It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top-Secret NSA Report Details Russian Hacking Effort Days Before 2016 Election

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: abago71

The arrest warrant is dated 06/03/2017

It also says of the documents, "The contractor informed the Reporter that he though that the documents were fake."

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid

I have another question, you can't gain access to a function of a computer that doesn't exist, no matter if you use a virus, or have access to the computer at a desk.

What I mean is, if I have remote access to your computer, I can't open excel unless you have excel installed.

why would so many people have access to computers that have the capability to change the information in voting machines? seems like a massive security oversight to say the least.

I really hope there aren't 100s of people nationwide who have the capability on their computers to edit results, seems pointless.

You have to take into consideration WHO manufactures the voting system targeted.
'VR systems' is a competitor, used in alternative states and districts, to a George Soros-linked system manufacturer, called SmartMatic.

VR systems is suggested as the company named and 'masked' in the document...There is evidence to reinforce this within the document itself.

This document was most likely originally commissioned and produced for an alternative purpose (instigated by the CIA)--to purposely and publicly discredit Soros's voting machine competitor VR Systems...BEFORE the 2020 elections...under an expected Hillary win in 2016.

The document became useless for that purpose after Hillary's election loss...so was hurriedly re-tasked for THIS purpose.
edit on 6-6-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Russia does not have to undermine and alter the democratic process in America. The Republicans and Democrats beat them to it in conjunction with mainstream media long ago. Look what happened to Bernie Sanders. He was clearly the favorite of The People and would have easily beaten Hillary Clinton if the DNC did not game the primaries. Even then she barely squeaked by. There was nothing democratic about that process at all. But more importantly, democracy has been long gone from America which is controlled by Big Money instead. Very few policies are implemented according to the will of The People. Yeah, theoretically it is possible for voters to elect caring representatives, but the system is designed to undermine that and it works. Obviously.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Something to think about here, what if they weren't trying to affect the presidential election? Everybody is focused on that, but what if that wasn't what they were trying to do?

Which "local government officials" were targeted? Which cities? They could have been trying to affect congress races, or even local elections. Perhaps they have business interests in certain places and were trying to get local politicians in that would be more amenable to backroom deals.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid

I have another question, you can't gain access to a function of a computer that doesn't exist, no matter if you use a virus, or have access to the computer at a desk.

What I mean is, if I have remote access to your computer, I can't open excel unless you have excel installed.

why would so many people have access to computers that have the capability to change the information in voting machines? seems like a massive security oversight to say the least.

I really hope there aren't 100s of people nationwide who have the capability on their computers to edit results, seems pointless.

The people targeted wouldn't need to have that capability on their home computer. A common tactic in the hacking world is to target a person's home computer in hopes that said person connects a flash drive or their phone or something to it so that device can also be infected. They then bring the infected device into work and connect it to something there giving the hackers a way in to the computers that have the capabilities or information that they are after.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Reality Winner leaves the Air Force and quickly goes to work at a presumably high paying job where she leaks documents after 4 months employment. Doesn't hide her tracks and immediately confesses.

If she was a linguist in 3 Arabic languages, I think she could find plenty to leak concerning Middle East Intel as opposed to specifically searching for "Russian" docs.

I see this as 3 possible scenarios:

1. Story is staged to make the Trump administration look swift and tough on leakers.
2. Story is staged to prompt more young millennial's to start leaking.
3. She is just an Idiot.

Im not sure yet, but i'm leaning towards 3.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Roxxo

Yeah, but that is usually called a Worm virus

This is described by the NSA who should know the difference as "phishing"

If it were a worm virus it is very very unlikely you would be able to contain it to ONLY effect a certain flash drive and a certain voting machine.

What I mean is if it were a worm virus that spread itself to other computers it would NOT be isolated, it would be all over the place.

computer.howstuffworks.com...

In other words you shouldn't be able to use information found on some guys email account to hack a voting machine at a remote location, unless it was predesigned or poorly designed.

The easiest way to do this securely is have a ballot box with a hard drive inside of it, not connected to the internet. Have people place there votes. Take the hard drive to a location with the counting machine, which is also not connected to the internet. Then release the results after counting them.

So unless the machine was hacked from day one there would be no possible way to infect it, since it isn't connected to a network.

Any IT professional would think of this, so this either gross neglect or intentional.
edit on 6-6-2017 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Yea Reality Winner, its like an obvious made up name, and then they threw in a trifecta of foreign languages so the public mind can subliminally connect the perp to Iran or Afghanistan or even Arab terrorists and get even more hateful. I think maybe they just trying to show the IC community what will happen if they continue to choose to follow the orders of their money boss cronies and betray the USA out of dislike for true capitalism.

The bastards!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

Trump didn't win by a landslide. He barely squeezed in under the wire.
Revisionist history and it was only eight months ago. Lol.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

Trump didn't win by a landslide. He barely squeezed in under the wire.
Revisionist history and it was only eight months ago. Lol.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

If one thinks that...one would be wrong. How could they make them un-see it lol.
And then the freedom of the press thing.
But it sounds good right?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Oh ...are we admitting Russia hacked the DNC?

No one hacked the Clinton's server..remember?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: gimcrackery
This is nothing new for the Russians or for America.

I am confused?

Does it happen all the time?

Or did it never happen and Russian Influence is fake news?

...Or is it whatever works?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I tend to believe the other shoe hasn't dropped yet.

She leaked docs that confirmed specifics of what the Russians tried, but much of it was already reported.

She is super smart..Speaks several Arabic languages, working as an analyst at NSA..

She has no reason to leak these particular docs and she immediately confessed when asked.

She has something in her other pocket IMO.

Not sure what it might be, but this is a curious case..

If she has a surprise in her other pocket, it will either never be known and she will get no jail time...or it will go public before trial.

Could be wrong..But this is an odd case.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

And apparently, even though she would have been caught, since she was only one of six people who had access to that particular document, The Intercept was negligent in adequately protecting its source.

Twitter Thread

Curious case indeed.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

She is super smart..Speaks several Arabic languages, working as an analyst at NSA..

IMHO, Many "super smart" people lack in the common sense department and vice-versa.

And you can be a polygot without being smart.
Link to Wikipedia on Polyglotism
While a savant generally refers to an individual with a natural and/or innate talent for a particular field, people diagnosed with Savant syndrome are typically individuals with significant mental disabilities who demonstrate profound and prodigious capacities and/or abilities far in excess of what would be considered normal,[10][11] occasionally including the capacity for languages. The condition is associated with an increased memory capacity, which would aid in the storage and retrieval of knowledge of a language.[12]

In 1991, for example, Neil Smith and Ianthi-Maria Tsimpli described "Christopher", a man with non-verbal IQ scores between 40 and 70, who learned 16 languages. Christopher was born in 1962. Approximately six months after his birth, he was diagnosed with brain damage.[13] Despite being institutionalized because he was unable to take care of himself, Christopher had a verbal IQ of 89, was able to speak English with no impairment, and could learn subsequent languages with apparent ease. This facility with language and communication is considered unusual among savants.[14]

I'm not saying she isn't smart. I just don't think that alone(polyglotism) is a reason to classify her as one.

I am very curious to see if another shoe drops as well.
edit on 6-6-2017 by abago71 because: added last line.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

And apparently, even though she would have been caught, since she was only one of six people who had access to that particular document, The Intercept was negligent in adequately protecting its source.

Twitter Thread

Curious case indeed.

Yep.

Lot's of strange questions. Given her experience she would have known what came next. Apparently she left an easy to follow email trail from her to the Intercept..Everyone has anonymous, encrypted, virtually untracable digital drop boxes these days for those things. She didn't even wait for a lawyer...just immediately said, yep, it was me?

Pluribus International?...No one on LinkedIn...the site is now offline/gone, though google still shows the preview links...Cache view doesn't work..haven't checked the wayback machine yet.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I went to the Pluribus website earlier today.
They have several job openings!
Currently looking for linguists and IT.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

True...Still a strange case..A little more on her here..

Her mother, Billie Winner-Davis told the Guardian her daughter graduated from H.M. King in Kingsville, Texas, excelled in academics, tennis, and athletics. She joined the military shortly afterward, Winner-Davis said.

Winner served in the U.S. Air Force from January 2013 until February of this year when she began working with Pluribus where she had top-secret clearance, the FBI affidavit said. Task & Purpose, citing an Air Force source, reported Winner served as an airman first class with the 94th Intelligence Squadron at Fort Meade, Maryland, until earlier this year. Winner-Davis told the Guardian her daughter, who is fluent in Farsi, Dari, and Pashto, had been a linguist for the air force.

www.theatlantic.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: abago71

I went to the Pluribus website earlier today.
They have several job openings!
Currently looking for linguists and IT.

Be prepared to have your friends interviewed and a pretty thorough security screening

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join