It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't like terrorism? Stop selling them weapons.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Stop selling them panel vans and knives as well then yes?
I'm sure the House of Saud didn't pay for that hired van.

If I were a Syrian or an Iraqi whose family had been killed by weapons supplied from this country then it might be that I would want to get revenge and use any means available. Using cars or knives doesn't alter the fact that the initial deaths were caused by supplying arms to terrorists.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Read my edit

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Oh I agree, that would be a MUUUUUUUCH better alternative for sure. But Trump still sold billions worth of weapons to terrorist financiers, that's the reality of things.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

You apologising and making excuses for terrorists now?
New low for you lol

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Read my edit

My post still stands. Don't make it any easier. Make it as hard as possible to provide weapons to terrorists. Extreme measures are needed sometimes, right?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I understand it has great humanitarian costs... I have compassion for people... way more than I'd ever offer money... I completely agree.

But we have to look at history here, and how history determines the economic choices of a world super power. The ME has been fighting for centuries. Hell, Christopher Columbus was willing to sail off the edge of the damn world to avoid the conflicts in the ME. I hate to bring it up, but it is REALLY relevant... that close to half of the Arab world is INBRED.

pjmedia.com...

Its been acceptable for over 1400 years to marry and procreate with 1st cousins within the Arab world... as it was promoted by the Muslim hierarchy. Well, look what the south in the U.S. got when they tried inbreeding? That's right, they realized what was happening and stopped it. Well, the Arab world has not, and the symptoms of being inbred are pretty much a list of what ISIS and these other jihadists groups act as.

Now that I brought that KEY point up, it moves on to the U.S. and how in immoral fashions exploits these bad choices of past by the Arab world. If they have been killing each other for 1000's of years with no end in sight, then it will equate to a 100% certainty that the world super power will take benefit from the massive amounts of money that are traded around arms. The U.S. is happy to sell them the arms to kill each other. If the U.S. sat back and let another country arm these fools, then I can almost guarantee that the U.S. would not be the world super power, or would be soon on its way out the door as top dog.

As much as the arms we send in for these inbred Arabs to kill each other may be the wrong choice, it will not stop anytime soon. If morals somehow surface and the U.S. sets policy on people before finances, then we will also enter into an economic depression that is unlike anything ever witnessed in the world before... because it will take out the global economy.

I'd like to see that rug pulled out, but I get the feeling the bulk of Americans are ok with people killing each other outside the U.S.. We won't here the typical American crying over this until a terror attack happens in the U.S. and directly affects them. The law of averages in on the side of deceit here, sorry.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Because you made a point in your OP that 'if you don't want terrorism, stop selling them weapons' when people have made it VERY CLEAR, that none of the weapons being sold to the Saudis or the like, are being used in the current wave of cowardly attacks. Even attacks in other countries are using home sourced weaponry and explosives.

These c*nts are using vehicles, knives, home made bombs. They are not using military grade weapons.

So, great - stop selling weapons to the Saudis -- I completely agree. But it won't change anything. These useless sacks of sh*t will STILL attack using whatever they can because of their ideology. It isn't about the weapons. It's the mindset. They believe in a caliphate and that everyone must succumb to that horrible way of life or die.

What difference will weapons and arms deals between the US/UK and the Middle East make? Not much.
edit on 4-6-2017 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: grainofsand

Jeez man, no one is saying anything about knives or vans. Why sell them guns period? They're terrorists, how would NOT selling them guns help them? It would seem that NOT selling terrorists weapons would be a good thing.

Deflecting to other types of weapons has nothing to do with the premise of this thread.

Firearms have not been used in Islamic terrorist attacks in the UK.
Selling Saudi arms didn't pay for the hire van or knives the killers used yesterday.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

But Trump still sold billions worth of weapons to terrorist financiers.

I know, everyone in the US government has been for ages, particularly the CIA, but the problem has now been imported to foreign lands and has now become home grown.

...and you'll notice that I nominated the ideology as the problem, not the ongoing sale of weapons to SA, yes that's a problem, but it's not the problem.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

You don't know the reality of war, if your neighborhood and town were destroyed and your family friends the ones killed you don't know what you would do. It doesn't excuse what they do AT ALL, they are sick human beings, but it does help to explain why they do what they do, it's all they've ever known growing up in the wartorn Middle East. You are a product of your environment.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Like I said earlier, I didn't say I agreed with the weapons.

But I'm also not naive enough to believe that giving them weapons makes them, and that taking away the weapons breaks them.
edit on 4-6-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

So Trump is no different than the others and is a puppet of big oil, funding his enemies in his own fight against terrorism.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

The Manchester bomber didn't experience any war zones, and I'll bet my house that the three yesterday have all been brought up in Britain.
Explain the Manchester bomber?
Go on, apologise for him as well.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Yesterdays attack used knives and a vehicle, now what?

Maybe now they won't be forced to use knives. Guns are much more effective, and perhaps we've improved their access.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

You apologising and making excuses for terrorists now?
New low for you lol

You know the point that I was making.

I find it sad that somehow we in the West have become akin to 'gun runners' and that our economies are intrinsically bound to it. I make no excuses for terrorism, to my mind there is no excuse for killing an innocent. I am not for killing anyone really.

Hey, it's nice to talk again my friend.

Regards midicon

Edit to add...

The OP didn't mention the UK terrorist attacks. Terrorist attacks in the ME are every bit as relevant.
edit on 4-6-2017 by midicon because: (no reason given)

link   

It doesn't excuse what they do AT ALL, they are sick human beings, but it does help to explain why they do what they do, it's all they've ever known growing up in the wartorn Middle East. You are a product of your environment.

True, but they all shout 'Allah Ackbar' or the like when they then kill innocent people.

They aren't yelling, "This is for my mum" - they are doing it in the name of the Islamic faith they believe in.

Like everyone else, they have a choice. And they choose to kill innocent people.

I've had truly horrible things happen to people I care about in my life. I haven't picked up a weapon and attacked those that are to blame. Or killed random innocent people. Nor do I cherry pick any verse or page from a holy book and fit it to my narrative to suit what I want. I'm not that weak or cowardly or believe in any bullsh*t religion that endorses violence when it suits you.

link   

It doesn't sound right, because it isn't right.

But, what American voters don't understand is that the Red/Blue regime are one in the same. If you vote Red/Blue, then its a vote to continue this mess.

Gary Johnson got laughed at when asked about his ME policy thoughts. He said, "I think its time to get out of there.'

I am tired of voters not taking responsibility for this. WE vote these policy makers in... WE are to blame for NOT taking back the tyranny of 2 party legacies. We have people on here throwing blame on Trump, for what has been going on for decades upon decades???

Well, if all you Red/Blue voters are so smart and know that these party influencers are such a great cause to this, then why the HELL do you people keep voting them into office. I see it as a vote to keep much of the same 2 party nonsense going, yet the common idiot voter thinks that somehow one of these parties are going to magically pull their heads out of their butts.

You all can't vote these people into office, then stand back and point fingers at them... without owning up to the responsibility of allowing these clowns to decide for us. If people just want to cry about it, and do nothing to stop it... well, then it's just pretty much a rant session, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Gary Johnson got laughed at when asked about his ME policy thoughts. He said, "I think its time to get out of there.'

Are you talking about the person who asked "What is an Aleppo?" That person? Sorry, couldn't resist the jab.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Why dont we cancel Trident and use the £200 billion to defend our streets with thousands of more police and counter intelligence units. Trident is and always has been a colossal waste of money. If we ever have to use it we are all #ed anyway.
edit on 4-6-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I know you weren't really, of course, just tackling the issue that most of our extremist Islamist killers have never suffered in ME warzones, and Saudi hasn't paid for their hire van or knives.
...good to see you back fella, haven't seen you post in a while.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join