It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone recall the last time CNN or MSNBC ran a positive story about the Trump administration?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Paschar0

The better question is:

Can anyone recall the last time Trump did something positive that didn't involve not being a jackass?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

A core principle of journalism is fairness. CNN is neither fair nor journalism.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The same could be said of Fox. Unequivocally.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

Perhaps. I'm glad we can agree,

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

So why then, does the right constantly rip CNN to shreds for the same things Fox does?

I won't defend Msnbc, they are just extreme nutjobs.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

So why then, does the right constantly rip CNN to shreds for the same things Fox does?

Probably for the same reason the left considers CNN to be intrepid journalism. Why don't you tell me?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Personally, i would like to hear something positive about our president, but im afraid there is just nothing positive about him

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Probably for the same reason the left considers CNN to be intrepid journalism. Why don't you tell me?

I think it's news. I watch it to find out what's going on in the world.
There's nothing sacred about it.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
TV news has never been perfect, but if you watch older clips far enough back to when it was aired in black and white, you see at least some effort to separate personal feelings from the story being reported. There seemed to be some pride in delivering it with that in mind. News used to be a public service and wasn't required to be profitable or entertaining. Yes, it's always been a tool for government, but there were glimpses of integrity and meaningful investigative journalism once in a while and you couldn't predict the source as you can today. Now, I can't even watch 60 minutes more than a few minutes without rolling my eyes and turning it off.

I would enjoy watching even one segment where I couldn't tell how the news reader "felt" about whatever it was they were "reporting" on today. The positive/negative language cues, smirks, frowns, banter all designed to shape the audience's opinion are so obvious to me and the fact that some people don't recognize this is amazing.

I think many of us can agree that they are ALL colluding on certain things to keep the people under control, I just thought they'd be better at by now. I swear, the movie "Idiocracy" is feeling more real every day.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Clearly you've never read up on the William Randolph Hearst media empire.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

its so obvious to me that this happens and that is why you can only take news with a grain of salt. Why is it not obvious to everyone? Media is not...nothing. It should not be disregarded as ...FAKE NEWS all the time, just take what you can from it, but do NOT, NEVER depend on it as the 1 and only source to feed your brain.

You can watch 2 totally different News sources and gather 2 totally different truths.

Please do not sheeple off in one direction or the other. Do not stick with just one station bc it protects your agenda.

Im not saying to not watch the news, just keep an open mind...thats all.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I think it's news. I watch it to find out what's going on in the world.
There's nothing sacred about it.

There is your answer.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
You're probably about as likely to get a positive spin story about trump from CNN or MSNBC as you were to get a positive spin story about Obama from Fox News.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Clearly you've never read up on the William Randolph Hearst media empire.

Correct. I also don't confuse ignorance and intelligence. Was that required reading before or after your Snark 101 class in college.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

You tell me. I would have thought instead of getting snippy and defensive because I pointed out some ignorance you had you'd try to correct it. Deny ignorance mate. If you've never heard of Hearst, go look him up. But talking about the heydays of media like it was unbiased is just wrong. Media has always been biased and opinionated.

PS: You need some thicker skin. This is the internet. I'm not even trying to be mean to you.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: Paschar0

Can anyone really say there is anything that just reports news without some sort of agenda? Where does someone go for an actual balanced report of any given event? Does it even exist?

No.

But you should keep in mind that not every negative story, or anonymous source is fake news.

Yeah, but when even a Harvard study says they run 93% negative coverage it's clearly now just propaganda. Meaning when they do find something real or important, nobody but the sheep are listening anymore.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Felt like a cheap shot and I simply wanted to point that out. I thought it was obvious I do see all media as biased to a certain extent.

If you want to make a reference without sounding like a douche, add a sentence to make a point about the book your parroting and it'll come off better.

You might be a cool person, it just hit me as a little snarky.
edit on 26-5-2017 by Paschar0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I'm not parroting a book. I'm telling you to go study history so you are better informed about the arguments you are making.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I'm still trying to remember when he did something positive and praiseworthy in the first place. Kinda have to get past that hurdle first, I think.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

A recent Harvard study concluded FOX was 50-50 with Trump (and Obama) and CNN was I believe 93% negative towards Trump.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join