It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone recall the last time CNN or MSNBC ran a positive story about the Trump administration?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I'm not a democrat or Republican, I couldn't stomach either candidate. I also only tune in for a few minutes a day to see what the CNN, Fox and sometimes MSNBC are talking about that day.

I rarely see Fox running anything that doesn't support Trump in some way, but there are SOME stories that don't. That said, it's now almost June 2017, and I can't recall seeing a single positive story from CNN or MSNBC towards the Trump administration..or anything not democrat for that matter.

In the past, I've always appreciated how Fox would attack and expose Democratic leaders when they were in power and how CNN and MSNBC would do the same towards Republicans. This is what the press is supposed to do, help keep government in check. Now, it seems everything is almost pure opinion. "anonymous sources" now mean zero to me, "fake news" is pretty much all news in some way. Every single outlet has been exposed for manipulating information. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. but hey, that's TV these days.

Can anyone really say there is anything that just reports news without some sort of agenda? Where does someone go for an actual balanced report of any given event? Does it even exist?

I find myself reading 5-10 online sources about any given story and can immediately spot the bias most of the time...it's just exhausting having to read so many sources just to find some hint of the truth somewhere in the middle.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Paschar0

Can anyone really say there is anything that just reports news without some sort of agenda? Where does someone go for an actual balanced report of any given event? Does it even exist?

No.

But you should keep in mind that not every negative story, or anonymous source is fake news.
edit on 5/26/2017 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Paschar0

It means nothing. The media outlets want to make money above all else. If the innuendo enrages you then you will most likely watch their pablum. The media outlets have no agenda left or right. Their only agenda is to make money.

Rage = Ratings = Money

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
It's a waste of time to be concerned about such things. Once you realize that all media is a game show you have no where else to go. You can't change it and you are not going to convince others about it. People being people have to discover these kind of things for themselves.

Sad but true.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Did Fox ever run a positive story about Obama? No?

It's called marketing to your base.

Case closed.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Im 'anyone' so I feel I should reply.

I wouldnt know the last time CNN or MSNBC ran a positive story about Trump... cuz

...WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND GOES TO CNN OR MSNBC FOR QUALITY NEWS?????

Not I

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I rarely see Fox running anything that doesn't support Trump in some way, but there are SOME stories that don't.

It is interesting that you think this since Fox News' ratings have dropped a bit during all this Trump turmoil this past week or so because they aren't broadacasting enough negative coverage of Trump. Don't believe me? Here is The Blaze.
What has happened to Fox News’ ratings since O’Reilly’s departure? The answer is shocking

Across the board, cable news is benefiting significantly from having President Donald Trump in the White House, but it appears the liberal networks have been able to capitalize on Trump-related news better than Fox News has

Now this article goes on to attribute the loss to Bill O'Reilly, but he left a month ago. This drop happened these past few weeks (notably last week when all those leaks from the Trump Administration hit all at once). I'm sure his lack of presence isn't helping, but come on. People want to hear about the bad things Trump is doing and Fox is doing a disservice by pretending there is nothing to see. So people are going to CNN or MSNBC instead.

On Thursday, at the 7 p.m. hour, Fox News’ “The Story,” hosted by Martha MacCallum, lost by more than 100,000 viewers in the 25-54 demographic to CNN’s “OutFront” with Erin Burnett. Chris Matthews’ “Hardball” beat MacCallum by nearly 60,000 viewers.

At 8 p.m., Fox News’ “Tucker Carlson Tonight” lost to both CNN’s Anderson Cooper and MSNBC’s “All In” with Chris Hayes.

At 9 p.m., Fox News Channel’s “The Five” was absolutely demolished by Cooper and MSNBC’s “The Rachel Maddow Show,” which won the key demographic by more than 200,000 viewers.

Of all the Fox News hosts in primetime, Sean Hannity performed the best, although he still finished third to “CNN Tonight” with Don Lemon and MSNBC’s “The Last Word” with Lawrence O’Donnell.

edit on 26-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

They are laughable excuses for news outlets, along with quite a few others on both sides of the political aisle but CNN and MSNBC take the cake for anti-Trump bias. I've been watching them, and others, consistently for the last 12 months (at least) and I am certain they are the fuel feeding the fires of social division - just read the twitter comments of 'journalists' - they are much more 'real' than their 'fake' personas on the TV's.

The rhetoric coming from those 2 channels alone is simply embarrassing - their 'Trump hate' is only eclipsed by their Obama/Hillary love (which they still bang-on about)......truly pathetic.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

A paper can't judge a person by the fruit they bare anymore?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

The msm never runs positive stories. They are in it for the clicks and ratings. Negativity gets views positivity does not.
When's the last time you saw a positive story about drugs? When's the last time you saw a positive story about what goes on in the hood? How about a positive story involving russia? or even NK? Good things happen all the time and if the msn was truly objective we would know more about it .

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Yes, when they blamed him for dropping the MOAB on Afghanistan and shot 59 cruise missiles into Syria.

He didn't actually do that, the military did. The slavish media didn't say one negative thing...

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

They are laughable excuses for news outlets, along with quite a few others on both sides of the political aisle but CNN and MSNBC take the cake for anti-Trump bias. I've been watching them, and others, consistently for the last 12 months (at least) and I am certain they are the fuel feeding the fires of social division - just read the twitter comments of 'journalists' - they are much more 'real' than their 'fake' personas on the TV's.

The rhetoric coming from those 2 channels alone is simply embarrassing - their 'Trump hate' is only eclipsed by their Obama/Hillary love (which they still bang-on about)......truly pathetic.

Again, just like Fox news.

Oh boy you guys have a hard time seeing both sides of the coin.

edit on 26-5-2017 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
A better question would be when was the last time they ran a true story about Trump.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

and you guys are truly pathetic in having your blinders on - did you miss this bit "along with quite a few others on both sides of the political aisle" - this is about CNN and MSNBC but that is irrelevant because in true fashion deflectors are at full and denial is the flavor of the month.

Pathetic.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

What has trump done that deserves praise??

Lollipop

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Maybe it's because of the fact that Donald Trump, being the crude, vindictive, narcissistic idiot that he is, doesn't have a single redeeming quality to be positive about.

You can't make this guy or his party look good without repeatedly lying to and eventually alienating your audience.

The failing Fox News ratings are beginning to reflect that truth.

Donald Trump is an absolute embarrassment to himself, to America and to the human race as a whole.

Who in their right mind would go around praising this kind of individual?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

There hasn't BEEN anything positive by/for/about or due to Trump. In fact... he's making it worse every second. Now even with our own Allies.....

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

and you guys are truly pathetic in having your blinders on - did you miss this bit "along with quite a few others on both sides of the political aisle" - this is about CNN and MSNBC but that is irrelevant because in true fashion deflectors are at full and denial is the flavor of the month.

Pathetic.

Calm down big fella. It's just the internet.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I tell you what...I can't remember the last time I watched CNN or MSNBC....why? Ever since Trump said Fake News...game over MSM.

Edit note: I actually stopped watching ANY news channel altogether because all they have are negative stories in general. I like feeling positive and inspired and all the verbal diarrhea they spew is just too much for my enlightened ears.
edit on 26-5-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I don't watch FOX News but the one person I will watch on YT is Sean Hannity. He may be biased for Trump but how he presents material is in a equally weighed balance of pros and cons. CNN and MSNBC are just totally cons with no remorse. You could see, for example, Wolfe Blitzers eyes are kinda red (and blood coming out of his...wherever...lol) you could feel the hate in him.

But yeah, Sean Hannity is the only one I would watch because he is positive, clearly spoken and has all the positive FACTS, and not opinions. And he is well mannered too. My big TWO CENTS.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join