It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye my feline friend named Chance.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
A few years ago I made a post about a cat that had passed away and quite a few ATS friends responded with heartfelt words.

Sadly tonight another cat named Chance from the family unexpectedly passed away.

She had a good weekend , leaving for work this morning everything seemed normal including her behavior. As soon as I got home I knew something was wrong as she was not at the door nor was she responding to me. At a certain point she came into the room vocalizing in obvious distress and was stumbling or unable to walk correctly. Very tough to see. Anyway, took her to the ER and the best guess was she had a stroke or cancer and stopped breathing about 2 hours ago.

Make sure you love your pets a little more tonight because you never know when your time with them will come to an end.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Chance is a beautiful name.

I'm sorry.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Make sure you love your pets a little more tonight because you never know when your time with them will come to an end.

Could not agree more

Sux losing a family member , I know how you feel, sorry for your loss.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I remember when you lost your last kitty ....I am so sorry for your loss today. it's heart breaking when we lose our fur babies, as they are our family too. ...my heart aches for you, as I know your pain...... have 2 cats myself ,and every day I hug Them....When they go, I will adopt more, and give those a home too...I hope you will consider adopting another kitty. I know it's too soon, but you sound like a great kitty parent. when your heart heals I hope you will be feeling the angelic love from Chance, and the new love of a new kitty . Sending you and Chance prayers tonight.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I suck at this stuff but I know how it feels and I hope your pain eases quickly. I will soon experience it again with my long lived Beagle and have a 4 year old son and 2 year old daughter who also love her like family. Pets add so much to our lives and I hope you have great memories to help you through this.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Oh, I am so sorry. Losing a fur child is incredibly painful. People don't realize how precious they are to those who love them. I lost a very precious cat about two months ago, I still grieve and the heartache never entirely goes away. I had her for 9 years, rescued her at 4 weeks old, and one day I saw her sunning herself on the deck, so happy...then she was gone. I felt like my heart was torn out. Such is the love we feel for pure souls.

I found this online and was impressed that the person who commissioned this tombstone loved his or her cat every bit as much as I loved mine.

My heart goes out to you.
edit on 31-5-2017 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Sorry to hear and good advice about giving them your love.

I was fortunate to have lifelong companions from when I was a kid(family tragedy almost stopped us from being able to keep them), up until my 20s. My new companions are now getting up there in age and even before now and surely after then I've made a point to cherish their moments, as they are only here for a flicker comparatively.

She will remain by your side and even more in memory. Give yourself enough time as needed to grieve. Someday, when the time is right, may a new companion come into your life.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I am saddened by this news and so sorry for the loss of your beloved fur baby.

RIP dear Chance!

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
So sorry for your loss.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Sorry Opeth.
Our pets are more than pets. They're our family, they are our children to some (in my case).
Our furry little different humans never judge us and love us.

I'm sorry this has happened.

R.I.P. Chance😔🙏

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I'm so sorry for your loss,i know its very heartbreaking to lose a beloved animal friend

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   

So sorry to hear about your loss opethPA.

What an awful shock to go through! 😔 But You are awesome for giving the little one such a loving home and cats are so amazing, that there can be no doubt that she will be watching over you from Heaven.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

RIP Chance .......you will be seeing your little friend on the other side opethPA.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I'm sorry to hear that. We lost one of ours to a stroke too. One day he was fine and greeting my husband at the door like the devoted little dog/cat he was and the next he was hiding and breathing funny. It was so sudden.

It's never easy and it never gets any easier. But I wouldn't miss having the chance to love them all the same.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Not enough stars. 😢

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
As always the humanity of the people here come through..

I took comfort the first time I posted a scenario like this years ago and your words have made a difference again...

=)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
*** HUG***

I'm sorry. I've lost so many pets.

Amazing, aren't they? They are in our lives such a short time. Cause terrible heartbreak when they leave.
But yet, they teach us so much about love, that we are willing to do it again and again.

And I couldn't imagine my life with out them.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I'm so sorry about your loss. It's always hard losing a furry friend.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Put many down too. Yes it's heart breaking, gut wrenching and so much more. I always say "No More".... hurts to much. But eventually after a year or so another gets Adopted, and it the best.

Not going to lie. I'll take a dog or cat over my sceaming, unappreciative nieces and nephew in a New York Second. Six nieces all from 1 to 12..... oi ve!🤗. Except Skyler, she only bites😆.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I'm sorry you lost your friend, we rely on animal companions in ways we can't rely on people companions and it's hard to articulate through grief because we try to rationalize it. Let yourself grieve.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join