It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't like terrorism? Stop selling them weapons.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Give them a few weapons for free. Maybe a few dozen mirv's targeted at where the support networks for IS are based....

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

If you think that we weren't already forced to ride the wave of the Saudis financial influence for propping up the Petro dollars all these years would have been different if Hillary were voted in, then you are just one those people who think all answers shall come from a Red or Blue source.

You red/blue voters are to blame here... not the policy makers you all voted in.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Typical American posters completely aloof to IS terrorism attacks happening in Africa and the Middle East, this year, with lots of guns and bombs. The only care is to make fun of other Americans, "Oh we should ban spoons now because spoons make people fat..." Ok got it, thanks for your input and your level of awareness.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Yet we are still basically funding our enemies in the war on terror by selling them guns. If anything this shows that Trump is beholden to big oil just like any other president and is the same puppet with a different costume on.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

So let's give then even more guns and bombs! What could go wrong?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

And while we bend over backwards for Saudi Arabia they are funding the terrorism we are trying to get rid of.

How is helping Saudi Arabia to fund terrorists helping us in our fight on terrorism?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I had a machinist buddy that works or worked with a security clearance. He told me of a project he had going on, where he was machining the radius of a missile tip to be different, yet the tips were being assembled onto the same bomb/missile. He was told that the missiles/bombs were being sold to opposing forces with different tip radius' so analysts could determine who dropped which bomb one whom... we essentially fund all sides of war, as it is the primary profit engine of super power economics. War is a business outside this country... its only a problem if it gets to the streets of the U.S.

It will remain this way until we wee the Red/Blue influence fall to a substandard practice.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

But at what cost?

I mean due to Saudi financing, they managed to spread Wahhabism across the world and are giving places like Europe a hard time:

edit on 6/4/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

It's not the weapons that make terrorists.

Terrorism will always find a way, with or without guns.

Terrorism is an ideology, not some military that needs funding.
edit on 4-6-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Agreed - they should sell them to the British public - at wholesale, ship them today.
edit on 4-6-2017 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Well then, if we can make good money by selling weapons to ISIS, by all means, let's do it!

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

And while we bend over backwards for Saudi Arabia they are funding the terrorism we are trying to get rid of.

How is helping Saudi Arabia to fund terrorists helping us in our fight on terrorism?

Well we have no idea what the behind-the-scenes agreements are. They are opening that Anti-Terrorism center in Saudi Arabia, maybe they agreed to pull back on terrorism in exchange for weapons that will allow them to be strong enough not to need terrorist tactics. Or maybe fighting terrorism is just a side show, and maintaining Economic/Military dominance is the main event.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

So terrorism and war is ok only as long as we're the ones funding it and it's happening to other people?

The soldiers we're sending over to fight those terrorists in the Middle East? They're being killed with guns that were supplied by Saudi Arabia who in turn got them from the U.S.. We're basically killing our own soldiers with this gun deal with the Saudis.

Doesn't sound right in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Stop selling them panel vans and knives as well then yes?
I'm sure the House of Saud didn't pay for that hired van.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

It's not the weapons that make terrorists.

Terrorism will always find a way, with or without guns.

Terrorism is an ideology, not some military that needs funding.

Unless of course that terrorism is in places like the ME where terrorist factions are indeed military.

The destruction of countries like Libya and Syria I am sure has also helped promote the terrorist ideology.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

My thread is in response to the sudden outcry against terrorism on these boards, culminating from multiple terrorist attacks not just one.

I never mentioned any particular attack in my OP ands obviously guns had nothing to do with the recent ones so I couldn't be talking about them.

My focus was terrorism in general not any specific attack.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I didn't say I agreed with selling them weapons. I don't know much about the landscape of world business to give anything other than my opinion of it.

I'm just saying, that acting like selling SA weapons is the cause for terrorism is a fallacy.

ETA: or thinking if you stop selling SA weapons that it will end terrorism..
edit on 4-6-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Ever wonder why Obama did not like the Saudis? Because they are Sunni. Who did Obama sell weapons to by proxy? The Shia. Look at a map of Sunni/Shia land.

Sunni - Saudi, Libya, Egypt, Israel - All places the last administration attacked or hated.
Shia - Iraq, Iran, Yemen, Turkey, Syria, Afghanistan and Pakistan - All hotbeds of terror activity and countries we have or will invade

Saudi Arabia is arming themselves because they are surrounded by the Shia. If they want to buy from us, why not? It helps our economy and can help to allow them to fight the battles we are currently in.

Benghazi? yeah, they were investigating the State Department sale of weapons directly to ISIS/ISIL and they were allowed to be killed by the people who made the sale. Care to guess who that was?

It is really pretty simple. As far as SA being a producer of terrorists? I look at them like the Middle Eastern US. We have a lot of crazies here in the US also. It is business.
edit on 06pm30pmf0000002017-06-04T12:14:47-05:001247 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Not selling weapons to a country that is known for Wahabism and for funding terrorists seems like a no-brainer to me.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Jeez man, no one is saying anything about knives or vans. Why sell them guns period? They're terrorists, how would NOT selling them guns help them? It would seem that NOT selling terrorists weapons would be a good thing.

Deflecting to other types of weapons has nothing to do with the premise of this thread.
edit on 6/4/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join