It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does parasitic worm spit contain the key to healing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Worm spit has a molicule that can help the healing process. This comes from the land down under and the molecule comes from the saliva of the liver fluke worm.

Researchers claim a molecule found in the spit of a parasitic worm can bolster the healing process for diabetics, the elderly and smokers with lingering wounds.

A team of scientists from the Australian Institute of Tropical Health and Medicine discovered the molecule granulin, found in the saliva of a parasitic liver fluke in Southeast Asia, can "supercharge" healing. They hope more testing will produce an advanced healing cream for patients.

So the research team figured a way to recreate the molecule, and it is now mass produced. On to clinical trials in the near future.

The discovery pushed the team to pursue a way to recreate the molecule so it could be used for medical purposes. The team was able to pinpoint the part of the molecule that healed, allowing the molecule to be mass produced.

It is now being tested and researchers hope clinical trials are in the molecule's future.
www.usatoday.com...

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Isn't this why they used Leaches in the old days?

Eta: I know it's a different species but parasites can have benefits.
edit on 25-5-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I thought that was to get the bad blood out?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I think so but if I recall correctly, they also clot the wound when they're finished.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Maggots were used too to eat infected flesh.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I think they still are used in certain circumstances.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Why not use the resources God/Nature gave us.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

These are the best ways to do things.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Like... *a-hemp, a-hemp*

Sorry, frog in my throat.

But then Bristol-Meyers-Squib-and Sons wouldn't be making truck loads of money!

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Agreed, from my limited exposure to the medical system in the US is the system is a money making venture.

My general prac belongs to a hospital network. He pays $3,000 a day to belong to that network, and this was pre-bend me over obama care. I have not a clue what the poor Dr. pays now. Just think about a 2 week vacation, that is $30,000.

I think we are screwed and the last remnants of big medical is grabbing all it can before the crash. It will crash when Joe and Jane 6 pack look at their medical insurance bill and say we can't have a house and medical insurance and stop paying.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Maybe one day bro. I hope so.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

The one problem with going "all natural" for cures is seen in the "rhino horns cures ED" junk. Then all the rhinos get wiped out for no good reason. But I'm all for them!

The cost of healthcare is crazy! Everything is marked up. Single-vendor access. Profit margins maximized. And now, you have to have proof of insurance to file your taxes!

We've dug ourselves such a deep hole that collapse seems like the only logical answer.

top topics

join