It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-terrorism Ad going viral in the Middle East (Let's bomb delusion with the truth)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

No? I am/was saying that hating gays isn't confined to a particular religion. I think it's more a fear of the "other" a fear of those that aren't like us, which might be an instinct most people have. Until people come to understand that that "other" isn't so different after all and no threat to their way of life.

For you that "other" is Islam, but I can assure you, that you have nothing to fear from the vast majority of Muslims.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Don't twist it, I was referring to the dragging of gay people behind trucks, throwing them from rooftops, burning them, stoning them to death. In the middle East it is overwhelminlgy one particularly vile flavour of Islam which is doing this, an ideology which is funded by a particular ME state which we sell weapons to.
I did NOT blame Islam in itself, not Sunni or Shi'ite. I am not an uneducated knuckle dragger like some on the forums who blame Islam in itself.

I blame the particular vile interpretation of Islam, which existed long before UK/US dropped any bombs.

edit on 30.5.2017 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: EternalShadow

Urm no, you don't sneak away so easily.
I only replied to you because you blamed US bombs on a vile ideology which stones gay people to death, murders other Muslims just because their particular flavour of it is different.
I called you out because I assert that the ideology existed hundreds of years before the US bombed anyone.

Basically you are wrong to blame the behaviour of these savages on UK/US bombs.
They were already killing anyone else who is different.

I wasn't sneaking away, I was stating a fact.

You wanted an answer I can't give you.

However, I can ask this... What was different about the crusades? Or the intolerance of the bible that somehow is "alright" with everything as of late? (See, that's a question that anyone can answer if they choose to, even if one doesn't believe in anything but their own selfishness and life choices.)

Islam and Christianity BOTH are not immune to intolerance.

Annnnnnnnd the cycle continues..

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

lets assume that it is all due to being misinterpreted....lets assume all religions preach love and tolerance. well people still skew it and embark on their fanatical # in the name of religion. not just islam

That's just the thing, it's always about an us versus them mentality. The majority of people are peace loving individuals but get caught up in one side or the other.

I am not without hope myself though. the troubles of northern Ireland were largely about the Catholics versus the Protestants, and there were many horrific acts committed by both sides. This was exactly the tit for tat aggression that you mentioned and it seemed like it would never come to an end in my lifetime. Yet it did.

I would have to look further into to see how it came about exactly, but I believe the majority wanted peace deep down and all it took ultimately, was the negotiations and the appeasement of the main players to bring hundreds of years of violence and counter violence to an end. I think the key thing was that both sides wanted acknowledgement of their cause and had to basically apologize to each other.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

i hear what you are saying about the troubles and i dont disagree entirely.

this middle east situation has been going on far longer, with far more people, over a far larger area.

also neither side of the troubles have had to deal with drone attacks by a foreign nation and things of that nature.

the situations are the same yet different

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

The old Testament is equally vile in some passages.
Are you making excuses for a modern day ideology which still tortures and kills gay people or those of other faiths?
I don't believe in any unverifiable woo concept so I'm neutral here.
This topic is about the middle East and I'm calling a particularly vile interpretation of Islam as savages who are doing the overwhelming majority of killing and torture.
You blamed US bombs for the people following this ideology, I blame the ideology itself because it existed hundreds of years before UK/US dropped any bombs.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
A nice message for the commoners..

But, as long as alphabet agencies exist...terrorism will persist.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

some good ole homosexual hate going in in the states too

www.godhatesfags.com...

pretty sick #

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

From now until happiness...

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

The old Testament is equally vile in some passages.
Are you making excuses for a modern day ideology which still tortures and kills gay people or those of other faiths?
I don't believe in any unverifiable woo concept so I'm neutral here.
This topic is about the middle East and I'm calling a particularly vile interpretation of Islam as savages who are doing the overwhelming majority of killing and torture.
You blamed US bombs for the people following this ideology, I blame the ideology itself because it existed hundreds of years before UK/US dropped any bombs.

I was on topic until this got derailed concerning the treatment of homosexuals by a certain sect of Islam.

The bombs certainly don't help do they? Or are there good bombs and bad bombs? Good people, and good religions, countries, ideologies, etc. all of which can be interpreted as BAD when it conflicts with one's own already well established beliefs and culture.

I think it's a bit more complicated than just accepting a certain sexual preference..... and a bit selfish considering.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Ah okay, I'll leave you to it.
Keep on defending that particularly vile interpretation of Islam if you like, they'd kill you regardless of US policy, just for not sharing their warped faith.
If you don't see that well, whatever, I'm involved in my own thread about that particular issue, haven't the time to make the same argument in different threads lol

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Ah okay, I'll leave you to it.
Keep on defending that particularly vile interpretation of Islam if you like, they'd kill you regardless of US policy, just for not sharing their warped faith.
If you don't see that well, whatever, I'm involved in my own thread about that particular issue, haven't the time to make the same argument in different threads lol

Thanks?

Lol.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Ah always thanks for reasoned and logical debate

If you wanna challenge me on my similar arguments in the thread I have running at the moment please feel free, I just don't have the time to be arguing the same in multiple places.
It's in the political mudpit forum, I won't disrespect the OP of this thread by linking here.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Don't twist it, I was referring to the dragging of gay people behind trucks, throwing them from rooftops, burning them, stoning them to death. In the middle East it is overwhelminlgy one particularly vile flavour of Islam which is doing this, an ideology which is funded by a particular ME state which we sell weapons to. I did NOT blame Islam in itself, not Sunni or Shi'ite. I am not an uneducated knuckle dragger like some on the forums who blame Islam in itself. I blame the particular vile interpretation of Islam, which existed long before UK/US dropped any bombs.

Ah, glad you cleared that up, it did sound to me like you were going after Islam itself as a whole and not the Wahhabi branch which I previously stated as vile. Odd why you don't directly mention it though or Saudi Arabia the state which sponsors that particular sect.
Don't want to get on any lists is it?

I'm not sure how old the Wahhabi sect is but I do remember a Muslim man who I bought a van off about 9 years ago stating that Wahhabi was the fastest growing religion in the world. I believe he was actually trying to convert me once he knew I believed in a god. One thing I have seen is the increase in extreme interpretations of Islam over the last twenty years or so. Nobody wore Burqa's back in the day and most Muslims only wore traditional clothes on religious days. I've seen the changes over the years with my own eyes and I can deduce that extremism and extremist views have been on the rise since right about the events of the first Iraq war and what was Yugoslavia. I doubt the rest of the of events later going down in the ME have helped either somehow.

As someone who likes their chess I'd have thought you might have picked up on the game play and tactics being used. There's a power struggle going on all right, but us measly pawns being pushed about all over the place aren't really the cause, we would all do well to remember that I think.
edit on 30-5-2017 by surfer_soul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

Odd why you don't directly mention it though or Saudi Arabia the state which sponsors that particular sect.
Don't want to get on any lists is it?

I'm busy in my own thread discussing similar issues so honestly, sorry I'm bailing here, but on that specific quoted question above I am being careful because it is the only reason I've seen some threads deleted.
Threads with no general hatred for Muslims, just too close to the truth about a certain particularly vile form of Islam and who funds it.
Call me a tin foil hat wearer but I'd say go careful if you want this thread to live.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Interesting, maybe its time I started some of my own threads, censorship is vile form of tyranny and truth will out!

I'll have a gander at your own thread, though I might not contribute, I usually have this way of not saying something if another member has already said more or less the same thing already.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Interesting, maybe its time I started some of my own threads, censorship is vile form of tyranny and truth will out!

I'm not making any claims though, just sharing my own musings based on what I've read and the threads I've seen deleted. This ain't my house though so as in any party, if the host doesn't like what I'm talking about I'll drop it, not my house.

I'll have a gander at your own thread, though I might not contribute, I usually have this way of not saying something if another member has already said more or less the same thing already.

Cool

...and my apologies to the OP of this thread for going off-topic.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I'm not so sure it did drift that far off topic myself, but to get right back on topic I feel it's good to see this video going viral as stated in the OP. Targeting innocents will never further anyone's cause, ideology or beliefs. In fact I wonder (just donning my tin foil hat here) who these actions really benefit? Who are those really pulling the strings in all this, and what's their agenda?

Hmm....

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I agree with you that this a good start by appealing to the hearts of many of those who have bought into political ideologies (Wahhabism) that promote terrorism which is used to indoctrinate naive, ignorant and lost souls.

Now, if only a similar marketing campaign could happen in the west—primarily the USA—in order to discourage those ignorant and naive enough who are contemplating joining the military industrial complex and those everyday citizens who have bought into the silly "War On Terror" propaganda. For those already indoctrinated in certain western ideologies and those who are currently in the armed forces—an even stronger deprogramming campaign is urgently needed as well.

...you wanna harm kids? Well, the #in gloves come off then because you # with the most innocent in our society...

I so feel you!

On a side note:

Ramadan is often a strong month for advertisers in the Middle East because families will watch television as they break fast in the evening, according to CNN.

From my personal experiences spending time in the Middle East during Ramadan—families will usually break fast in the evening together and use that moment to socialize with each other and to bond with friends and neighbours. That TV watching part seemed a bit off to me. Minor detail, anyway.

Great post. S+F

edit on 30-5-2017 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I wonder (just donning my tin foil hat here) who these actions really benefit? Who are those really pulling the strings in all this, and what's their agenda?

Hmm....

It is interesting that Kuwait, or a media company from Kuwait produced the movie.
Kuwait, one of the few chilled nations with Sunni and Shi'ite living chilled with Christians who are actually allowed to be citizens.
Bahrain is the only other ME state which gives citizenship to Christians.
Some other ME nations our UK/US governments do arms business with are barbarous places which stone rape victims to death.
Kuwait is more civilised, hence the movie produced by a Kuwaiti business.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join