It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to decipher between mental illness and possession.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Back story , My wife has been dealing with brain cancer which effected they way she acted Yelling and Screaming and just grabbing a hold of anything for days her target was my sons performance in school and acting to the point I had to stop it by threatening to leave.

Now my son is borderline genius he's 16 and has always been strong, Now he's threatening suicide or has suicidal thoughts but no plan of action according to him and his doctors. He just got put on Prozac a small dose just started it Thursday .

His symptoms are
Anger
lethargy
feeling of being scared of everything
anxiety.

He's failing this year in school FFFF he does the work doesn't turn it in. The reason I'm questioning it is I caught him with a Witchcraft book , I saw something in him that's making me think he might have done something . He's stood up in my Face with just pure hate in his eyes it wasn't my son the Kid that still tells me he loves me everyday. This happened because I told him to go to bed at midnight and he shouldn't be playing violent video games anymore he's on meds now. Well my wife took him to doctors appointment the next day - I secretly told on him for using suicide as a weapon. When he got home it' was Hi Dad with a smile , But shortly after that he didn't know it but I caught 2 glances of pure hatred when he thought I wasn't looking not like him at all.

Any advise I would appreciate. I need to know if he's opened up something or this is just a product of being 16 in today's world.
edit on 6/5/2017 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91
Sorry about your wife's cancer and your boy's state of mind. The fact is, Prozac, like ALL anti-depressants can cause SEVERE reactions in teens. He may have been depressed over his mom's cancer and the Prozac exasperated the problem.

Antidepressants increased the risk of suicidal thoughts and behavior in children, adolescents, and young adults in short-term studies.

Report any new or worsening symptoms to your doctor, such as: mood or behavior changes, anxiety, panic attacks, trouble sleeping, or if you feel impulsive, irritable, agitated, hostile, aggressive, restless, hyperactive (mentally or physically), more depressed, or have thoughts about suicide or hurting yourself.

www.rxlist.com...
edit on 6/5/2017 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Yea I read that also but he's only been on it for like 3 days and his doctor said it would take a few weeks to kick in because of the low dose..

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I just added on to my original post. Could be he was suffering from depression because of your wife's illness coupled with the fact she targeted him and his grades. It probably pushed him over the edge. All kids his age get moody from time to time, including my 16 year old son. Your son has gone through a lot and I do believe the Prozac may make things worse. He should see a counselor and perhaps try a more holistic approach.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I agree He is seeing both psychologist and psychiatrist. He even started taking AP psychology which I wish he hadn't , Just scared to death for the kid. The 1st night he had the whole bottle of pills when I told him he couldn't have them they will be given to him , He freaked out threaten to take the whole bottle a slit his wist - Which is why he got busted by his doctor I wanted him drug tested before he was given anything but I wasn't listened to because to me that looked like addiction to something he hasn't taken yet. But the doctors say Prozac isn't addictive?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

There is no such thing as witchcraft or possession.Having a Dad who deals with him this way can only cause harm.
Try being rational, he like you, has an amazing amount of stuff to deal with, only he is just a kid. DON'T become a huge part of the problem!

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
He has that book because he is unhappy with his home or school situation. Hes looking for an alternative. He doesnt feel like people are listening to him or helping him in a way that makes sense to him.

There may be spirits, but that book itself isnt a problem. Its a reaction to a problem.

I know this from experience. Talk to him without talking down to him to see whats up and dont be judgmental to his response. You have to open communication that he is going to feel comfortable with and thats not easy with a high school kid.

edit on 5-6-2017 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Any advise I would appreciate. I need to know if he's opened up something or this is just a product of being 16 in today's world.

Witchcraft and/or possession would be at the furthest end of my list of possibilities, somewhere after UFO abduction and being bitten by a radioactive spider.

Experimenting with drugs, bad influences, all things to consider.

An emergent mental health disorder is a possibility, but there is something that is much more likely...

...He's a 16 year old kid who is smart enough to realise how bad things are at home and is struggling to cope. He has the fear of actually losing his mother to cancer, and the pain of... well, effectively already losing her, if the cancer is making her act so differently. He's seeing the same face of that person he knows and loves, but she is (presumably, from your description) sometimes acting like a completely different person.

People make stupid, irrational, sometimes even self destructive decisions when they are stressed and upset. It can be worse for men because we tend to have the mindset that we need to be "the strong one" who keep those worries internalised - and at 16, he's starting to think of himself more as a "man" than a "boy". He's lost the freedom that a child has to curl up in their parents' lap and cry it out, but hasn't yet gained the maturity needed to process such a horribly difficult situation. Being smart doesn't make that any easier - in fact, being smart enough to understand the repercussions of his mother's illness can make things worse.

Another angle to consider is self-identification. This is the age where your son is starting to build his own individual identity as a person, not just a child. It's like an egg hatching, lots of pushing and cracking and fighting to break the shell, wings start to stretch out for the first time. Teenagers have a reputation for being selfish because it's part of their transition and development as an individual, realigning their internal goals from "doing what mom and pop say" to "making my own decisions and directing my own future". Except... he now has a sick parent. It's like wrapping that egg with a bit of duct tape. He's got to struggle with the need to break away, the feeling of responsibility to stay and support, resentment that he has to face this struggle, guilt that he feels resentment, anger that he's in a situation that makes him feel guilty... that's a lot of struggle going on.

Basically, I reckon he's dealing with a lot of tough things at a point in life that is already pretty difficult.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

I very much agree with Bob. I will add that pushing against what hes doing is the last thing you should do if you want to help.

Also, that I feel for your situation. That is incredibly difficult and i wish you the best.
edit on 5-6-2017 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Firstly, I offer you my deepest sympathy. You have been given a very heavy cross to bear having to deal with two of your family being unwell.

I think (hope) I might have at least a partial answer about your son. I went through teen depression myself, so I understand quite well what he is going through.

First off, is / was your son close to his mother? I get the feeling from what you write he might have been until depression hit. If the answer is yes, then he is freaking out because she is unwell and he is scared of losing her. Teenagers are moody by nature - it's all those hormones racing around in their body. Depression will make all of those symptoms you write of appear.

I do not know how bad your son's depression is, but I would say this; Prozac is not the answer. You mention he is quite the academic, but is now failing. The exact same thing happened to me. That is the depression talking - there is some problem that is so big to him that it is literally taking all his mental energy leaving none to spare for school work and study.

Does / did he have a favourite activity? Preferably something physical ie riding a bike, running, sport etc etc. If he does then make some father / son time and try to do the activity with him. The endorphins the brain release are far better than any antidepressant. If you can get him exercising regularly it will be a massive help.

As for that witchcraft book; I have a theory. I might be completely off, but hear me out. I believe he might be so desperate to see his mother get well that he is willing to try anything. Literally anything. Including witchcraft. It is natural for a brilliant mind to believe it can go beyond what the rest of us can achieve and delve into the unknown.

If the above is true, then I believe the blind rage you witnessed from your son is the admission of failure and a feeling of desperation because there is literally nothing he can do to influence the outcome with his mother. He would have taken it out on you because you are 'there'.

If any of this is helpful, please feel free to PM me and I would be happy to talk to you in private about this.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Thoughts....

Some men react badly with severe illness in families. They totally shut down emotionally, because they emotionally unable to deal with the situation. Would that describe you? It would help explain your sons anger towards you.

I also wonder if he is looking at magic to try find a way to save his mother from cancer.

If your wifes cancer is terminal I would search alternative medications and talk to your son as to what he thinks the family should do to help his mother (work as a unit instead shutting the door on him).

For your son, the only way to disperse deep emoitions is deep meditation. Medication only hides the emotions from surfacing at the concious level. The emotions are still bottling up subconsciously.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I'm is Father I would rather fight Satan then not being able to help him so yes grasping at straws , He was close to her and a happy kid but that stuff was eating at her frontal lobe and totally changed her personality . What I don't get is he's never like that around me , But when he gets around his Mother it's always a discussion about being depressed and they are off to the doctors without my consent . And now it's like he's got a free ride ticket since he got the doctors to diagnose him with depression. The kid has everything and gets anything he wants I've made sure of that."Dad I broke my phone well lets go get it fixed right now kinda thing. he's not into anything physical and I tell him come workout with me and you will feel better about yourself nope just wants to hang in his room.

Thanks everyone for the advise .

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Nope can't shut down this has been a 14 year situation grade 1 grade 2 now grade 3 but now she has had 2 surgerys and radation on chemo for another year , He did tell me every time it gets better it ends up getting worse , I've been there every time she needed to be picked up , Have not left because it's not her fault and I wouldn't be a man if I did I've lost my wife . some times she's good other times you can see her trying to understand got to hand it to her she's a fighter she was a Nurse with BSN so now everything is pill pill pill . I've lost the girl I had but like I said not her fault ,I just can't have 2 people that all the do is stare at the TV. Cancer is evil and I can't let it take him also . I've seen what messing with stuff like Witchcraft can do in the wrong hands so I was reaching . I want to thank everyone for the respect in this situation not one off the wall responce.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Yea I read that also but he's only been on it for like 3 days and his doctor said it would take a few weeks to kick in because of the low dose..

I got meds once to try to combat chronic fatigue. The second day I took them, I was completely wired like someone on amphetamines. I couldn't even sit down to eat, I'd stick food in my mouth and then quickly pace around the kitchen while I chewed it. I went from being a completely calm, mentally stable person to having a medication-induced emotional breakdown and having to be taken to the hospital by ambulance. I'll never touch medication again. Don't underestimate meds, ESPECIALLY Prozac. Kids have been known to fly off the hook on that stuff.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Bull. Prozak sent me reeling after the first two doses.

Off with prozak immediately. Paxil is what you should request. And fast.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Oh my, my heart goes to you and family Gargoyle91, she must be a fighter to have survived so long. The medical profession is finally trialling cannabis-derived therapy for some types of brain cancers here so hopefully there will be a bit of light around the corner.

I am glad you have stuck by her. Yes you have manned up, you should be proud yourself.

Tell your son the two wolves story....

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy.

It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. He continued,

The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?” The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed".

Suggest you try dissipating the tension and frustration from your mind and your sons by looking to do yoga, deep meditation or even learning tai chi.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Yea I'm taking over and told Her that no dicision's can be made anymore without my being there or without my consent. Im seeing his doctor Friday and the Prozac is gone . I tried to give her all the respect in the world . But now she's got to understand she's making mistakes . She didn't even understand why I was mad that she handed a 16 year old a bottle of pills to take on his own after susidal thoughts . Guess it's that time.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Back story , My wife has been dealing with brain cancer which effected they way she acted Yelling and Screaming and just grabbing a hold of anything for days her target was my sons performance in school and acting to the point I had to stop it by threatening to leave.

Now my son is borderline genius he's 16 and has always been strong, Now he's threatening suicide or has suicidal thoughts but no plan of action according to him and his doctors. He just got put on Prozac a small dose just started it Thursday .

His symptoms are
Anger
lethargy
feeling of being scared of everything
anxiety.

He's failing this year in school FFFF he does the work doesn't turn it in. The reason I'm questioning it is I caught him with a Witchcraft book , I saw something in him that's making me think he might have done something . He's stood up in my Face with just pure hate in his eyes it wasn't my son the Kid that still tells me he loves me everyday. This happened because I told him to go to bed at midnight and he shouldn't be playing violent video games anymore he's on meds now. Well my wife took him to doctors appointment the next day - I secretly told on him for using suicide as a weapon. When he got home it' was Hi Dad with a smile , But shortly after that he didn't know it but I caught 2 glances of pure hatred when he thought I wasn't looking not like him at all.

Bad thing about these antidepressants is bad mental things happen when alcohol or common street drugs are used. And well, you got a teenager. Many party lie and say they don't.

You have a handful. Big time. You're pretty much screwed. Make sure your mental health is ok as you try to rationalize wtf happened to everyone.

All you can do is accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and pray for your boy. It works from a distance if you have an established relationship with Jesus. Real belief in His miracles. Read Book of John. This way isn't easy either but at least you'll experience times of genuine peace and joy.

Praying for you all.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

Bull. Prozak sent me reeling after the first two doses.

Off with prozak immediately. Paxil is what you should request. And fast.

Oh hell no. Paxil induces the false outgoing personality. Paxil is bad. Bad. Bad. It opens the door to the subconscious darkside. Total trickster drug. Dark people love Paxil because they become addicted to being ok with being an outgoing sociopath. And by george if you drink alcohol, anyone around you is fkd, likely addicted to the extroverted drama king or queen you've falsly become. All the head drugs will fk you up.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Blessings

Maybe It won't work because maybe he is emotional as of now and always sees himself as a victim, he's not in the right mood, he doesn't feel like etc, you must make yourself the victim appeal to his moral compass. As of now he only sees himself as the one that is hurt and lonely, he must know that your are lonely too that you are hurt too. When you try hanging out or talking and he doesn't want feel like it, you have to make sure that he knows that it hurts you, and he has to see it, Sounds to me like you are just "dad", he has to know that you have emotions too and only then will he soon come to realize that maybe a talk here and there or that that maybe a gym ride wouldn't hurt anyone at all.

And maybe he is practicing witch craft as it is his last hope as the doctors have told him that they cannot save his mother?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join