know if he plays online or by himself? That is a major factor in making someone randomly get off of video games or even at a certain time..

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Thanks for further explaining.

So, he is close to his mother and her personality has changed since the cancer. You say that the mother has taken it upon herself to take him to the doctor and get the diagnosis.

Have you considered taking him to another completely independent Doctor who knows nothing of you and your situation and telling your side of the story? Misdiagnosis sounds like a reach, but another independent perspective from a health professional might help you understand. And more crucially a Doctor who is on your side should be able to provide you with ideas that may help you to help your son more.

As for your son not wanting to get out of his room, that is a typical teen thing. Can I ask if the room is also kept dark (little to no natural light)? This might sound silly, but depression feeds off darkness. The lack of light feeds the fatigue and fuels the fears. Does he have a disrupted sleep pattern? ie He is fatigued and 'hopeless' during the day, but will stay up to the small hours of the morning?

You also allude to the fact you feel you have given him everything he ever asked for. Have you ever made him work for it? ie 'Dad I need a new phone" could be responded to with 'Sure son, a new phone costs $500, so I need you to mow the lawns for 6 weeks first' He'll probably absolutely hate the idea, but if he really wants that new phone he'll do it and it will also get him exercising. Being crafty with ways to get him out of his room and moving is key here.

As for the Satanic angle, you need to rule out the mundane first. The medication is a big issue. Doctors are far too happy to hand out Prozac in an attempt to medicate the symptom, but they do not treat the cause. When I went through my depression, I refused medication for years. I did try a course of valium for about two months, but the side effects were so weird that I ended up flushing it down the toilet, because it just made me feel even worse with weird effects like my jaw freezing and my entire face tingling mid sentence when trying to talk.

Have a read of this link below. It is a short and to the point definition of teen depression. You know your son better than any of us, so read through and see if it fits the description of what you are experiencing with him. If it does, then you are not to blame, and nor is he. But he does need your help.

www.mayoclinic.org...

I would also suggest talking to your wife. She might know more about what is driving this than you. The key thing here is understanding what is causing his behavior. Once you know, then you can help.

edit on 5-6-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: omniEther

Thank you . I Now think he's lost respect for me that I haven't been able to make her normal again ,He stole my books . I've tried taking it from her I've tried everything . Yes I used to practice until I realized it's in me not a book. Really wish I would have kept my mouth shut about the craft "OLD" not newage. I kept my books because some are really old and hand written I know long shot im looking at every thing now.
edit on 6/5/2017 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteWingedMonolith

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Yea I read that also but he's only been on it for like 3 days and his doctor said it would take a few weeks to kick in because of the low dose..

Bull. Prozak sent me reeling after the first two doses.

Off with prozak immediately. Paxil is what you should request. And fast.

Oh hell no. Paxil induces the false outgoing personality. Paxil is bad. Bad. Bad. It opens the door to the subconscious darkside. Total trickster drug. Dark people love Paxil because they become addicted to being ok with being an outgoing sociopath. And by george if you drink alcohol, anyone around you is fkd, likely addicted to the extroverted drama king or queen you've falsly become. All the head drugs will fk you up.

I'm sorry about your experience - but it sounds like you knew someone who was put on paxil without having PTSD symptoms.

I'm on Paxil and Seroquel and calmer than ever.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I was homeless till like 20 years old a Nomad from 13 years old my Dad left he was a horrible man So yes I wanted my son to have everything without grief. So yeah that was a mistake.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I was homeless till like 20 years old a Nomad from 13 years old my Dad left he was a horrible man So yes I wanted my son to have everything without grief. So yeah that was a mistake.

The sum of who we are is part environment and part genetic. Don't blame yourself, all you did was act out of love and try to give your son what you did not have.

That being said, an upbringing without having to work to get anything can lead to overly high expectations when a child reaches adulthood and a sense of entitlement, with no understanding of gratitude or how to cope with situations where not everything falls out of the sky for them.

I read that the witchcraft books were yours. You are obviously knowledgeable on the subject then. Maybe find out what he was trying to achieve. It's could be a case of like father, like son.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   

I have pancreas and kidney caner and it is a challenge so I know a little about how family reacts around a sick person.

Children in school discuss everything sometimes magic....The devil....seances and Ouija Boards...they want to experiment but from what you have said it appears your son is taking it hard concerning his mother's sickness. Maybe he thinks he can heal her with magic so he dove into it out of love.

Caring for a possible terminate patient is a BIG challenge and it is effecting you too. Stay with your wife ....don't forget through thick and thin ..... right?

Your son is going to need you more and more.....please be patient with him.....teenager, hormones, dating, school, mom is sick.... and believe me it is effecting him on a whole new scale. Most males have a deep connection to their mothers.

I know there is medication out here for depression but depression is a spiritual thing and NOT a mental thing and the medical field has no prescription for spiritual sickness because the do not believe. One reason why the medical field is not advancing, the fail to accept MANKIND has a spirit inside them....

Keep a CLOSE EYE on your son.....suicide ..... a special place in hell for those who take their life....(suicide) selbstmord (self-murder) EXCEPT those who are insane to not know right from wrong...

Now the wannabe doctors on ATS will crawl out of the wood work and start citing BOOK THEORY (mostly) THEORIES on SOME mental issues and believe they are right....based on some 18th or 19th century doctor yet these theories are not FACT.

According to the Austrian pervert Sigmund Freud he thinks I want to sleep with my mommy....based on the sick theory I must have a mental issue because not once did I ever want to have sex with my mom.

To those who believe in prayer, try this as well, I have seen many released from depression but it is a hard task to complete... it needs to be done in earnest, with repentance, fasting and repetition is important. It took me 6 months.....no longer is depression a problem ....totally gone and has not returned (this happened before I found out about my cancer.... and now with cancer the depression has NOT returned..

I was given peace from within....I felt it leave my body....like stress does...

edit on 6-6-2017 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

The brains of teenagers do not get a chance to develop properly with medication, in the worst case scenario the meds will prevent your son dealing with his feelings and emotions about his mother, and it will backfire.

The witchcraft book is about trying to deal with the anger,frustration.

I wish strength for you and your family. Talk, communicate, be outside yourself and your beliefs, talk as human beings, nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

I have pancreas and kidney caner and it is a challenge so I know a little about how family reacts around a sick person.

Children in school discuss everything sometimes magic....The devil....seances and Ouija Boards...they want to experiment but from what you have said it appears your son is taking it hard concerning his mother's sickness. Maybe he thinks he can heal her with magic so he dove into it out of love.

Caring for a possible terminate patient is a BIG challenge and it is effecting you too. Stay with your wife ....don't forget through thick and thin ..... right?

Your son is going to need you more and more.....please be patient with him.....teenager, hormones, dating, school, mom is sick.... and believe me it is effecting him on a whole new scale. Most males have a deep connection to their mothers.

I know there is medication out here for depression but depression is a spiritual thing and NOT a mental thing and the medical field has no prescription for spiritual sickness because the do not believe. One reason why the medical field is not advancing, the fail to accept MANKIND has a spirit inside them....

Keep a CLOSE EYE on your son.....suicide ..... a special place in hell for those who take their life....(suicide) selbstmord (self-murder) EXCEPT those who are insane to not know right from wrong...

Now the wannabe doctors on ATS will crawl out of the wood work and start citing BOOK THEORY (mostly) THEORIES on SOME mental issues and believe they are right....based on some 18th or 19th century doctor yet these theories are not FACT.

According to the Austrian pervert Sigmund Freud he thinks I want to sleep with my mommy....based on the sick theory I must have a mental issue because not once did I ever want to have sex with my mom.

To those who believe in prayer, try this as well, I have seen many released from depression but it is a hard task to complete... it needs to be done in earnest, with repentance, fasting and repetition is important. It took me 6 months.....no longer is depression a problem ....totally gone and has not returned (this happened before I found out about my cancer.... and now with cancer the depression has NOT returned..

I was given peace from within....I felt it leave my body....like stress does...

Of course there is a spirit. But there is also a body. Yes, God can heal us. But sometimes he wants us to connect with the people who are there to heal us.

Depression isn't that boy's problem; it's PTSD, except it's not exactly Post.

I'm telling you from experience, Paxil will calm that boy down like it has helped me. If someone doesn't have trauma induced issues, then Paxil will not be good, of course.

And if that boy is anything like me, Seroquel will reduce the anger greatly.

And prayer is absolutely good as well.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

What I don't get is he's never like that around me , But when he gets around his Mother it's always a discussion about being depressed and they are off to the doctors without my consent.

Perhaps he doesn't want her to feel lonely. Now she isn't the "odd one out" because they both are "ill", albeit in different ways.

Perhaps she is encouraging it. Mothers have an instinct to protect, and this gives her something that she can "protect" him from. A distraction for her own problems, a chance to focus on someone else for a while, a chance to feel like a mother again.

Even teenagers love to be fussed over. Oh, it irritates and annoys them, they complain about it endlessly, but deep inside all of us there is still a little kid that loves the attention and feeling of being loved and looked after. He possibly realises that he doesn't know how much longer he has with her, and has found a way to get some of the attention. If that is the case, he might see you as trying to drive a wedge into his last chance to get that attention from her.

There are so many different possibilities, or it might be a little bit of everything. I'm not trying (and not able) to pinpoint the issue, I just want to encourage you to remember that people do things for the strangest reasons, but that doesn't automatically make it wrong. You might not understand why, or maybe you understand but still think it's stupid (which happens to me on a regular basis when listening to my own teenagers), but you need to remember that everyone has their own way of dealing with these highly emotional and difficult situations.

I do hope that your family situation resolves itself well.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

I think it's great that Paxil is helpful for you, I know you've had a rough time, but what has to be considered in this case is the patient's age -
- Unfortunately, for teenagers, Paxil is reported as one of the medications most likely to cause (or exacerbate) suicidal tendencies..

And to the OP:

You might consider speaking to a professional Grief Counselor about whether your son would benefit from that particular specialty of counseling -

- as it is probable that the boy (being intelligent and aware of his mother's prognosis) is very likely entering the beginning stages of the grief 'process' of which anger is a primary and volatile stage..

OP for more info on the 'stages of grief', look up Elizabeth Kubler-Ross..

My understanding is that in cases such as your wife's, the person's loved ones often begin to mourn before the 'end' - mourning actually can begin soon after it becomes clear that there will be no recovery from the illness..

edit on 29-6-2017 by lostgirl because: clarity

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
When I was 16 I dealt with the loss of my mom to her schizophrenia. I had to live with her in the house being all crazy and scary (and on top of all that we observed paranormal phenomena accompanying her illness) and was still expected to keep up my grades in a demanding academic program and behave and keep up some of the house and be supportive to anyone who needed it. All I ever heard was what was needed and expected of me so that our family could function through the crisis.

That was fine and I rose up to it all, but what ate me up inside to this very day is that nobody in the family except my grandmother ever asked how I was feeling about all of this and nobody ever even gave me a hug. Or perhaps my dad did, but if he did, it wasn't enough for me to remember it or draw strength from it. Support needs to be persistent and consistent.

My grandmother offered to let me live with her awhile and to switch to a school with less pressure and I wish I had taken her up on it. But guilt made me stay. I wish my dad had insisted I go and get out of the toxic environment at home. But he wanted me there for my mom. I realize now that subconsciously I felt like my dad decided there was a choice between my mom and me and he chose to sacrifice my life for hers. Maybe that's not fair but kids see things differently.

Therapists are all well and good and should definitely be consulted. But nothing takes the place of a dad giving their kid a hug and asking how you are feeling and taking you by the hand and saying "This all is some s*** isn't it, but we are strong and will get through together. You're doing well, considering and I'm proud of you." If I could have heard those words it would have kept me from acting out later in life. I also became a very angry atheist for a time. Turning to witchcraft might be your son's way of registering his displeasure with what he may see as an indifferent God. Or just the very concept of God.

My husband also had to be the pillar of the family when he was your son's age and his mom got very physically sick and mentally fell apart. Nobody ever acknowledged his feelings either. In fact his sister just took out her frustrations on him. His brother was self absorbed and was useless.

My husband held his parents together and to this day they never have thanked him for it. All he ever heard was what he was not doing well, especially his school work. He has an above genius level IQ, but he failed most of his classes and all he got was crap about it. Not once did his parents stop and think maybe he had too much on his plate and something had to give. He struggled for awhile to catch up but he did and is now very successful, so don't think your son falling behind now means his future is at jeopardy for all time. Yes the world is competitive but people have to overcome these setbacks all the time. The important thing to focus on is his mental health.

You sound like a great dad. You don't need to give your son very many material things. You don't even need to lavish any praise on him if he's not behaving very well. But please keep asking him how he feels, even if he glares at you and shuts you out. And if you havent already, thank him for hanging in there as well as he has. If he won't let you hug him then at least pat his shoulder or something. Touch is important to establishing rapport. It's kind of like approaching a wounded animal and gaining their trust. You may need to reconnect with him. The connection with him could have been damaged even if you don't realize it. I don't mean to presume. I'm just speculating based on what you've observed and related to us.

FWIW, I was treated for PTSD and post partum depression for about 3 years with Zoloft. It really helped me but the side effects included suicidal impulses and eventually, I started having thought patterns sort of like a psychopath's. I lost empathy and had random violent thoughts. As an adult, I was aware of the side effects and had all of this carefully managed by my doctor who agreed it was necessary to wean me from the medication. I do credit the medication for putting me on a healthy footing, and am a firm believer in the benefits of a carefully managed medical regimen to treat depression, but people do need to be aware the side effects can be very dangerous, especially for teens and young adults.

I'm sorry for all that you are going through as a family and I wish you all the best. Everything I wrote is well meant so please don't take offense if it actually doesn't apply to your situation. I can only draw from my own experiences and don't presume to do anything but guess at yours.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

That is very insightful and good advice. Even if there's no terminal illness involved ordinary kids go through hell mourning the loss of their childhood. That's why the tween and teen years are so challenging. This poor young man has so much changing around him. He needs all the help and support and understanding he can get. And some boundaries and discipline are still needed. Even with him going through so much hardship he still is not an adult and still needs boundaries set and for dad to step in and guide him lovingly and firmly as to what is harmful and not to be tolerated. That is no easy task even under the best of circumstances. As a mom to a teen I deal with it myself. I wish love and courage for this family.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I don't believe your son is possessed. I recently read some articles about possession and mental illness, there are people of the church who still do excorcisms and also have links to psychiatry. However I don't believe in psychiatry but it's one of the few organizations that might help, if it works for you.

I just wanted to say you should go to church more often with your son and believe more in God and Jesus, they are there to lend spiritual support even if it is just being amongst people who want to be positive. Wish you the best in dealing with negativity and hope you and your loved ones remain positive and don't ever give in to negativity and darkness.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The mind and body need proper hydration to function correctly. Alkalized water, made by electricity shrinks the water molecule and changes its state to offer cellular hydration. Does he drink alot of soda or bottled water?

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
When they speak in voices and phenomenon start occurring ,otherwise its a teenager,sneak in some holy water and spill it on him.
I became what I am because I had no guidance after 14, TALK is the only way.
THAT is the best weapon even though males are stubborn mostly at that age, let things go and try to be as calm as possible.

edit on 13-8-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join