It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian SOF operating in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
They locate targets, pass coordinates to planes and helicopters and, when the opportunity arises, snipe terrorists. They seem fairly well trained and equipped. To date, they only had a few casualties after nearly 2 years of operation. In one occasion, 16 of them took down 300 terrorists. Quite impressive.

twitter.com...

www.veteranstoday.com...

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I bet they do not kill nearly as many regular citizens as the American and Rebel campaign does.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I was thinking the same thing when I saw a video the other day of a Russian airstrike on isis and they waited for the covoy of isis to get in the middle of an open desert road with no civilian buildings anywhere around and then lit them up and picked off the few that ran into the vast empty desert seems like a way better strategy then trying to hit them when they are hiding out next to a school or something along those lines...

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
16 Russians took down 300 terrorists... what a joke...
These kind of overly exaggerated hero stories can distract from the fact that anybody who is opposing to Assad is considered a terrorist in Syria.
The Assad-Russian coalition have killed non Daesh rebels and civilians by the thousands, sometimes by cooperating with ISIS:

ISIS and Assad cooperate locally on mutual interests to destroy FSA

Russian airstrikes in Syria killed 2,000 civilians in six months

If I were you I would double check any claims made by the Russians as they have a long history of fabrication of information:

Geolocation Once Again Disproves Russia’s Targeting Claims in Syria

Just remember, Russians do not care who they lunch their rockets at, terrorists, civilians or rebels. The only thing they are interested in is keeping Assad in power.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxMech

FSA is more of a threat to SAA than IS is. FSA is supported by America. So obviously they will finish off FSA first before they go after IS.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaxMech
16 Russians took down 300 terrorists... what a joke...
These kind of overly exaggerated hero stories can distract from the fact that anybody who is opposing to Assad is considered a terrorist in Syria.
The Assad-Russian coalition have killed non Daesh rebels and civilians by the thousands, sometimes by cooperating with ISIS:

ISIS and Assad cooperate locally on mutual interests to destroy FSA

Russian airstrikes in Syria killed 2,000 civilians in six months

If I were you I would double check any claims made by the Russians as they have a long history of fabrication of information:

Geolocation Once Again Disproves Russia’s Targeting Claims in Syria

Just remember, Russians do not care who they lunch their rockets at, terrorists, civilians or rebels. The only thing they are interested in is keeping Assad in power.

I am not going to believe the anti-russian propaganda without researching it, the governments and their newspapers do spread that. I am sure that there were casualties, but I feel that these figures may be exaggerated a lot. It seems obvious that people believe propaganda, we are conditioned to believe it. It has been going on for thousands of years. Governments control their citizens by propaganda most times.

I can't say that the articles you showed are not true, but I will not automatically believe them. I have seen evidence of the rebels taking over hospitals in some articles, they set up base in them. That gives them a level of protection from anyone trying to fight them. Now, the USA does not do that, that is against the standard rules of warfare, Russia also follows those rules, so do most nations. Rebels and Terrorist groups do not follow those rules, they prosper defying the rules. The West slams Russia and Syria for bombing hospitals but does not condemn Israel who does this to target the rebels in the Palestine areas. The Palestine government does not have direct control of that group of Rebels, they are talking about not supporting them anymore because of their tactics. But the rebels there have too much evidence against the Palestine government. It isn't too easy to drop their alliance with those Rebels.

Sorry for going off track with this. Terrorists and Rebels do not follow the rules of war that we or other nations do.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

There is no distinction between a terrorist and a rebel in Syria. FSA, Al-Nusra, Islamic State etc are all Islamist fanatics and must be destroyed.

Syria will soon be victorious against the Islamists. That much is obvious, why else the constant pleas for ceasefires and truces?

There is no cooperation between Syria and the Islamic State. That is a lie spread by rival Islamist factions desperate to pull the West into an actual ground war in support of their barbarian cause.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I am not going to believe the anti-russian propaganda without researching it, the governments and their newspapers do spread that.

Ok, if so I guess you don't believe the Russian propaganda either. This post contains Russian embassy Twitter feed which claims that Russian troops are fighting terrorists in Syria. As you said, you should not believe this propaganda without researching it.

It seems obvious that people believe propaganda, we are conditioned to believe it. It has been going on for thousands of years. Governments control their citizens by propaganda most times.

I agree, just remember that the Russian and the Syrian government are operating in the exact same way.

The West slams Russia and Syria for bombing hospitals but does not condemn Israel who does this to target the rebels in the Palestine areas.

The same can be said about the Russia-Syria-Iran coalition which condemns Israel for targeting Hamas rocket launchers positioned on civilian structures or hospitals but have no problem doing the same thing and much worse.
All i'm saying you can look both way at this, if you condemn Israel or the US for hitting a hospital, you must condemn Assad, Russia or Hizbollah for doing the same.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

There is no distinction between a terrorist and a rebel in Syria. FSA, Al-Nusra, Islamic State etc are all Islamist fanatics and must be destroyed.

Assad is a dictator. Just think about the 465,000 people who died and 14 million wounded and displaced during the last 6 year just because Assad's lust for power (Source - Syrian Observatory for Human Rights). There are terror groups operating in Syria on both sides. Don't forget the atrocities and the war crimes done Assad. Remember the thousands who defected from the Syrian army because they didn't want to be a part of this murderous regime.

Syria will soon be victorious against the Islamists.

Iran and Hizbollah are also Islamists so I'm not sure what do you mean here. I guess you wanted to say "Assad soon be victorious against anybody who is apposing him".
Your rooting and cheering for Assad and Russia shows that you are fueled by hatred towards the west and not by sincere concern for the Syrian people.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

The Syrian Observatory of Human Rights is one guy in London who publishes terrorist propaganda. Not a reliable source. Really he should be arrested.

You mean people die in a war? Wow, who would've thought?

Personally I hope Al-Assad has the terrorists who surrender executed when this war is over. Nobody will miss a few thousand kiddie rapists, child beheaders and stone age barbarian fanatics.

Well, maybe the House of Saud.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaxMech

I am not going to believe the anti-russian propaganda without researching it, the governments and their newspapers do spread that.

Ok, if so I guess you don't believe the Russian propaganda either. This post contains Russian embassy Twitter feed which claims that Russian troops are fighting terrorists in Syria. As you said, you should not believe this propaganda without researching it.

It seems obvious that people believe propaganda, we are conditioned to believe it. It has been going on for thousands of years. Governments control their citizens by propaganda most times.

I agree, just remember that the Russian and the Syrian government are operating in the exact same way.

The West slams Russia and Syria for bombing hospitals but does not condemn Israel who does this to target the rebels in the Palestine areas.

The same can be said about the Russia-Syria-Iran coalition which condemns Israel for targeting Hamas rocket launchers positioned on civilian structures or hospitals but have no problem doing the same thing and much worse.
All i'm saying you can look both way at this, if you condemn Israel or the US for hitting a hospital, you must condemn Assad, Russia or Hizbollah for doing the same.

When I look at propaganda, I evaluate this stuff on both sides. Russia is good at propaganda too, all of Europe seems to spew propaganda a lot, so does the USA. Some countries are less apt to do major propaganda than others, when it is all blown out of proportion, it is usually propaganda. Our political parties spew propaganda all the time. We live in a world where there are more lies than truth flowing out of people's mouths. Just because an article contains a bit of truth does not mean it is all truth.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

The Syrian Observatory of Human Rights is one guy in London who publishes terrorist propaganda. Not a reliable source. Really he should be arrested.

Ok... All I provided from that site is casualties/injured statistics. If you have a better source, provide it.

You mean people die in a war? Wow, who would've thought?

Well, this war started by the Syrian people trying to overthrow the dictator who was in control of their country. Instead of stepping down or at least holding an election, this psychopath started butchering his own people. So yeah people die at war, but when one person is responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands, he should be put down like a dog.

Personally I hope Al-Assad has the terrorists who surrender executed when this war is over. Nobody will miss a few thousand kiddie rapists, child beheaders and stone age barbarian fanatics.

I agree that there are terrorist organization operating in Syria, but if you look at the civilian death count you see that Assad and the Russian army are not any better. So I hope when this all be over, Assad will share the line to the scaffold with the Islamic terrorists, and the Syrian people will have peace at last.

new topics

top topics

join