It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seth Rich and Russian Hacking (Extensive Timeline)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Here

www.businessinsider.com...

Considering we learned from the DNC Wikileaks that the mainstream media was colluding with the Clinton campaign, that means anything about the Seth Rich case published by ABC, Associated Press, Bloomberg, Buzzfeed, CBS, CNBC, CNN, Daily Beast, GPG, HuffPost, MSNBC, NBC, NPR, NY Post, New York Times, PBS, People, Politico, Reuters, The Hill, Univision, Vice (HBO), Vox, Washington Post (WaPo), the Wall Street Journal, and Yahoo News or any of their affiliates should be considered an unreliable and biased source of information concerning the Seth Rich investigation as they were harmed by the leaks.

link

edit on 24-5-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yes the June 14th stories (which there were several but I only linked the Wired one as it gave more resources and citations) were odd because the DNC hired CrowdStrike in May and did not give an 'official release' to their findings until September (which they edited and redacted parts in March). This is why this story does not contain a * as I cannot confirm it. Many of the stories here cross-talk and cross-channel and I went back to the 'earliest' versions of the stories I could.

August 20: Newsweek features a newscast with the following transcript on the citation linked:

Rich, a DNC employee, was working on several committee cases involving voter and election fraud before he was murdered by gunshot. He was also set to testify in the FBI’s email investigation of Hillary Clinton before he was killed. Authorities have ruled his death as a robbery gone wrong. Police records indicate nothing was stolen from Rich, which make some think this recent mysterious death to be something stranger than fiction. Rich’s death made national news because of his job with the Democratic National Committee, as the director of voter expansion data.

August 10, 2016 - It is open to interpretation, however it still happened. People still think it is relevant, so it is in this timeline.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

edit on 24-5-2017 by eisegesis because: Immortalized by IMTAT, lol

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: KaDeCo

Late 2016 – Buzzfeed states Wheeler is hired by Fox Correspondent Ed Butowsky to work on Seth Rich case and is contracted to parents to investigate (1) (2)

Worth noting: this came from Bauman (the Rich family spokesperson). Also worth noting here is that Butowsky initially lied about having involvement but then backtracked the following day and said that he didn't pay Wheeler.

Late December, 2016 – Jeffery Carr admits Crowdstrike’s information given to Homeland Security’s investigation was ‘fatally flawed’ and there is no evidence for Russian Hacking of the DNC Citation

Jeffrey Carr didn't "admit" anything. Jeffrey Carr gave an opinion and you've completely mischaracterized it. Here's the excerpt from ZH (your source):

Jeffrey Carr called the FBI/Department of Homeland Security Report, the only alleged evidence released by intelligence officials, released in late December 2016 a “fatally flawed effort” that provided no evidence to substantiate the claims that the Russian government conducted the hacks, though that’s what it was purported to do.

How does that add up to what you've said? He said the report from the FBI/Dept of Homeland Securit was a "fatally flawed effort." No mention of CrowdStrike nor the evidence they provided. No mention of evidence of Russian collusion or the lack thereof. Original source here (Counterpunch article).

I'll throw you a bone on this though: Jeffrey Carr has been one of the most vocal critics of the Russian attribution from the security community. I've read several of his pieces and he does in fact bring up some good points in many of them but even he doesn't discount that Russian hackers were responsible (that I've seen). His opinion (where I've read it) is that the publically available evidence (much of it coming from CrowdStrike) was inconclusive and not strong enough to attribute the hacks to Russia.

Sorry if I'm coming off overly critical. On the whole, this is a fair enough list and most of it seems accurate and relevant (though I question the Shawn Lucas inclusion and I can explain if you want). I know that it took an enormous amount of time and effort to compile the list and I appreciate it as I'm sure many others do.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Hey everyone, maybe if we all indirectly annoy a specific member or two for openly discussing our thoughts, they'll go off on a posting tirade, subsequently helping this thread reach the frontpage!

Me and my silly ideas.
Now you're just being silly.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Do you think a data analyst doesn’t have user permissions to access data. It is not a stretch to assume he had access to the e-mail database.

You're assuming that the e-mail server was even on the same network as the project servers. I don't know whether or not he had administrator access to any servers or not and I'm guessing none of us do. I would imagine that a number of folks in the DNC and investigators know. It would be interesting to hear this question posed to the right people.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Name one good reason why the FBI should not have been the investigators.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Worth noting: this came from Bauman (the Rich family spokesperson). Also worth noting here is that Butowsky initially lied about having involvement but then backtracked the following day and said that he didn't pay Wheeler.

That is very interesting I am going to look that up right now. I knew that dear ole Ed denied it and then was caught but I was unaware that Bauman was the one that revealed it.

May 17, 2017 - Bauman reports to CNN that Ed Butowsky hired PI Wheeler to work for the Rich Family Citation

Carr Information - Claiming the investigation is 'fatally flawed' other sources, and Carr related information with his opinion to the Russian Hacking.

Cite 1
Cite 2
Cite 3

----

I -welcome- your critique and agree with a lot of it. I am not a journalist by any stretch of the imagination, but I am rather shocked someone much better than I am at this hasn't put down a comprehensive timeline of stories and events. My thinking is that they want it all to be muddy (They = MSM on both sides and it = how the DNC information got leaked).

This was more, as I said, for me to wrap my mind around the series of events in the order they happened. For instance, the 'wire tapping' FISA requests make SENSE to me in this timeline especially when you see the DNC felt something was fishy in April/May to request in June a FISA request.

Other things of note I found when compiling the timeline was that the Kim DotCom claims come just when Rich was entering the DNC. Which I find interesting. Is Kim DotCom clever enough to know this and lie about it, or did Seth find out something after joining the DNC then reach out? I have no idea.

This timeline isn't perfect, and there is so much more (like the Butowsky thing you pointed out) I don't know and can be connected. I think what this experiment has taught me is that both sides have a lot of interesting and compelling information for both arguments.

Thank you thank you, if you can think of anything else to add to this please do.
edit on 5 24 17 by KaDeCo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

The original announcement of the DNC was made by CrowdStrike founder/CEO in a blog post entitled Bears in the Midst: Intrusion into the Democratic National Committe on June 14 (I believe in the early AM) but the blog post date is now June 15th because it was updated.

If you're looking for even more granular time line information for certain events, ThreatConnect even did a timeline that included document creation times for what G2 posted on the Wordpress blog. I can track down if you're interested. I would add the bit about the FBI in September of 2015 because I think it's important as it's a non-CrowdStrike, credible source indicating not only a hack of the DNC but also, attributing the hack to Russians.

NYT - The Perfect Weapon: How Russian Cyberpower Invaded the U.S.

WASHINGTON — When Special Agent Adrian Hawkins of the Federal Bureau of Investigation called the Democratic National Committee in September 2015 to pass along some troubling news about its computer network, he was transferred, naturally, to the help desk. His message was brief, if alarming. At least one computer system belonging to the D.N.C. had been compromised by hackers federal investigators had named “the Dukes,” a cyberespionage team linked to the Russian government.

I would also add a line for the email from Ali Chalupa to Luis Miranda about the Yahoo security alert indicating possible compromise by not just a hacker (and I thought this was odd so I looked into it and it's a legit thing) but a warning of possible compromise by a state-sponsored attacker. That was on May 3, 2016.

This is also interesting in that it was a factor in the DNC calling in CS, because it is again from an independent non-CS source and also because it's right there in the DNC email archive from WL (email id: 3962) complete with a screen shot of the alert. (see my thread here).

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I know you've removed your post but I was going to say — I do it all the time *wink*

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

A good reason or a plausible reason?

I can think of a few plausible reasons that have nothing to do with the hack.

- Fear of emails/documents evidencing a crime.
- Fear of partisan FBI agents leaking emails.
- Quite possibly, a concern that some emails could contain something damaging to Clinton in terms of the then ongoing FBI investigation into HRC's use of a private email server.

I could come up with a few more if you'd like.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

He spoke to emergency responders was ‘alert, talkative, and responsive’ when they arrived at the scene. Seth Rich died at the hospital at 5:57am (1)(2)(3)

I never knew this. No one asked him what happened or who did this?

Am I reading into this wrong?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Please track down the timeline, and thank you.

When trying to connect to CrowdStrike's actual date of employment (as you'll notice I left it April/May) it was because there are actually a lot of reports connecting them earlier. Reading your post this also confirms a May hiring date:

CrowdStrike stands fully by its analysis and findings identifying two separate Russian intelligence-affiliated adversaries present in the DNC network in May 2016.

I was unaware of the emails you mentioned which are really good.

You saw this, right? A lot more coming down the pipe. I spoke to a delegation of 68 investigative journalists from Ukraine last Wednesday at the Library of Congress - the Open World Society's forum - they put me on the program to speak specifically about Paul Manafort and I invited Michael Isikoff whom I've been working with for the past few weeks and connected him to the Ukrainians. More offline tomorrow since there is a big Trump component you and Lauren need to be aware of that will hit in next few weeks and something I'm working on you should be aware of. Since I started digging into Manafort these messages have been a daily occurrence on my yahoo account despite changing my password often:
- Then linking to other articles.

You know I also forgot to mention that ambassador from the UK? (I cannot recall and will have to look it up) who mentioned the Russians did -not- hack the DNC and he was aware of who did. Though nothing ever came of that I don't think? I think it also remains unsubstantiated.

Cite 1
Cite 2
Cite 3

Also left out was the supposed editing of Seth Rich's posts from reddit which an entire thread was done about here.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I've compiled my own lists similar to this from my own notes a number of times. I know exactly how much mind-numbing effort goes into creating all those damn links!

I have serious doubts about KDC for a number of reasons:

- Why sit on the information for nearly a year?

- Speaking of timing, is it a coincidence that he made his claim the week of the Wheeler debacle and the retracted Fox News story?

- Why all the fanfare? Why hype it up with an announcement about what turned out to be... another announcement?

- Why not produce one shred of evidence?

- Why all the stipulations? If he has chatlogs, emails, texts, etc — why not share them with the world or at the very least, with the family and with investigators?

I was really annoyed when I saw KDC was directing people to his website (where he sells stuff) the day before the announcement. That looks like shameless self-promotion and gives to me at least, ample appearance that it was a PR stunt.

One other thing I would point out that one of his tweets was something to the effect of "his nickname was Panda." This is coming on the heels of the Reddit posts claiming to have found Seth Rich's accounts which all had "panda" in the username except one (IIRC). He tweeted that as though it was supposed to prove they knew one another but by that point, everyone paying attention was already aware of the Reddit posts so he could just as easily have taken it from there.

At any rate, it's still a very comprehensive timeline and you should be proud of it. Not a lot of posters are willing to put in that sort of time and effort.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gumerk

According to reports the police have yet to release what Seth Rich said to the EMTs except he kept giving them an address of where he lived a few years prior and did not seem to understand/know he had been shot - the citations are linked as to this in that post.

From my medical back ground as a certified medical assistant, this sounds like shock to me. It is possible since Rich was unaware and did not understand he had been shot or what happened, that he did not relay what happened in accordance to the events immediately prior to his shooting. We do know he was speaking this girlfriend minutes before the shooting, and that the half hour walk home took anywhere between two to three hours. I find that odd.

There were HIGHLY unsubstantiated reports from a "doctor" that "claims" to have spoken to Rich but they are so threadbare and hearsay anonymous nothings that I didn't bother following that rabbit hole any deeper.
edit on 5 24 17 by KaDeCo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

As for motivation I couldn't say. I mean I hear some people speaking that he had 'enough' and he heard there would be a federal investigation so came forward then, etc etc. There's those who state akin to what you did, "Why wait?". I couldn't tell you the motivation behind it but I can say greed is a powerful human motivator.

I look into things like this and my skeptical critical side always chimes the damned theme song from Pretty Little Liars (and I hated that show) and then my realistic side baffles. I wish there were more posts and people open to all manner of information.

Also, I found it very very interesting how the news cycle treated this by looking into it. You can track through it all the narrative each side wants to keep to. For instance, if you notice I didn't quote any Fox sources knowing they redacted their information but was tempted to put them in there because people still find the information important. In the end it ended up on my timeline but not this one mostly because half of this timeline in the end would be - And this was redacted. I just sidestepped the entire debacle for that reason.

Similarly I saw CNN repeatedly quoting things from the Russian Hacking narrative. However, repeatedly agencies stated there's no collusion from the hacking or leaking to the current administration but CNN wants to drive that nail in that coffin as if it personally murdered CNN's entire family. And now I see Dems gras ping at straws saying collusion is defined as 'making up crooked Hillary' and I just stare at the screen.

It is possible Russia hacked, as they probably hacked Hillary's emails (I mean if they got into the DNC they probably got into hers TBH) and also there were leaks. My opinion is the Russians probably did hack the DNC, and it is still possible Seth Rich leaked it to WL. Why do they have to be mutually exclusive?

I'd be interested in Seth Rich ballistics evidence from the case compared to all the other burglaries and robberies in the DC area. But seems there is just crickets there. I would find it very strange if someone is shot 'several times' and there is absolutely no ballistics information.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I'd be interested in Seth Rich ballistics evidence from the case compared to all the other burglaries and robberies in the DC area. But seems there is just crickets there. I would find it very strange if someone is shot 'several times' and there is absolutely no ballistics information.
Any idea what the crime stats are in the area he was in? I seem to recall there were not many homicides historically?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Crowdstrike started backtracking and discrediting themsleves in August 2016.

There is absolutely no reliable evidence Russia had any involvement whatsoever.

CrowdStrike CEO: No Way to Definitively Prove Russia’s Involvement in DNC Hack BRENDAN BORDELON | AUGUST 16, 2016 | 02:01 PM

The head of the cybersecurity firm leading an in-depth probe into the hack of the Democratic National Committee said his company is confident the Russian government was involved in the cyberattack, but that it’s impossible to be certain.

“We talk about having high confidence, but there’s no absolute in cybersecurity,” CrowdStrike Chief Executive George Kurtz said in an interview Monday on Bloomberg TV. Kurtz said his firm’s report speaks for itself, “and people can read into that whatever they like.”

morningconsult.com...

And of course the crooked DNC refused repeated requests by the FBI to examine their servers because ot is an obvious cover-up.
edit on 24-5-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

The story is a lie.
The right is trying to take the Russians out of the equation. Because it's going to fall back on trump.
It's the most obvious dis information meant to deflect and redirect.
It's a stupid attempt to deny the Russians hacked the DNC. If they can shut down that narrative they can quash the whole collusion story.
Its not working. Richs parents have called for conspiracy theorists should stop this nonsense.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

You can live in that fantasy world if you like.
I can't make you any smarter.
I can't make you believe.
All I can do is feel sorry for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join