It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 stars visable in daylight?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Yesterday I was sitting in the garden with a friend.
Beautiful clear sky. almost two hours before sunset.

Suddenly i saw something in the sky, a clear 'white" dot...
I pointed it out to my friend, and we both wondered what it was. As it was stationary and very high. We ruled out plane, and balloon.

AS an frequent ATS i remembered topic about planets who can be visible at certain dates and times.
I went in to get my binoculars and my phone with a skymap app.

Meanwhile my friend had found 3 more.. in a kind of a almost straight line.
The binoculars did not help much, nice pure white dots. no flickering, almost like tiny moons in briljant sun light.

Then i pointed my phone, expected to see something like Venus or so.. But no planets in sight.
The only thing in the location was Ursa Minor.
And the brightest of them was close where the North star should be according to the app the app

We had all the time in the world, and yes, we tried to take a picture, but it was impossible with either one or our phones. So shoot me ATS, but no pictures.
We concluded it must be the line of Ursa Minor, but it still looked very strange.
The brightest was most visible and a sometimes the others were gone.

After half an hour we looked up again.. and we could not fine any star anymore. Still clear blue sky.
That surprised me again, as if it were stars, they should have become more visible at that time..

Anyway we did find it strange and had a few moments of excitement.

Anyone ever seen something familiar?

En of my report.

edit on 27-5-2017 by EartOccupant because: Made a mistake

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Did some googling.
And on a UFO report page i find some more reports of i think the same light dots.
Many more people have seen something alike yesterday , some at later time.

It looks like it did move slowly to the north, as time and location of reports seems to show.

People are talking that one of them was Jupiter. But that would not explain the other dots.
ISS is mentioned also.
Very strange my Skymapp did not show Jupiter. I will check my settings if planets were on.
It did say: Hubble telescope in the neighborhood, but i never heard you could see that.

Anyway here are some reports, its in dutch, but you can use google translate.

Also i noticed No one mentions Ursa Minor
Anyway, at least we were not alone in the sighting.

UFO report side DUTCH

edit on 27-5-2017 by EartOccupant because: Added some more info

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant
In my latitude, I see Jupiter in the southern part of the sky. Over the weeks it has been moving west out of Virgo. The "tail" of Leo is or was pointing straight at it.
Jupiter is certainly a bright object. I've seen it visible close to the full moon, when the stars in general were lost to view.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Yes, i've seen a planet before around dusk , dawn while the sun was still up.
I also re-checked my app, planets are on. No Jupiter was in sight at the time and place of our sighting.

And it still does not clarify the other three.

As i was reading the other reports, it becomes a bit more mysterieus as other reports tell of movement , or lining up in a triangle shape later on the evening.

edit on 27-5-2017 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I suggest installing Stellarium. It's one of the best astronomy programs in existence in that it can show everything in the sky in a huge swath of time (as in thousands of years, not just months or a couple of years)

I don't have it installed on my computer, it was on a older one a few years back, I just haven't gotten around to reinstalling. Feel free to install & identify your stars, easy-peasy.

Edit: www.stellarium.org/
edit on 5/27/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Tnx for replying.

I have to let that information sink in for a while.

But thnx for warning!

a reply to: EndOfDays77

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I have Stellarium but used Skymap yesterday. It can be a little of, but i made sure to scan a little around to see if calibration was obscuring my results. Wich was not the case.

As i stated, it was something odd. And does not fit very well ion with normal sky sightings.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Could it have been a kite with reflectors or lights attached at intervals along the string? I once saw that at night (they were using soft yellow lights) and it gave me a delicious UFO moment before I realized wbat it was.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Tnx for replying.

No way a kite. Way to high.. normal passenger planes were coming around as well, below the dots.

I used a good binocular, it would enlarge the plane, but not the dots. Same as you would look at a star with a normal binocular, not much difference.
Exept it seemed perfectly round and outlined as you see the full moon on a clear day. Only pure white in size needle head.
During our observation they al where stationary on eyesight.

The distance between the dots was very wide. Thats why we eventually settled ( with some hesitation) for Ursa Minor.
But after reading more reports from people in the Netherlands, and all other observations i doubt it was that constellation.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

why was that off topic???? this is truly a conspiracy it itself, i don't believe in planet X, but if someone spots things in the day sky, and someone provides his theory on that, how is that off topic??

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

Without if or if not i would believe him.

I think you a right. He did tried to supply an answer to my observation

But maybe the mods did see it as pushing an agenda? Strange a little indeed.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing with us about this.

Devil is in the details though as they say and can be needed for those of us familiar with the sky to check and see what you may (or may not) have seen such as:

Where are you? You don't have to give us your street address of course, but knowing what major city is close to you would really help.

What time was it when you saw it?

When you were looking at it, what direction? North, South, East, West, etc, etc.

How high up were you looking? 90 degrees would be straight over head, 0 degrees is the horizon.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

its good to hear all theories, none should be suppressed, and if someone believed something so much they would make it their agenda, to inform people, i know because i believe in what my sig line says and i always try to inform...

endofdays77 is likely to be wrong in my opinion, but that wont stop me having a wee look up into the sky to check, and if he is so sure that we are getting to the point where we will see this Planet X, then point me in the right direction so i can see or not see for myself.

My initial thought was that it would be the ISS............. but if you discount all the things it can be then it can only be a UFO, and that's pretty cool!
edit on 27-5-2017 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TerminalVelocity

I did not record the time, but it was i think between first spotting 19:30 to 20:00 i did see the first one.
When i went in the house, my friend spotted three other, less visible. Our sighting lasted about 30 minutes before our attention was drawn away, after i few minutes we looked up again all gone.

I did take a compass reading with my phone because we considered the brightest one could be the North Star.
So from our observation point the brightest one: about 5 degrees off of North. I remember that exactly because i was thinking that if you would use that as a navigation star, how much would course deviate in lets say 200 miles ( little side node as i'm a sailor, it just popped up ; ) or if my phone has a deviation.

They other three lights were stretching out in a line east from the first one. With considerable distance between them. I estimate about 10 degrees east, between them. Not a real straight line, but straight as in descriptive. During our observation it all looked stationary relative to each other and to our position.

Our angle up i guess would be around 75-80 degrees, maybe a little less.

One thin that had me keeping doubting the stars theorie was the total absence of any flickering or vagueness. Perfectly bright led little white spheres.
As little planets..

One note: My mother told me this morning see had seen a weather report about the exceptionally atmospheric clearness of yesterday. They mentioned even high altitude, because it was some not common for our region.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I hate to respond with a knee-jerk "balloons," but there are high altitude surveillance balloons-- aerostats-- in use now. They can hover over an area of interest for months.
edit on 27-5-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

ISS was around i read somewhere ( did not check )

But still.. then they were trowing a party and had some space friends over in the other three chariots : )

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

wouldn't ballons be spread out, im asking because i dont know, but that would seem logical.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

That not Knee jerk, that is a valuable addition.
And not to be discarded totally.

As the observer, i do doubt it highly however.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join