It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you ever play extremely loud music during a back yard party?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

I don't understand the impetus of such a disruption myself.

I WILL say that on occasion, a Saturday afternoon might find me firing up 400 watts of driving guitar power solely for my own pleasure. I point the stack back toward the bluff -- away from my neighbors, and after two hours, I'm done. Only the wild chickens in the bush suffer, imo.

I hear people drive down the road with their car stereos blaring and thumping and their windows down. I did that too, I imagine, before I grew up. Let it rip, but roll up the windows.

People firing up an all-nighter? Well, they should work with the neighbors within earshot. Life is too short for neighbor strangeness. Be kind to your neighbors. Try not to piss them off. Remember, you share a border with them.

Every-ting criss, mon. Take 'er eeee-sy.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Yep. If it's on a weekend night I let it go. I don't think it's ever happened on a week night, or if so, it's over by 9:30 or so.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I'm in my forties and moved away from my old home town. I live on a mountain in the sticks. We don't have a police department to call..folks up here tend to mind there own business is what I am saying..

But,

Before we moved I threw a few rippers over the years at the old house. But we were respectful we always moved the party inside around nine pm. And kept the music down.

The only time we ever had the police called for disturbance was in the middle of the afternoon ironically. I had two live bands...

Here's the funny part..

One of my best friends from high school and a couple of other band geeks got together for a reunion and came and played at my 21st birthday.

My neighbors were out on there patios jamming loving the hootie and the blow fish Dave Mathews cover band rocking it..its all good ,they get done around 3 pm..

Now my other really good friend from high school had a "band"..

He convinced me to let them "play"..

Now I don't want to say they were horribly unskilled.. mainly because that would be an insult to the horribly unskilled..

But it sounded like a dumpster fire ..if a dumpster fire had an anthem and that anthem was sung by Rosanne Barr..

They were half way through there second "song" when the the police were pulling up my driveway..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I'm also always welcome to being told how and why I'm wrong on any particular issue.

How about if I show you how I'm wrong instead? I've got a motor cycle group just across the alley from me that meets on Sunday afternoons, at exactly the time I like to take nap, on what is my only consistent day off. I say "group" because they're a bunch of geriatrics that aren't aging gracefully, though I'm sure they would dispute that. It's a non-stop old bike rev a thon all Sunday afternoon.

I've considered seeding the alley with roofing nails. But here is the thing. Yes, they annoy the ever loving # out of me. There are days where relish the thought of strangling each and every one of them. But in the final analysis, the truth is, I don't want to be the sort of asshole that breaks up their fun. Yes they're disturbing my quiet Sunday afternoon, but not to the extant that I want to disturb theirs.

Mostly I just want to yell out the window, STFU. and have them get a little quieter for a few minutes. Sort of an acknowledgement of the sacrifice I make in the furtherance of their "fun".

Same could be said of the music that goes on here more or less continuously every weekend. Yeah I sort of wish they would STFU, but not so much that I want to spoil their genuine fun.

Understand what I'm saying?

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Hell no. Having lived in many apartments myself, you figure out real quick, even without ever so much as accidentally being the noisy dick, that people highly value their quiet hours after slogging through their days for a paycheck. I'm not going to be the rude asshole that ruins that, my husband holds the same belief.

We're in a very quiet 'burb now, the only noise people around here want to hear is the neighborhood kids out playing. Having said that, when the neighbors behind us moved in, they didn't seem to comprehend that concept at all. Many parties blasted through the neighborhood into the wee hours. Many insanely pissed off neighbors tried reasoning with them & failed, they resorted to utilizing the local noise ordinance. A good half-dozen tickets later, they get it now. The neighborhood has resumed it's normal leisurely quiet punctuated by the neighborhood kids' playing.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Here's the thing, I play music loud in general. But no fear, I have amazing taste

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I have a rule that covers all this stuff.

If you can't do your "thing" without bothering anyone, then you don't have enough space for your "thing".

Basically anything you cannot confine to your own property shouldn't affect anyone else.

Want a shooting range or helicopter pad? Move to Montana or some other place with space for it....your OWN space.

Other people might choose to play chess, cards or maybe darts....and not bother anyone else.
edit on 28-5-2017 by FlyingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

To be completely candid, I would find it bothersome regardless of the type of music. I very much do my best to follow a "I don't bother you; you don't bother me and we'll get along just fine" principal.

In a way it's similar to musicians who perform on the subway platforms in NYC. When I used to work in NYC I would all to often find myself trapped on a platform with nowhere to escape the sound waves of musicians. I want to make it clear that jazz is one of my favorite genres and some of these musicians have talent.... but it's too damn loud underground and quite frankly, I just want to travel unmolested.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join