It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets Of Rabbi Sim'on ben Yohai

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
In the spirit of peace I wish to share what just arrived in the mail today from a book "Trajectories in Near Eastern Apocalyptic"
A Postrabbinic Jewish Apocalypse Reader, John C. Reeves; Society of Biblical literature

I will quote the most fascinating parts and provide a link to it in full. It is, in its earliest form, 8th century according to eminent nineteenth-century historian Heinrich Graetz. It was added to over decades at least, revised even. You can read about that in the link.

Attributed to Talmud sage of the second century, a la the Sefer ha-Zohar, pseudepigraphally of course.

The Secrets of Rabbi Sim'on b. Yohai

These are the secrets that were revealed to R. Sim'on b. Yohai when he was hiding from a cave on account of Casesar king of Edom (i.e.Rome/Byzantium). He stood in prayer forty days and forty nights, and began thusly: "Lord God, how long have will you spurn the prayer of your servant?" Immediately there was revealed to him the secrets of the eschalon and hidden things.

He began to expound the passage "and he beheld the Kenite"(Num 24:21). When he perceived the Kingdom of Ishmael would come (and exercise dominion over Israel), he exclaimed: "Is it not sufficient what the wicked Kingdom of Edom has done to us that we should also (suffer dominion of) the Kingdom of Ishmael!?" Immediately Metatron the prince of the Presence(Shekhina) answered him:

"Do not be afraid, mortal, for the Holy One, blessed be He, is bringing about the Kingdom of Ishmael only for the purpose of delivering you from that wicked one (Edom/Byzantium).

He shall raise up over them a Prophet according to His will and He will subdue the land for them; and they shall restore it with grandeur."

Before I give you the link, Isaiah 21:7 "rider of a camel" is also applied to the Prophet Muhammad (sa). This author was apparently a part of a Jewish community of supporters very early, as it was added to over the years it has gotten long but I hope that is enough to interest you and you read this fascinating rare 8th century Apocalypse.

Salaam on Ramadan to my Jewish, Christian brothers and sisters and all of mankind in fact I wish the same peace, just had to mention my co-Abrahamic religions because the tradition of fasting is not unfamiliar to the Bible. We all worship Abraham's (pbuh) God, have more in common than we don't with regards to our religions which span the globe.

Isaiah 58:3-7; Jeremiah 36:22;

Matthew 6:16

"Wherever you fast,do not look dismal like the hypocrites, they disfigure their faces so as to show others that they are fasting."

We are also advised not to show we are fasting if hungry, angry from hunger, or to let it be apparent, it is a time of joy and peace and to go without reminds us just a little of what would happen if God didn't feed us and provide for us.

Also a time to provide for those in need. Refugees would be at the top of the list right now if you like you could even just pray for those in conflict zones on this day who can not enjoy the peace most have.

According to Thomas McElwain in "Islam in the Bible" it occured during the 9th lunar month. I can't confirm this myself but I will not doubt the man for no reason. If it shows we have something in common, it is good, is my point.

Full Text S. of Rabbi Sim'on ben Yohai
edit on 27-5-2017 by Disturbinatti because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Disturbinatti

I never did understand why you guys spend so much time killing each other. It seems to me you have a lot in common.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

We don't. It is one tiny piece of land.

In reality I know that is more myth than reality we do not "spend...time killing each other."

We have a long, long history of mutual prosperity and generosity and cooperation.

This is very new on the world stage. There has always been fighting in every town, city and province on every continent every day for ever.

It is on purpose people are expected to believe that, but we don't even hate each other and probably get along better with Jews outside of Palestine/Israel than with any other religion. We have the pure Monotheism in common.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I never did understand why you guys spend so much time killing each other. It seems to me you have a lot in common.

I appreciate you recognizing the common elements, they are more than the differences by a lot.

Thanks and Salaam.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I go on YouTube from time to time and there is no shortage of support of Islam from the Jewish and Rabbinical community.

I also not ashamed the least to say my eyes water up with joy every time. In matters of theology and politics, I just don't think they are allowed a voice.

I watched a social experiment where a Muslim couple and some actors pretended to harass them and just about everyone who was there stood up for them, and one gentleman identified himself as Jewish and took his Magen David out to shame the actors. He literally said "I am a Jew, I am defending them g.t.f. out of here. I believe they had to end the ruse over it, though it could be a different scene, there are many.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Well, ya know, if Metatron told him so, then it must be true...

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

It's a pseudepigraphal Apocalypse, literature.

And an honor.

Metatron is the "Little Shaddai" aka Enoch as a powerful angel and"Prince of the Presence/Shekhina."

Also of 3 Enoch and the Ascension vision of "Rabbi Ishmael." Metatron is mentioned in the Talmud, not as Enoch but it is the belief most common.

Shekhina is the Holy Spirit, the Ruah ha-Kodesh.

And Simeon ben Yohai is a hero in the Talmud and the subject of the Zohar an earlier genuine account of his teachings and a later one attributed to him.

Both are sacred to much of Judaism. I have the Zohar in 15 vols. Beresheet to Haazinu, 50 books. Besides the Qur'an and Ahadith/Sunnah, the Ihya ulum al-din by Al-Ghazali, it is my favorite book.

I know you are joking but it is a little crass to make fun of something I am presenting with peaceful intentions. I won't tell you what to do but I would not do that.

To a troll it is okay to do that to but a sincere person...it looks bad for you is all. I don't want that.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I suppose I could challenge you to produce an analogous writing about Catholicism/Christianity.

I don't think you would have such luck.

John bar Penkaye, 8th century Syrian Monk wrote in support of the Divinely​ guided Prophet (pbuh) as a liberator from the Persian King Khosro.

The Monophysite-Christian Copts of Egypt supported the Muslims over Heraclius of Byzantium and it became a Muslim territory. 7th century or so and John Nikiou, no fan of Islam, wrote about it.

"The Copts perspective was the Arab invasion was liberation from the yoke of Byzantium."

(Syria didn't support Byzantine Rome either)

Christian-Muslim relations, A Bibliographical History, D.R. Thomas, Barbara Reggeme, Juan Pedro Monfererre Sala (600-900); page 211-215.

Heraclius persecuted the Monophysites through Melkite Patriarch Cyrus.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I suppose I could challenge you to produce an analogous writing about Catholicism/Christianity.

1) I know you're a fake account.

2) I only deal in Biblical scriptures that are metered in Hebraic heptameter. If you can prove there is heptameter in the book of Enoch, then you'll have my undivided attention.

3) The documents that I could produce are too complicated to explain. It took me years to get to the point that I am presently at. There is no possible way for me to communicate what I know in an ATS thread.
edit on 28-5-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Muslims trying to make Christians that they are part of the same whole not understanding the curse they bring with them in the Quran. And Christians who can see the curse clearly moving towards Paul:s dogma to make sure they are not connected to Muhammad and his deeds. And the Muslim see the curse Paul is and cannot accept his teachings. You see the thorn/wrongness in the other but not the thorn in your own faith.

And the tree cursed duality preachers sow deceit between the people since the people would not reject their message and see it for the curse it was.

Abraham, Muhammad and Paul strikes again and the cycle of suffering thru duality continues. And the blessed ONES are shaking their heads while observing the blindness and lack of awareness in humanity.

edit on 28-5-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Metatron is not Enoch, he is still Enoch and his hidden name is known only to God/Ya.
Allah is Not Jehovah/Ya.

The tribes of Ishmael's descendant's I have no doubt are real but there is a very strong question as to the Arab's laying claim to that as the both the North African Berbers and the Ethiopians may have stronger claim despite the claim's made by a guy in the sixth century who is also NOT a prophet of the True God, he Lied, He made claim that his followers could continue to worship the Idols in the pagan Kaaba then retracted it with later excuses made for him by scholars of the cult he founded whom claimed he had been possessed by Satan, if he was possessed by Satan, Lied, Murdered for personal vengeance and Butchered entire Jewish tribes saving only the Virgin girl's (Children) to be used as sex slaves and perhaps wives by his followers then he was most absolutely definitely not a prophet of Jehovah, I have no problem with him being a prophet of Allah as I truly believe Allah is a demon, perhaps Satan himself and was known to the Indian's as Kali the goddess of death, odd how they hold that Moon goddess Idol the vulva shaped black stone as sacred and touch it then share that supposed blessing with all other members of there cult when they return form there Haaj, mark of the beast eh! to correct some other's wrong assumption's.

You know Um Kirfa, she was a peace maker, a young widow and had the swords of other tribal leaders presented to her and hung in her tent not as a sign of conquest but of esteem and respect, He hated that, he Feared and loathed her because she was a woman who could tie enough other tribes together to over come his army of followers so despite the fact she had done him no wrong he led a team of his men into her camp, like snake's they hid in the sand under there cloak's at day and in the night they crawled on there belly's like the deceiving serpent of Eden, when they were close enough and her warrior's distracted and far enough away they launched there attack on the almost defenseless woman, after doing whatever they did to her his followers tied her arm's and leg's to four camel and had her pulled apart then while he sat in HER tent eating her food they presented her head to him as a trophy.

Her small daughter like his own wife Aisha was just a little girl and he gave her to his Uncle whom as a plaything.

The only time a woman was so treated in the land's Israel was when one was raped to death, her body part's were sent around the land's Israel to make the men of Israel's descent ashamed and so shamed they rose up against the lawless city were this had happened, there is no parallel at all.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

3 Enoch aka Hebrew Enoch

Chapter 48

An Enoch-Metatron piece

48:1 (K version, which concurs w/ AEFG&H versions)

"And I siezed him, and I took him and I appointed him"---that is Enoch, the son of Jared, whose name is Metatron....

"Metatron is not Enoch."

According to a virtually unanimous in agreement Rabbinical literature he absolutely is.

Metatron is based on Mithras, in all likelihood and according to them. It also refers to the Merkaba, the (chariot)-throne which Enoch stands behind.

In Talmud this is true of Metatron who Acher/ ben Abuya saw in Heaven and thought was a second God.

Paul is Acher, Elija ben Abuya, Acher means "other" as in one who goes by an other name, Saul-Paul.

Revelation of Paul ,the Apocryphal book speaks of the Acherusian Lake of fire, and actually condemns his teachings one by one.

It's a Greek myth, the Lake, but there was a real one named after it.

Acherusia-Polis

I kid you not.

Herod Arche-laus
Herod Acher-Saul

Benjaminite is code for Herodian Jew, as Paul was on both counts obviously, he says it, people just aren't aware of the meaning, the Rabbis are. They didn't decrypt Archelaus either I did that because I notice things, had just learned about Acher THAT DAY, read A. of Paul, thought of Archelaus and it is an anagram for "(an)other Saul", as in King Saul.

You don't know what I know but I do know you don't know it too. Few do. Read Antiquities book XX by Josephus if you think I am kidding and tell me what I know about it, it's a good example.

Regardless you spoke incorrectly and in Judaism where Metatron is an angel he absolutely is Enoch as an angel.

Why you would say otherwise is baffling. I have 3 Enoch right here and it says he is Metatron who stands behind the throne.

Acher saw him sitting beside God writing (Enoch is a scribe), but usually he stands, Acher thought this was another God, a dig at Paul clearly who claims to have been caught up into the 3rd heaven and heard things unspeakable.

It's actually not well known about Acher, but Rabbis will and do admit it is Paul, in books and online that I have read myself, and it is also believed Rabbi Ishmael is a pseudonym for Acher when they wanted to keep something he said.

3 Enoch is a pseudo epigraph in the name of Rabbi Ishmael.

Don't argue with someone who knows more than you.
edit on 1-6-2017 by Disturbinatti because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Essentially Meta-tron means "Raised up to the throne", if not literally.

Metatron/Enoch is "Youth" "Little Shaddai" and of Merkaba literature 3 Enoch is the most famous.

He is "Prince of the Presence/Shekhina."

Chapter 4 is titled "Metatron is identical with Enochs who was translated to heaven at the time of the deluge."

Clear enough???

Has 70 names (4:1), its author knew of the first, 1 Enoch well. It has the same angels as the Zohar which also says he is Metatron, same themes.

You need to not say things that are not true just because you have a lack of knowledge or even if believe different because aren't Jewish.

It doesn't change them or their literature that contradicts your fallacious assertion.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

All your comment shows is your immaturity and anger at being called it previously, which reinforces my original comment that was not hostile whatsoever.

People like you are not why I am Muslim.

But are why I am not Christian.

Haters, most of ya.

You are mad I have writings that prove Islam had the support of the Babylonian/Syrian and Persian Rabbis against Byzantium.

More that Syrian Christians did.

Even more that Coptic ones did.

Against their own Emporer Heraclius and King Khosro of Persia.

So your immature retort is hilarious.
Nothing else.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I only addressed your error in stating that Enoch is not Metatron, which I have proven is not so, that he is.

Did you say that just to be on topic and then segue into the most absurdly opinionated garbage you spew while speculating about ancient history, something you do because you have a sick need to trash a religon but are not even aware of the fact you are a robot, a mimicking your masters who have produced enough propaganda to take advantage of your lack of knowledge or care for the truth, both.

And it's just because you are not thinking for yourself or learning anything real, I hate to say brainwashed but there is no reason to say anything you said past Enoch, who has relevance to the topic, wasn't Metatron.

Nobody will be shocked that nothing you said was accurate, your hostile bias is evident.

Are you Believer Priest's secret account? You both have a similar style of bias towards anything positive if said about Islam.

Mohammed saws is from the Hashimite tribe, unique among the Quraysh for having an Israelite Matriarch named Salma.

This is easy to find out, even Wikipedia says so

So you need to stop. Listen. Absorb, ponder and learn real history before you open that biased mouth of yours.

Slander is not honorable and you are slandering people from a lack of knowledge, if you had knowledge you would be aware and lying.

But you are just clouded by hate and wrong. I don't think you are lying but a propaganda casualty, like so men goats herded by the Goat Herders.

How is the weather in Mendes?
edit on 2-6-2017 by Disturbinatti because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join